Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart's Desire Tournament.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I think the Punisher and Jack Russell will be too much for their foes here. Frank Castle isn't Bruce Wayne; he won't be throwing Joker to the proper authorities where hell escape for the bazillionth time, he'll just kill him.

So it's pretty much a straight 2 on 1. I can't see Brother Vodoo having enough to stave off a two pronged attack from Castle and Russell.

Frank 'n' Jack FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Hmmm tough one if one is to stick to the characters and their powers.

Brother Voodoo I have never liked, but he is the Sorcerer Supreme in the marvel universe having taken that title and all the powers and artifacts like the Eye of Agamotto that Dr Strange had, have been added to Voodoo, making him the most powerful mystical being in the whole Marvel universe. So given his power level, he should be well able to take out Jack Russell and Frank Castle before they can even come within the city limits.

But I just don't like him and I like the Punisher, so Frank takes out Joker easily, and then allows Jack Russell to become canon fodder against Voodoo, especially as Russell's biggest weakness is against things magical, in order to get a clean headshot.

Frank N' Jack.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Kess73 wrote: »
    Hmmm tough one if one is to stick to the characters and their powers.

Brother Voodoo I have never liked, but he is the Sorcerer Supreme in the marvel universe having taken that title and all the powers and artifacts like the Eye of Agamotto that Dr Strange had, have been added to Voodoo, making him the most powerful mystical being in the whole Marvel universe. So given his power level, he should be well able to take out Jack Russell and Frank Castle before they can even come within the city limits.

But I just don't like him and I like the Punisher, so Frank takes out Joker easily, and then allows Jack Russell to become canon fodder against Voodoo in order to get a clean headshot.

Frank N' Jack.
    Technically, Voodoo is still in training as Sorcerer Supreme. He may not be as capable of deflecting a furry cuisinart and a long-range bullet he doesn't even hear until his brains are on the floor. No this is not me voting.:( I abstain from voting.

Technically, Voodoo is still in training as Sorcerer Supreme. He may not be as capable of deflecting a furry cuisinart and a long-range bullet he doesn't even hear until his brains are on the floor. No this is not me voting.:( I abstain from voting.

Nope he is not in training anymore, in the comic he has been appointed as the Sorcerer Supreme with the Eye Of Agamotto revealing him to be the real deal and has been given the book of knowledge etc.

Not that it matters a jot to my vote, I went with the Punisher putting a bullet in his head anyway.:D

He and Jack Russell do have a history though, and his magics before they became as powerful as now were able to possess Russell.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I didn't even know he'd been bumped up like that actually. I just needed a magic guy and didn't want to use Dr. Strange.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Joker is unpredictable, he doesn't know what he's going to do from one moment to the next. Doesn't help VooDoo much. Punisher takes out Joker Then it's two on one against Brother VooDoo. Powerful as he is I think Voodoo goes down - win to Punisher and Jack Russell:)

Castle-Wolf slide through for the victory. Next battle coming up

BATTLE 5

SPIDER-GIRL & GORILLA-MAN
    spidergirl.jpg631878-gmpage_large.jpg

VS

GHOST RIDER & DRACULA
    ghost-rider-2.jpgCount_Dracula.jpg

BERLIN
    berlin%20night.jpg

Gorilla-man has convinced the time-traveling Spider-Girl to accompany him to Berlin to investigate a rogue operation of the Atlas organization. The operation however has been usurped by Dracula and his mystically-bound bodyguard Ghost Rider. They do not like guests.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dear lord.

Ghracula take this one.

Easy

Dear lord.

Ghracula take this one.

Easy
    I did say it was a walkover, did I not?

• Advertisement

Dracula hypotizes Spider-Girl, has his way with her. Gorilla Man goes to make to save only to be tripped up by Ghost Rider. Dracula impales Gorilla Man onto a large stake Spider-Girl was carrying.

Ghracula for the win.

Ghracula. No fight at all.

• Moderators Posts: 51,738 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

spider-girl gets the drop on dracula and encases him in an airtight cocoon made from her webbing.

She and gorilla-man then take turns beating up ghost rider with the encased vampire as their weapon of choice :pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

3-1 Ghracula.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ghracula go on a Club Med holiday together instead of turning up. They still manage to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Gorilla Man is immortal, Spider Girl is in many areas greater than her father, Ghost Rider is mystical with an accusatory stare, and Drac is a shape-shifting, blood-sucking prince of darkness, so this is my take:)

Spider Girl doesn't have to see Dracula, she knows he's coming. Her super senses even allow her knowledge of which direction he's arriving.Quickly encasing his human form in webs she slams him into the wall of the Brandenburg gate, sticking him there. Dracula attempts to shape-shift into a bat, but finds himself still entwined in the webs, so shifts back to human form. Spider Girl drags the struggling vampire to the top of the gate to the Quadriga. He is aghast to see the cross atop the staff of that angel. He is weakened greatly.
    Spider Girl borrows the staff. In a mighty effort she sends it swinging on a path to Dracula's head, neatly separating it from his shoulders. His headless body falls, still wrapped in webbing, to be impaled on a wooden spear the Gorilla Man was using in hand to hand combat with the Ghost Rider. Careful not to make eye contact, Gorilla Man tosses spear and body at Ghost Rider's head. Quickly he follows in to rip Ghost rider's head off.
    So that's how Spider Girl and Gorilla Man win the day. ;)

4-2 Ghracula

Ghracula win. Next up:

BATTLE 5

DARTH VADER & SPIDER-MAN
    darth-vader-costume.jpgspiderman+comic.jpg

VS

WOLVERINE & SHADE
    shade.pngMarvelwolverine.jpg

SanDiego3.jpg
    Peter Parker has been sent to San diego to cover a science fiction convention. While there he meets a traveler from a distant past and galaxy. Vader requests help returning to his time and can sense someone nearby with the potential to generate a way home for him. Meanwhile The Shade has realized someone is hunting him. In the wake of the Blackest Night his ability to resist damage has been greatly reduced. He starts casting about and locates an old acquaintance who owes him a favor. All Wolverine knows is that the guy following Spidey around just seems wrong, and must have some form of control over him.

READ THIS BEFORE VOTING:

SHADE CAN HEAL AT THE SAME LEVEL AS WOLVERINE FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS BATTLE. HIS SHADOW POWERS ARE NOT AFFECTED.
    THIS MATCH WILL REMAIN UP UNTIL MONDAY MORNING. YES PEOPLE, YOU GET EXTRA VOTING TIME THIS MATCH

Hmm Spidey beats Wolverine, don't think there is any doubt there, with even Wolverine admitting it himself a number of times in the comics that he would not be able to beat Spidey.

Vader versus Shade is more interesting. Even using the most recent version of Shade which I think is the weakened version after the Blackest Night in which his heart was literally ripped out, he is still awfully powerful offensively, and with his shadow powers not affected as stated by Cyberwolf, then his attacking powers could make even the likes of Galactus look weak whilst being able to heal on par with Wolverine.

Vader himself is no slouch, but his robotic arms prevent him from tapping into the full power of the force as it would kill him, plus he is listed in that wiki page with having his maximum power level as being that of 8/10ths of what the Emperor has.

I think Wolverine gets lucky here. He gets a beating from Spidey, but Shade engages Vader by using his powers to isolate Vader in a prison dimension, and by being in a different dimension Vader cannot get at him with the Force. Shade then just causes the dimension to cease with Vader still inside it.

With Vader gone Spidey is back to normal. He makes some quip about Wolverine looking like hell and webslings home.

WolverAde for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Think Spidy and Vader have too much for the other two.

DarthMan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,738 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Spidey and Vader.

Vader beats Wolverine, and Spidey to defeat Shade.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Darth Vader begins to choke the life out of both Wolverine and Shade, however, their healing powers gives them a bit longer before they are choked to death. Spidey is glued to a wall looking on casually, under the assumption that Vader will choke the last remaining breath of their foes at any second, so he's not taking the fact seriously that Wolverine is inching ever closer to Vader. Wolverine finally reachs a bemused Vader and decapitates his head. Spidey is on his own now.

Shade summons a few demons to distract Spidey while Wolverine gets the jump on him, impaling him with his claws.

WolverShade FTW

W have a 2-2 tie going here. How will it end.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ooooh this is a toughy.

Shall have to have a thinky thinkerson.

W have a 2-2 tie going here. How will it end.

That's easy.

Mikey Dolenz and Koth VS LZ5by5 and Kess73 :D

Only possible result is a dominating win for the L&K connection.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Kess73 wrote: »
    That's easy.

Mikey Dolenz and Koth VS LZ5by5 and Kess73 :D

Only possible result is a dominating win for the L&K connection.;)

Bring it :cool:

Bring it :cool:

KESS SMASH PUNY HUMAN. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Shade is the deciding factor in this one. Spidey beats Wolverine, but neither Spidey or Vader are a match for Shade.

Shaderine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Right, here's how I see it...

They go toe-to-toe as everyone else is suggesting. It's logical that Spidey goes for Wolverine and the other two go at it.

Spidey takes out Wolverine first. Wolverine just can't land a hit on Spider-man, he's too fast and his Spider senses keep him away from the effects of Wolverine's superior fighting skills and experience. Spider-man attacks from a distance and manages after a few attempts to immobilize Wolvie. He then lands some heavy hits, enough to incapacitate Wolverine.

Meanwhile Vader is trying his best with Shade, but they both have tricks up their sleeves, and Shade's tricks are superior. Vader can't get near him with the aul sabre, Shade is evading him and attacking him with shadows. Spider-man comes along, thinking he can get the drop on Shade. Shade manages to keep both of them busy with his powers.

With both of them busy with Shade, nobody notices Wolverine getting back into the fight sooner than expected. He gets the jump on Vader, claws taking the Sithy boy apart, Spider-man tries to come to the rescue, gets in too close and it's a toss-up between who kills him first, the suddenly too-close-for-comfort Wolverine or the deviously powerful Shade. Focusing on Wolvie, tis Shade that manages to make Spider-man disappear, using powers that no spidey-sense could avoid.

Wolverine und Shade für zeeee vin!

• Advertisement

Wolverade lead 4-2

Advertisement