Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Anyone know whats the best deal around to get this on the high street? Xtravision, Gamestop, HMV etc. as want this on release day. Any specific pre order bonuses with certain stores?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭the_djoker

We play FIFA 12 in work ..... with German commentary - mandatory.

Looks like FIFA 13 will MAXIMISEN the BULLSHIESEN engine:

Complete Dribble
    In FIFA 12 you could dribble just by changing direction, in FIFA 13 this won’t be possible anymore!

I'm screwed so !! .. I really rely on that feature in FIFA 12 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

It's like the H2H is on 'fast' now. Looks like the same speed as the Ultimate Team 12 game play.

the_djoker wrote: »
    We play FIFA 12 in work ..... with German commentary - mandatory.

Looks like FIFA 13 will MAXIMISEN the BULLSHIESEN engine:

Complete Dribble
    In FIFA 12 you could dribble just by changing direction, in FIFA 13 this won’t be possible anymore!

I'm screwed so !! .. I really rely on that feature in FIFA 12 :(

When I first heard this I thought it might mean you'll lose control easy by changing direction. First touch seems the only change to basic dribbling on last year. It only means that the animation where you skip by a player changing direction has been taken out. It was random anyway and only happened occasionally.
    You can see from the dribbling video above that you can still keep the ball under control and use quick changes of direction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

I'd like to see more one handed tip overs by the keeper.

Also the crosses are the exact same every time.

Also would like to be able to nod the ball on with the head and not control with the chest, it slows it down and you get caught by the defender

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Prick! wrote: »
    I'd like to see more one handed tip overs by the keeper.

Also the crosses are the exact same every time.

Also would like to be able to nod the ball on with the head and not control with the chest, it slows it down and you get caught by the defender

THIS.

Surely they could implement something like if you flick the stick ahead like your knocking the ball on while the ball is at a certain height your nod it on with your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is the Airtricity League new or was it in Fifa 12? I wouldn't mind starting my career there and transferring to premiere league after a season or 2.

In Fifa 11, I started with Liverpool but only played 1 in 4 matches because I was so crap. I started a new career and started in npower league 2 with southhampton but got bored by the end of the 1st season as my teammates were useless. If Airtricity was in 12, can anyone tell me if they got any transfer offers to the premiere league or npower 1 or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Is the Airtricity League new or was it in Fifa 12? I wouldn't mind starting my career there and transferring to premiere league after a season or 2.

In Fifa 11, I started with Liverpool but only played 1 in 4 matches because I was so crap. I started a new career and started in npower league 2 with southhampton but got bored by the end of the 1st season as my teammates were useless. If Airtricity was in 12, can anyone tell me if they got any transfer offers to the premiere league or npower 1 or 2?

Think the Irish league has been in since fifa 09

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yup, its been there a long time, as I remember the Eircom league being in it one year.

Ah Right I only played Fifa 11, it was 94 before that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The tracklist has been updated now with the full 50 tracks

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/news/fifa-13-soundtrack-02

Thought Kasabian Club Foot was an interesting choice as it used to be the intro for Pro Evo 5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Axwell wrote: »
    The tracklist has been updated now with the full 50 tracks

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/news/fifa-13-soundtrack-02

Thought Kasabian Club Foot was an interesting choice as it used to be the intro for Pro Evo 5

And has been absolutely played to death by Sky Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,996 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

sheehy83 wrote: »

I played a season with Derry, and at the end Crewe offered me a contract

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I'm looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 21,996 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Also people going on about the training mode, its not a new thing in football games, way back in the Snes days International Superstar Soccer Deluxe had a training challenge mode were you had to dribble and such much like you see on those FIFA videos

Also people going on about the training mode, its not a new thing in football games, way back in the Snes days International Superstar Soccer Deluxe had a training challenge mode were you had to dribble and such much like you see on those FIFA videos

Master league also had the option for player plus cash about 8 years ago. Should never have taking fifa this long to put such a minor detail in. I wish you could take the master league and put it in fifa, much better game mode

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Ye the master league was class in the old PES games.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The squad role thing they have now reminds me of the NBA 2K series.

• Advertisement

jebforever wrote: »
    The squad role thing they have now reminds me of the NBA 2K series.

I much prefer basketball to soccer and usually get the nba 2k games each year but NBA My Player, as good as the idea is, always frustrates me beyond belief where the career mode in fifa, even though it could do with a better design, always has me wanting to play 1 more match.

I find quite the opposite with fifa career mode. It always kinda feels like just another match. No different feel to a league game and champions league game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

SinglePlayer is boring IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

In USA at the moment & will be when game is released, would USA version work on my european PS3?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

In USA at the moment & will be when game is released, would USA version work on my european PS3?

Cheers

No it wont.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15 Impossible Is Nothing

SinglePlayer is boring IMO

I genuinely thought nobody played single player anymore until I came on here. I play exclusively online, apart from some local multiplayer with friends. Playing online is so much more enjoyable than playing against the computer.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15 Impossible Is Nothing

Cheers

Yes, it will. PS3 games are region free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Yes, it will. PS3 games are region free.

Cheers, I tweeted the EA Sports see what reply I get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

GamesMaster has a review of it, gave 91%,
    In its 91% verdict, GM puts green ticks on the unpredictability of the new Impact Engine and First Touch Control systems - but points out they're still balanced and fair - and praises improvements in AI across attacking, defending and Career Mode.

"Is it better than last year's FIFA? Yes. The core game is simply the best football on console that there's ever been. It's exhilarating to play in multiplayer, and looks fabulous when you use any of the big boys."

GM concludes: "If you wavered on upgrading a previous edition we'd recommend getting this one as it plays fantastically."

The only real negative mentioned in the verdict is that the user interface in Career Mode still feels "poorly designed".

A FIFA 13 demo arrives "from September 11" on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, with the full game set to release on September 28.

This is the first time I've looked forward to a new fifa for a long time now. Can't wait, gamestop better have it at my door on release date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Cheers, I tweeted the EA Sports see what reply I get back.

It will work 100%. I got my console in america but buy my games here and they all work fine.

Advertisement