Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart's Desire Tournament.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Or you could just say "Punisher- MAX" and this argument would be irrelivant :D
    Yeah, it's Punisher-MAX.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yeah, it's Punisher-MAX.

OK:)

Still backing the same team to win though. :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I have decided to extend voting on the current match as I was unable to post one up last night and don't feel like throwing the schedule completely off. Currently Punishment-Gorilla leads 1-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Castle anticipates Green Arrow's arrival. He booby traps a number of positions and tells Gorilla Man what moves to make in order to ensure GA lands on the traps. The plan works to perfection and Green Arrow is made quick work of.

Unfortunately for the Taskmaster he cannot mimic the moves of Gorilla Man and is promptly beaten to a pulp.

Easy win for Franken-Man.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Castle anticipates Green Arrow's arrival. He booby traps a number of positions and tells Gorilla Man what moves to make in order to ensure GA lands on the traps. The plan works to perfection and Green Arrow is made quick work of.

Unfortunately for the Taskmaster he cannot mimic the moves of Gorilla Man and is promptly beaten to a pulp.

Easy win for Punish-Rilla.
    Fixed that 'cause we are using Punisher MAX for this tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Castle may be good at counter-intelligence, but he's not psychic. GA uses his massive wealth and gadgetry to track Castle down, without alerting him. Of course Castle is always ready for something.

GA has Castle located in a warehouse in a largely abandoned dockland district. Electronic surveillance suggests the presence of G-man, so GA asks Taskmaster if he's up to that task. Taskmaster looks forward to the challenge.

GA uses an explosive incendiary arrow to bring the warehouse down. Castle disappears through an underground escape route, but G-Man bursts out of the flaming building, ready for a fight.

Taskmaster appears from the shadows, waiting for G-Man. Taskmaster doesn't need to learn G-Man's moves to begin survive, he already has 100s of amazing martial art skills at hand. He uses skill rather than strength to prevent Gorilla Man from ripping him apart, using Gorilla Man's own strength against him. Soon he has analyzed GM's fighting style and can predict his swings. Taskmaster is now ready to land a killer blow. He ducks and weaves under GM's predicted moves, gets in just close enough to deliver lightning fast blows to pressure points and leaves GM a quivering mass of freaking out nerve endings. With a carefully calculated move, TM crushes GM's windpipe with an accurate kick, leaving GM spasming on the ground and slowly suffocating.

Castle followed his planned escape route, but after none of his booby traps getting sprung, he back tracks a distance and realises he's not being pursued. He then emerges at a mid point, a short distance away from his base. He moves through the shadows and witnesses the end of GM's life. He recognises Taskmaster from one of his dossiers, and though he doesn't remember every detail, he knows what he can do up close. He takes a rifle from his back, aims carefully and with TM against a flaming background, he blows out his knee cap with a hollow point.

Knowing that Taskmaster is now immobilized and less of a threat, Castle moves in closer for some hard won information. "This is going to hurt" Castle says with a smile. Castle is closing in on Taskmaster. He's standing in the clearing, flaming warehouse in the background, gun pointing at Taskmaster as TM tries to drag himself to safety. Gun pointed at TM, Castle blows out the other knee cap, and points the gun at TM's shoulder "tell me who sent you! This won't end fast."

Castle goes to pull the Trigger and blow a hole in TM's shoulder, but before he can a arrow bursts through his chest. Castle looks down, gurgles and dies. GA puts TM over his shoulder and carries him to a waiting transport to a private medical facility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Taskmaster and Green Arrow meet up with Punisher and Gorilla Man at the end of a dark and lonely pier. Taskmaster and Green Arrow slowly advance wary of traps and explosions from the Punisher. Taskmaster is also more wary due to the fact he is deathly afraid of falling into the Pacific waters and drowning.
    Green Arrow fires his arrows but not to kill, Gorilla Man rushes forward, Taskmaster uses super speed briefly to combat the rush of the mountain ape, but is quickly exhausted and tossed, hurting into the water. Punisher's kevlar wear deflects the arrows of Green Arrow and that struggle becomes one of hand to hand combat with Punisher taking the upper hand. G A finds himself in the water alongside his companion.
    Punisher and Gorilla Man Win.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

LZ5by5 wrote: »

have yo agree with that.

Those lads would take some beaten.

Punish-Rilla take this one. Next fight on the way, here comes Romania.

BATTLE 12

BANE & BLACK KNIGHT
    bane.jpgblackknight.jpg

VS
    BLACK WIDOW & SELENE
    blackwidow060606.jpg235px-Selene_(Underworld).jpg

P1000133.JPG

Dane Whitman has come to Romania searching for a way of removing the curse form his Ebony Blade. he has recruited bane to watch him and if necessary stop him before he falls under the curse's control. Unknown to them others have an interest in each of them. Selene wishes to claim the Ebony Blade for herself, and The Widow has been sent to capture Bane and bring him in for trial.
    NOTE THIS PLEASE:
    Black Knight is not currently the Pendragon for this match. He is not linked to Sersi by the gann josin bond either. His only weapon is the Ebony Blade. Yes Bane has Venom

• Advertisement

Fffft the bloody Black Knight :rolleyes:

Well may as well work with what we have. The Black Knight taken as his early version without any enhancements along with Bane against Selene and the Black Widow whom I assume is allowed all her current enhancements.

The Black Knight in his earlier version was regarded as being able to match Captain America and Wolverine in terms of fighting skills so that puts him on a level above the Black Widow in terms of fighting skills.

Selene is quick, powerful, durable, and deadly.

Bane is hyper intelligent, tactically one of the best on the planet, one of the most skilled fighters on the planet, coupled with being fast and strong, and that is before he even uses venom to massively increase his strength, healing and endurance to superhuman levels.

I just cannot see past the Bane factor in this one, despite the two hotties. He is on a level of intelligence and tactical astuteness that may be above that of even Batman, so I can see neither woman coming close to him on that score. He will figure out Selene's strengths and her weaknesses, and in the Black Knight he has a partner that can at least hold the Black Widow to a stalemate for a period of time to allow him to get on with his own plans.

Even the fact he has the venom tubes on him is not a weakness as he only uses venom as a last resort when he needs superhuman strength or healing, without venom he is still just as deadly, maybe even moreso as he uses his mind more.

I see no advantage to Selene with the battle taking place in Romania as she was not from Romania as a child, nor did she live there after Victor turned her and took her in.

One big factor has to be the stipulation that it is the Black Knight before his sersi link or Pendragon mode. That means he is still in cursed mode and anybody who touches him will have their blood drawn out of them and into the blade, almost making him the vampire of the piece.

Nope gonna stick with my original thoughts on who would win.

Bane-Knight.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

the storyline stipulates Widow is on the hunt for Bane.

I'm seeing adamantium bullets from a couple hundred yards making this a simple and effective win for the widow.

Selene is off acting llike the stereotypical younger vampire "OOOH were all soft and decadent and set in our ways". Then for no reason she jumps off a gargoyle on the top of a building and lands dramatically in a long coat.

Bane to choke both women to death while The Black Knight is off doing his thing. I do feel that Selene and the Widow will have problems working together, I don't think the Widow will be happy to just let Selene take the blade. Also, I can see Selene trying to sidestep Bane and let him have his way with Widow while she goes after TBK. So yeah, I think the lack of teamwork will be their undoing.

Knight-Bane FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Black Widow could take these two Jonathans on her own, even without using a fake Irish passport!

Widow and Selene for an easy win.

I think it's all tied up at 2-2 if DooM was voting for Widow-Selene.

Bane is busy keeping tabs on Black Knight, while Selene lurks in the shadowy
    corners of the castle. She is not really pleased with the pairing of herself with Black Widow. She waits for an opportunity to claim the Ebony Blade for her own. In a surprise attack she attempts that very thing but Black Knight in a reflex action promptly separates her head from her body. Hoping the attack by Selene will be cover for her own attempt, Black Widow uses her agility and marshal art prowess to attack Bane. Bane is surprised but shakes off Widow sending her crashing into the stone wall of the castle, snapping her back in the process.

Win for Bane and Black Knight.

Bane-Knight takes it and moves onward. Next stop, San Francisco

BATTLE 13

MAN-BAT&VENOM
    Manbat2.jpgvenom.jpg

VS

WOLVERINE & SABRETOOTH
    wolverine14.jpg
    sabretooth.jpg

Wolverine has been coerced into working with Sabretooth to retrieve what is believed to be a failed Weapon Plus experiment currently hiding in San Francisco. The creature they are pursuing has found a protector however, and he has very lethal tendencies.

yes, it is the Eddie Brock version of Venom, and Sabretooth has the adamantium skeletal enhancements

Has to be the Wolverine/Sabretooth combo.

Fighting at night is no disadvantage to them, so ManBat's main advantage of being able to fight in the dark is negated.

Manbat is also prone to attacking his own allies the longer he stays in Manbat mode, the stability of the Venom/Manbat team is in doubt, whereas Logan/Creed have a long history of working together and have proven that they can work as a team even when enemies.

Both Wolverine and Sabretooth between them have gone up against Venom a number of times in the past, including the Brock version of Venom, Venom just as the symbiate, and the Mac Gargan version. They have both fared well against Venom who is the stronger and most lethal part of his team.

Manbat just does not come with anything that either mutant has not fought and beaten in the past. Both mutants have faced flyers before, both have faced bestial foes, plus Logan can bring the Muramasa Blade if needed for Venom.

The Adamantium Allies win this one.

Bit of a mismatch unfortunately. I think Wolvie on his own could take out Man-Bat and Venom eventually.

I think Sabretooth being the sadist that he is, combined with his hatred for Wolverone, would sit out the battle initially and let Wolverine struggle with a two-on-one situation. Obviously they wouldn't be able to finish Logan off but they could bring the pain to him.

Eventually Sabretooth joins the battle which allows Wolvie to decapitate Man-bat without the problem of Venom breathing down his neck. Then it's a simple two-on-one.

Sabretooth and Wolverine FTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Manbat has nothing on either Wolverine or Sabretooth and although Venom is a powerhouse, there's not much he can do to the two mutants either.

Team X for me.

God, this is a walkover for Saberine, those two are hell on wheels alone but together the damage they wreak is near unstoppable (literally considering how good their healing factors are).

gee, the Adamantium Allies are ahead 3-0, what a shocker.

gee, the Adamantium Allies are ahead 3-0, what a shocker.

Think it is 4-0 if Doom was voting.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Think it is 4-0 if Doom was voting.
    yeah, it is 4-0. My bad, page cut off DooM's vote.

that page has had it in for me ever since I killed it's wife.

that page has had it in for me ever since I killed it's wife.
    You really need to get this murder impulse under control

Although Man-Bat and Venom are worthy and formidable opponents, I have to agree with everyone else Wolverine and Sabretooth would take the day. Although they might go after each other when their opponents were defeated.
    Wolverine and Sabre win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Deki wrote: »
    Although Man-Bat and Venom are worthy and formidable opponents, I have to agree with everyone else Wolverine and Sabretooth would take the day. Although they might go after each other when their opponents were defeated.
    Wolverine and Sabre win.

Deki ya diplomat!

While I would love to see Venom progress to the next round, Manbat is a douche and they're up against two brawlers that could probably take them solo.

Wolverine Sabretooth with the win. No essay needed.

• Advertisement

Wolverine & Sabretooth advance. next stop NYC

Advertisement