Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football investments for 2006/7 season

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

westtip wrote:
    Take the 1.30 with Corals for AEK Athens this price will go €50 to win. 1.25 with couple of the mainstream bookies (Laddies for one) on Gretna looks good - You might get 1.26 or 1.27 on the xchgs, AZ Alkmar in NLs at 1.2 (skybet and one or two others), all €50 to win. but move on the 1.30 on AEK quickly this price will go.

Well I cannont work out Gretna's form this year last week winning 6-0 away from home this week losing 2-0 at home, AEK went 1-0 down but turned it round in the second half with 3 goals, as I write on Saturday -.70 of a point (-35 euro), with AZ to play tomorrow, also adding tomorrow AC Milan to beat Siena at 1.22 wth Bet365 with the same bookie Fenerbache to beat Bursapor at 1.22.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Tried 3 "odds-on" accas this weekend. The first was a [small stake] 13 teamer so that's best left out.

Sligo Rovers let me down for a small stake 4 timer in which Juve, Lyon, and Linfield all obliged, and that would have more than made up for the account deposit for both.

Today I tried another 4 timer; Milan (Siena!) and Real Madrid [derby game; was far from a given thing, but I thought the price was fair] let me down.

My lesson; stick to the big win-or-bust singles; accas are for mugs and casual punters. If you're a serious punter, accas are a one-way trip to the poorhouse [relatively speaking - I mean, you'll make it back on your singles, but what's the point?]. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Tonight I've got:

Triestina / Mantova
    Sporting Lisbon / U. Leiria
    Watford / Fulham
    Sporting Braga / Porto

€10 returns €806 (I know, I know - small stakes :().
    All reasonable estimates, so fingers crossed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

Well there is little doubt about it I got completely slaughtered last weekend, and have kept off this thread for a few days licking my wounds. To have a loser followed by one winner and then three losers on the spin - 4/5 losers is to say the least pretty dire, at the kind of prices and matches I normally select. What I can say in the five years I have been seriously betting in this way this kind of hit has only happened once before. Yes it hurts. But hey it happens. It reminds me of one of the most basic needs for betting - always have enough in your tank to weather the storm; for my kind of betting I generally work on a 16 point bank, and have never in five years fallen below a 10 point holding (ie six points down) in the bank. At level stakes I have made about 65 points profit (but of course this gets spent in the course of life)

Still it did hurt last weekend. Nevertheless we soldier on. This weekend I think England should see off Macedonia 1.10 at Willhill is acceptable, and 1.28 for Denmark v Northern Ireland (who stung me with that win over Spain- which I still see as a one off freak result) with willhill is ok. both €50 to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Alright westtip mate.

Cork and shelbourne are worth a punt tonight. You'l get evens for the double

• Advertisement
Advertisement