Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart's Desire Tournament.

Options
  • 30-06-2010 2:53am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Gathered from across time and space these competitors have come to fight for the chance to claim their fondest heart's desire. To the victors go the spoils, and for the losers only death.
    Here come the players:
    1. Morbius, The Living Vampire
    2. Max(Dark Angel)
    3. Jack Russell, Werewolf by Night
    4. Bane
    5. Hellboy
    6. Jason Voorhees
    7. Joker
    8. Deadpool
    9. Sabretooth
    10. Wolverine
    11. Booster Gold
    12. Deathstroke
    13. Taskmaster
    14. Darth Vader
    15. Dracula
    16. Crow
    17. Xenomorph
    18. Hawkman
    19. Selene(Underworld)
    20. Black Canary
    21. Cassidy (Preacher)
    22. Solomon Grundy
    23. Vulture
    24. Songbird
    25. The Hood
    26. Rag Doll 2
    27. Moon Knight
    28. Elongated Man
    29. Amadeus Cho
    30. Black Widow
    31. Animal Man
    32. Swamp Thing
    33. Beast
    34. Etrigan
    35. Black Panther
    36. Man-Bat
    37. Prometheus
    38. Scarecrow
    39. Mysterio
    40. Zauriel
    41. Vandal Savage
    42. Black Knight
    43. Spider-Man
    44. Green Goblin
    45. Venom(Eddie Brock)
    46. Daredevil
    47. Ghost Rider
    48. Brother Voodoo
    49. Angel
    50. Spike
    51. Buffy
    52. Spider-Girl
    53. Poison Ivy
    54. Green Arrow
    55. Winter Soldier
    56. Jenny Sparks
    57. Jonah Hex
    58. Jessica Jones
    59. Batman
    60. Gorilla-Man(Ken Hale)
    61. Punisher
    62. Blade
    63. The Shade
    64. Predator
    This a tag-team tournament. First to six wins and advances. Final four teams will then engage in singles competition to determine the final winner. Time limit is twenty four hours on each match, ties will be decided by randomly selected voter.BTW teams will change for each round.
    Please give a reason for your vote.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

ROUND 1

BATTLE 1
    ELONGATED MAN
    elongated-man.jpg
    &

JASON VOORHEES
    baddie-brawl-jason-voorhees-vs-leatherface-20071009032549051-000.jpg

VS.

VULTURE
    250px-519px-Vulture.jpg

&

MYSTERIO
    mysterio.gif

Ralph Dibny has been returned to life with his new partner a deranged monster. They are deposited on Crystal Lake's shore to face their first opponents. Toomes and beck each desire a cure for the diseases that have ruined their lives. Who will leave the lake alive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I think Mysterio and Vulture have this one, Mysterio will make Jason hallucinate about his dear old mommy while making Ralph hallucinate about the dead Sue. The Vulture swoops in for the decapitation of both while distracted. Mysterio-Vulture FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

im goin with voorhees and elongated man,
    Voorhees cant die hell just keep coming, elongated man could strectch and grab them while jason butchers them.

Plus they got the homeside advantage.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ralph's too clever for either of them and despite a strength advantage, Jason's too viscous.

Longhockey for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mysterio and Vulture for me. Mysterio makes Jason see the elongated man as the enemy. Jason chops Ralph into spagetti.

Then Mysterio makes Jason see the Vulture as mommy dearest. Jason wanders over for a hug, Vulture slices his head off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Wow, will have to read up on characters, brb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Mysterio and Vulture have teamed numerous times before as part of the Sinister Six whereas Elongated Man and Jason will likely be at odds with each other.

Jason has also proven to be fairly stupid at times so I think he'd be easily confused by Mysterio.

Vulture & Mysterio get my vote.

Jason and the long fellow for the win, they just seem to have more aggression and flexibility. A winning combination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

On first look the pairs seem fairly evenly matched. Elongated Man has power of flexibility, is intelligent and his partner Jason is a flat out killing machine.
    The Vulture depends on electromagnetic harness for power of flight and super strength. Mysterio very intelligent master of illusion. I believe Crystal Lake location gives Jason a real advantage,he surely feels at home here.

So... Vulture attacks Elongated Man, in an effort to get him quickly out of the way. Elongated Man in desperation flattens and tweaks those elasticy fingers to dig into the workings of the harness. As the Vulture flies above the lake in search of a rocky outcropping to slam Elongated Man into, his harness malfunctions due to those adaptable digits and they begin to fall...
    Mean time Mysterio has lured Jason into the waters. He uses illusion to convince Jason he is once again drowning, unfortunately for Mysterio, Jason takes the illusionist down with him. Jason, cold and super strong, drags him to his death beneath the cold waters of Crystal Lake.

The harness malfunction strips The Vulture of his powers and the old man and his opponent hit the lake's surface with a big Splash!
    Fighting the cold water the Vulture finds himself in the embrace of Jason who pulls him deeper, ever downward.
    Once again the scene is calm as the waters close above the struggle.
    Jason emerges, victorious, to stand beside Elongated Man, who, still shivering, has dragged himself to shore.

Jason and Elongated Man win.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Elongated Man-Voorhees stretch for a 4-3 lead.

• Advertisement

Longhockey win due to time expiry. Next match coming up shortly.

With the rest of her team unavailable jenny Sparks has hired Deadpool to assist her in tracking a deranged killer haunting the streets of Paris. Meanwhile Peter Parker has arrived here as well for a photography assignment, he is contacted by Doctor Strange who requests he assist Jack in his search for the same killer. Near the Eifel Tower the two teams spy each other. Deadpool being himself charges at the werewolf yelling,
    "Come here Lassie, I gotta bone to pick with you!" Spidey comes in on Russell's side while Sparks moves to aid her temporary teammate who keeps asking when he becomes an official member of The Authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Oh good match-up! Deadpool has his healing lark, Russel has his, Sparks can kill if you get close enough to touch her, but Spiderman is an agile mo'fo.

But then... Deadpool is Deadpool.

Russel goes straight for Deadpool, leaving Spidey to smart talk Sparks. Not wanting to hurt the lady, Spidey jumps about for a bit and webs her out of action. While that's going on Deadpool has unloaded numerous clips of ammo into Russel, who, despite missing chunks of flesh, keeps coming. He's quick and viscous but Deadpool is a top flight assassin. Side step, slice n dice with two swords, Russell is suddenly minus an arm and a leg, falls on the ground in a ball of fury, Deadpool throws in another clip and peppers the werewolf's brain with a clip of hollow points. There's not much left apart from a furry mush, and jobs done without any silver.

Spidey and Deadpool then get into a banter-off. Spidey is obviously upset at the death of Jack, so isn't at his most humour-filled. Deadpool is just all about the killing. Meanwhile Jenny Sparks is just useless, having no conductor to do her electricity thang (I picked that up right yeah?)
    Spider-man has his super strength and agility going on, but Deadpool has an array of interesting toys. Spidey tries to get his web on, and is successful at gumming up a sub-machine gun or two, but eventually his spider senses go tingly when a throwing blade is thrown at him, followed by a fair few bullets. Spidey decides he has to close down the distance and get's up close and personal. The punches he lands solid, but Deadpool just takes it and comes back, dodging as he goes. Sword pops out of Spidey's back, entering through his stomach, and while Parker is looking down at the black handle, a second blade chops his pretty Spider head off.

Deadpool has had the craic and walks off leaving Jenny to squiggle in her biggles.

I think Spidey realistically would trounce either Jenny or Pool on their own.

He's psychic- people forget that. He reacts to attacks before they are made.

He developed his own fighting style which he uses to delibrately confuse opponents.

He is a scientist of such intelligence Tony Stark would occasionally defer to him on science matters in their time in the Avengers.

He is strong enough to hoist a rail car above his head if sufficiently enraged, and can heal bullet wounds in a matter of days, although not as fast as Deadpool.

However I don't think Russell would last long against the 'pool and Spidey wouldn't be quite so free to maneuver against 2 enemies.

Will have to think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

As much as I enjoy Deadpool as a character, he's not on Wolverines level and Wolvie has openly admitted that he has nothing on Spidey.

Spider-Man and the Wolf Man

I'm going to work from the scenario that no-one actually has to die here, rather you just have to incapacitate your opponent allowing you to walk away victorious.

As chopper said, Wolverine even admits he doesn't have what it takes to take down Spidey so I think Spidey's agility or foresight will help him take down Deadpool.

As for Russell and Sparks, the werewolf to take her down while she's trying to muster electricity from somewhere. :pac:

Spider-Jack FTW

Ok, I'm convinced, werespider ftw.

3-1 for Wolf-Spider

make that 4-1 to the Spider Wolf, them boys be packing a serious punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Spidey and Russell for me too.

Deadpool and Russell would be a humdinger of a fight, but Jenny Sparks would be the weak link. With a world wide recession in place her mood could be borderline suicidal like it was during the great depression, which would leave her wide open to getting taken out early doors.

Leaving Deadpool to contend with Russell and Spidey.

A few twipps later it is all over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Have to agree that Jenny would be nearly ineffectual in this battle.
    Believe Spiderman takes Deadpool although this would be the most even match, Unless someone has some silver Jack's still in. So think this goes to Spiderman and Jack Russell.

Wolf-Spider dominate their opponents and move on to round 2. next battle up shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Apparently Jenny Sparks can kill on contact by removing the electricity from a persons body. I still reckon she'll be hugely ineffective, but... who is she anyways, what a random character. :pac:

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Apparently Jenny Sparks can kill on contact by removing the electricity from a persons body. I still reckon she'll be hugely ineffective, but... who is she anyways, what a random character. :pac:
    She died killing 'God'.

BATTLE 3

PROMETHEUS & BATMAN
    200px-Prometheus_01.jpg 200px-Batman_002.jpg

VS

HELLBOY & DARTH VADER

hellboy-thumb.jpg
    darth_vader.jpg

stonehenge2.jpg
    Hellboy has been sent by the B.P.R.D. to bury an ancient artifact within Stonehenge. As he arrives however he spots two masked figures who are obviously looking for trouble. He then uses the artifact to summon "a dark warrior in who burns a heart of light."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 xBadWolfx

Im thinking definately hellboy-vader :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hmmm ... a longhorn cousin and a guy with a big red shimmering sword ... has to be Hellboy and DV ofc!! :pac:

Hellboy-Vader jump out too an early 2-0 lead.:eek:

Hellboy and Vader for me too, only because I think Batman is a bit ghey.

• Advertisement

I think Batman is a bit ghey.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I can see Batman doing a detailed dossier on Vader and Hellboy, giving Prometheus all of the information he needs to hit Vader and Hellboy where it hurts.

That being said, I don't how I can look past the force as a deciding factor in this battle, Bats and prometheus just have no way of counteracting Vader there. What can ya do if you are being choked to death from a distance?

Vader and Hellboy FTW. :(

Advertisement