Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,116 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

seligehgit wrote: »
    Aysha was very weak.

A lamb. Living off winging it in Week 1, that she even admitted to in the boardroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Nice one Lord Sugar.

Well played taking the indecision out of Scarlett's hands.

No great surprise.

My god I thought he was going to go all No Country for Old Men on them there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Still Ill

A lamb. Living off winging it in Week 1, that she even admitted to in the boardroom.

Did she not project manage her team to over a million in sales the other week though?

• Advertisement

Still Ill wrote: »
    Did she not project manage her team to over a million in sales the other week though?

She did and impressed me on the same task but outside that IMO she hide in the background quite a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Just not vocal enough, was a lamb to the slaughter in the boardroom.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 19,216 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

They kept saying it was a record breaking amount of loops (15). But they said earlier that 14 was the max in the *UK*?

Why didn't Lottie defend herself against thomas by saying the PM insisted on a rocket?

Why wasn't thomas brought in - the whole idea was his? 75% of it was his

Ryan Mark with a couple of innuendo remarks towards Lewis, but if it was a straight man doing the same towards one of the women, there would be a furore.

Ryan Mark with a couple of innuendo remarks towards Lewis, but if it was a straight man doing the same towards one of the women, there would be a furore.

Missed that??

Have it recorded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,563 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Lottie is insufferable. Cant see her going the whole way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Bad decision tonight you can see they are keeping in those who will get the ratings up. Lottie is not someone he can do business with as she is way to divisive.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Very impressed with Thomas this week.

Ryan Mark and his partner in crime performed very poor.

Shocked with the verdict although the originality of the ride in reverse won it for them.

Yeah I thought the Final Loop was much better than the other rollercoaster and was surprised at the result. Their poster and presentation was a lot better too.

The sparring between Thomas and Lottie was good craic. She only put her foot down to be seen to be doing something, not because it was right and she was proven wrong in the boardroom. She is too po-faced to handle his personality and got shown up tonight.

Watched 10 minutes of You're Fired and then switched off, awful stuff, it really has gone downhill.

I'm all for different task ideas, but designing a roller coaster was pure ****e.

Crazy that's she's only 19. When I was that age I spent most of the time either drunk or hungover. I can see her going far in this competition.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 19,216 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Crazy that's she's only 19. When I was that age I spent most of the time either drunk or hungover. I can see her going far in this competition.

i genuinely don't like her. I think she is too abrasive and frankly, too big for her boots. However, she was spot on about oul Tommy, me ould geezer. He would have been happy to do that task all by himself which is not the aim of the process.

She did allow him leeway - 75% sounded about right. She even complimented him for various ideas. However, when she wanted to do one thing, a thing her captain told her to do, he flipped out like a little toddler having a tantrum.

She is academically clever, and has good business acumen. She is just immature. When she learns how to interact with people better, she will be a very good business person.

everlast75 wrote: »
    i genuinely don't like her. I think she is too abrasive and frankly, too big for her boots. However, she was spot on about oul Tommy, me ould geezer. He would have been happy to do that task all by himself which is not the aim of the process.

She did allow him leeway - 75% sounded about right. She even complimented him for various ideas. However, when she wanted to do one thing, a thing her captain told her to do, he flipped out like a little toddler having a tantrum.

She is academically clever, and has good business acumen. She is just immature. When she learns how to interact with people better, she will be a very good business person.

Completely agree. Tommy is very likeable - until you see him have a tantrum like last night and then you lose all respect for him.

I'm sorry, I have to call shenanigans on the so called experts judgement that they both went with the other teams brand.

We all know these tasks are about creating a brand, not an actual roller coaster , and the final loop branding was spot on. I'm pretty sure they didnt put the record breaking number of loops etc because that would need to be independently verified, and a lie on the poster would be an instant failure. The branding of the other team was allover the place. Insomnia, dreams, nightmares with an alien hand and the eye looked like a sideways 'H' to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Shocked with the verdict although the originality of the ride in reverse won it for them.

But it has been done before...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Jones_et_le_Temple_du_P%C3%A9ril#Backwards

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If you look at the crowd reactions when using the rollercoasters, the crowd looked way more excited in the nightmate one, the effects worked better and got a much better reception.

The loop one, the crowd were being thrown all over the place, it looked fairly uncomfortable so not too surprised with the result.

The nightmare one looked **** but had probably better potential

siblers wrote: »
    If you look at the crowd reactions when using the rollercoasters, the crowd looked way more excited in the nightmate one, the effects worked better and got a much better reception.

The loop one, the crowd were being thrown all over the place, it looked fairly uncomfortable so not too surprised with the result.

The loop one looked **** but had probably better potential

They had a guy on You're Fired suggesting that so many loops and their world record speed would actually be a death trap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,563 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Most of the winners in recent years have been generally likeable people. The candidates in each year who were disliked or deeply unpopular always fall short.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭LordBasil

Most of the winners in recent years have been generally likeable people. The candidates in each year who were disliked or deeply unpopular always fall short.

I don't agree with that. I remember that Australian Guy who won a few years ago (I think his name Mark Wright, not to be confused with the TOWIE star) was quite arrogant and unlikeable at least imo.

LordBasil wrote: »
    I don't agree with that. I remember that Australian Guy who won a few years ago (I think his name Mark Wright, not to be confused with the TOWIE star) was quite arrogant and unlikeable at least imo.

You might not have liked him but he got on with most of the contestants and was quite popular.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

The nightmare one looked **** but had probably better potential

Well thats partly while I'm calling shenanigans. Its not about designing a roller coaster its about creating a brand, and the brand of the Final Loop looked way better.
    it looked fairly uncomfortable so not too surprised with the result.

Roller coasters aren't meant to be comfortable. People are going for the adrenaline rush. The speed, the sensations and the next best thing. There is a roller coaster in the UK with 14 loops, and there are people who would want to go on the one with 15.

Concern was raised by the "expert" that 0-60 in just over a second would be dangerous, but theres one in Ohio that gets 0-190kph(so 114 miles an hour) in just under 4 seconds.

It really feels to me, that they were going to fail that task no-matter what.
    They had a guy on You're Fired suggesting that so many loops and their world record speed would actually be a death trap.

Well I've given up on You're Fired. And this is an example of why. Don't bring on a physicist to talk about a brand task, bring on a brand expert. Also, is that fact, or did he do it to get a laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Well thats partly while I'm calling shenanigans. Its not about designing a roller coaster its about creating a brand, and the brand of the Final Loop looked way better.

Roller coasters aren't meant to be comfortable. People are going for the adrenaline rush. The speed, the sensations and the next best thing. There is a roller coaster in the UK with 14 loops, and there are people who would want to go on the one with 15.

Concern was raised by the "expert" that 0-60 in just over a second would be dangerous, but theres one in Ohio that gets 0-190kph(so 114 miles an hour) in just under 4 seconds.

It really feels to me, that they were going to fail that task no-matter what.

Well I've given up on You're Fired. And this is an example of why. Don't bring on a physicist to talk about a brand task, bring on a brand expert. Also, is that fact, or did he do it to get a laugh?

They got more of an adrenaline rush from the nightmare one due to the use of spray etc, the loop one had the riders being thrown all over the place, their glasses kept falling off which made the experience a bit rubbish. I didn't get the impression thar many of the crowd enjoyed the experience , whereas most did seem to enjoy the nightmare one

As for the brand, there was probably more potential with the nightmare one with the reverse drop

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Whatever about some candidates probably being kept in for increased viewership, I'm enjoying this year's series overall. It's much better than the last two I think. I don't think there's any obvious frontrunner yet, Thomas is a clown but he does seem to have a bit of substance to him. Lottie does seem quite astute but this "I'm not here to make friends blah blah" attitude is a bit tiresome. Still though, she is only 19 so plenty of time to grow up.

Are herself and Lewis still hooking up or has that ended in tears?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 16,411 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Are herself and Lewis still hooking up or has that ended in tears?

Going by the spat they had on Twitter last week I think that ship has sailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,411 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Tom is beginning to annoy me a bit now, he came up with good ideas last night but going off on a rant because he didn't get his own way on everything was a bit much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,673 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The award for the most atrocious joke of all time goes to Lord Sugar and he's had a few candidates.

Asteroids aren't those what you get for sitting around too long!
    His scripted jokes are awful. If he's not naturally funny, he shouldn't try so hard.
    They got more of an adrenaline rush from the nightmare one due to the use of spray etc, the loop one had the riders being thrown all over the place, their glasses kept falling off which made the experience a bit rubbish. I didn't get the impression thar many of the crowd enjoyed the experience , whereas most did seem to enjoy the nightmare one

As for the brand, there was probably more potential with the nightmare one with the reverse drop

I don't know anything about the technology, but I find it very hard to believe that they went from a 3D design on screen to a live experience in the 4D auditorium overnight. It's got to take longer than that, even just to test for safety if nothing else.

Lewis might disagree with you.

Advertisement