Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

ah no wonder
    on the US marketplace its their
    but on the eu one its not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

saiint wrote: »
    ah no wonder
    on the US marketplace its their
    but on the eu one its not

No, I got off the Irish one here:
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/Product/EA-Sports-FIFA-13-Demo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802454189a4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Is on the marketplace now, im downloading it now at 6 %

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

I can't see it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

For anybody using Xbox360 marketplace, this is how I got it downloading. I hope it works for you.

Go to your Xbox 360 dashboard (be signed into Xbox live). Then go under the "games" tab. Then click "game marketplace", scroll all the way to the right until you get to the "demos" tab. Then click "new demos", Fifa 13 should be the first option for you to click. Click it, then click "see full game", then you should see "get trial", click that and you should start downloading the demo. I'm already on 22%. I hope this helps, I couldn't get it working for ages haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Not showing up on the market place for me but searched bing for FIFA 13 and da demo was the 2 nd 1 dere

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Scrappylad

Prick! wrote: »
    I can't see it :(
    I couldn't see it either. Used the bing search facility and put in FIFA 13. It showed up then

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Had to search 'FIFA 13 demo' to get it. Not in 'New Demos' and not under FIFA 13 in the Demos A-Z.

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Only gold members can download the demo. :(:(:( What the?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Only gold members can download the demo. :(:(:( What the?
    its been like that for many a year now on xbox live. new demos are for gold accounts only for like the first week.

• Advertisement

Now the REALLY annoying part. My absolute dog**** Eircom connection takes around 4-5 hours to download 1.42 GB

Tinie wrote: »
    its been like that for many a year now on xbox live. new demos are for gold accounts only for like the first week.

Crap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

30% getting there

gotthebug wrote: »
    30% getting there

Ok, I'm going now so when I come back I'll have a load of reviews to read :D

Downloaded in less than 15 mins, <3 UPC. Starting it up now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

82 % :D

Downloaded in less than 15 mins, <3 UPC. Starting it up now :)

Well? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Now the REALLY annoying part. My absolute dog**** Eircom connection takes around 4-5 hours to download 1.42 GB

In the same situation but I'm using 3 broadband. Not worth my while downloading the demo considering the download would be finished roughly around the time of the release date.

Well? :)
    Have played 3-4 games.

First impressions, the game is not HUGELY changed, which is probably a good thing.

Biggest differences for me are: the first touch, that will take quite a while to master, it can work in your favour and it can go completely against you, even when you're using top players. It's a very clever change though and I can see players that master the first touch being the better Fifa players. Something else I noticed is, in previous games, no matter how fast a player you were, even if you're Messi, most defenders can catch up with you and just barge you off the ball. Wingers seem a little different in this, a little more dynamic. For example, a long ball was played over the top of my defence, I was playing vs Dortmund, Marco Reus burned my defender for pace completely and got to the ball and delivered a cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

blobby360 wrote: »
    Trying to sign up to Starstreams but then get redirected to Starhosting.me ?

Then it says " Lite Hosting or Shoutcast "

Which one do i pick ?

wrong thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

miralize wrote: »
    wrong thread?

And this is what happens when I try to comment on two different threads at the same time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I came from FIFA 11 straight to this, and wow, what an improvement! It feels more natural and less arcade-style, and I love the first touch changes.

Dumb question, but I assume PC players can't play with the console players right?

[edit] Also in case anyone was wondering, the PC version looks great but the graphics aren't full 1080p which is a bit lame. Stuff like the match score and timer, and little UI elements like that are obviously scaled up 720p assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

5 hours to go!!! (PS3)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

played about 20 games right now haha cant stop
    just wish it was more then 3 min halfs but ah well

have to say in my opinion its a complete change from fifa 12
    alot more realistic play style
    first touch system definitly going to change the game online now
    graphics seem the same but dont think they can get any better for a few years anyway
    feels fresh, love the gameplay
    defenders can actually catch up on players with the ball if they go past them haha
    pre ordered
    cant wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Is Cazorla in your demo? For some it is, for others it isnt apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

It very nice

Borat.jpg

saiint wrote: »
    played about 20 games right now haha cant stop
    just wish it was more then 3 min halfs but ah well

have to say in my opinion its a complete change from fifa 12
    alot more realistic play style
    first touch system definitly going to change the game online now
    graphics seem the same but dont think they can get any better for a few years anyway
    feels fresh, love the gameplay
    defenders can actually catch up on players with the ball if they go past them haha
    pre ordered
    cant wait :)

A poster said earlier the opposite :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Played it on the pc, xbox and ps3. Thought the impact system and first touch is miles ahead of Fifa12. More realistic over all.

Played best on the pc and looked the best. Cant wait to get it!

Just played my first game.

Went into it and told myself not to get all excited and fuss over the tiniest changes like I do every year.

Played as Dortmund, drew 3-3 with AC Milan. Hands down the most enjoyable game of FIFA I've had in years. I absolutely loved it. When the final whistle blew I actually went "Aww!"

I'm not getting carried away or anything, but I really do like it. Granted I've only played one game, but the first touch really does have a big impact, interceptions in particular are far more unpredictable. The new dribbling thing with LT-RT is massive for me. I've been using it to hold up play while another player makes a run, in the past I would have to turn away which lead to a less accurate pass. Curving runs are in and they are gorgeous.

The one thing I kept saying to myself was "This is what a football game should feel like." So now I'm off to play 10 or more games and see how I feel, let's see how it fares then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Any manual players out their have reports on the demo so far? Whats the pace like in comparison to 12? PS3 head here and will be waiting a while (net speed) to play it :o

Advertisement