Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator: Dark Fate **Spoilers from post 983**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

TBH I thought it was very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

As someone said above they need strip things back ala T1 and stop trying to remake T2 on steroids. Logan and Joker have proved you can get critical kudos and box office by focusing on characters instead of trying to fit in a set piece every 15 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Currently watching the original film to cleanse my soul of the latest filth.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

As someone said above they need strip things back ala T1 and stop trying to remake T2 on steroids. [bold]Logan[/bold] and Joker have proved you can get critical kudos and box office by focusing on characters instead of trying to fit in a set piece every 15 mins.

Logan has been one of the most unexpectedly great movies of the least couple of years for me me, done completely right, there was so much in that movie that wasn't in the trailer, and was completely independent of any other movies.

I would like if there was more like this.
    "That's just my two cents..."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Interesting enough take on it, among the points that the Dyson family should have been in this movie given their role in T2

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

There was that security guard (or police officer of something) who showed up at one point. Seemed to know Sarah and was willing to help her.

Was he somebody? I was expecting a reveal that he was Danny Dyson but don't think that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

silverharp wrote: »
    Interesting enough take on it, among the points that the Dyson family should have been in this movie given their role in T2

Wow, she is annoying! But does make some good points.

py2006 wrote: »
    Wow, she is annoying! But does make some good points.

She isn't my favourite reviewer and she does get slammed for some of her takes but yeah , she did frame this one quite well

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Some good calls by Grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

An interesting history of the Terminator franchise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭ISOP

I liked it, for what it is. Mindless rubbish, I mean its not exactly Hamlet we are going to see

ISOP wrote: »
    its not exactly Hamlet we are going to see
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Anyone notice the music playing at the lads bbq when the terminator dropped out of the sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Was the whole Mexican setting justified by Sarah Connor having a safehouse their from her previous exploits but really just a lazy excuse to get the considerable latino audience dollar?

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Anyone notice the music playing at the lads bbq when the terminator dropped out of the sky?

I did! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Goodshape wrote: »
    There was that security guard (or police officer of something) who showed up at one point. Seemed to know Sarah and was willing to help her.

Was he somebody? I was expecting a reveal that he was Danny Dyson but don't think that happened.

We never really find out more about him, he's kind of like Enrique in T2.

I think the implication is that while Sarah is a terrorist, military intelligence (or at least one of them) know something about the weird machines that keep popping up.

Either that or she's got some leverage on him, he helps her, but doesn't seem to like her at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,862 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Major Dean IIRC.

Mentioned off camera as someone she knew, shows his arrival, even a small pan reveal as he gets out of the vehicle, back'n'forth with Sarah, appears with the predictably-unuseful macguffin......before handily buggerring off.

Smacks of a missing scene, maybe a deleted scene for the home release, some might say........but I'd argue they're being way too kind.......dreadful nonsensical filler to move on the predictable plot would be more accurate IMO, especially given the lamentable quality of proceedings up to and after.

Spent a few mins looking for some mention of the character in other sources, as a slight nod to something, but nothing. Like most, I immediately thought it'd be the young Dyson, grown up and irregularly in contact with Sarah.

There are chunks of unexplained throughout.

Rewriting timelines, the paradoxes brought up in T2 and T3 and time travel in other TV and films had me thinking they've a longer storyline and sequels already in mind.

I imagine the other potential sequels (bar T3 which seemed to be attempting to round it out) had a similar idea. I remember seeing articles about the cost of buying the Terminator franchise to develop it and was left with the feeling that execs probably were unlikely to think that just one film would be worth it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

I don't know. I just... had fun watching the film. Well, most of it anyway. Why do some people have to keep digging for some nefarious political agenda?

Why do filmmakers have to use what should be just a fun action film to push their divisive political agenda ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,935 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

high_king wrote: »
    Why do filmmakers have to use what should be just a fun action film to push their divisive political agenda ?

They didn't.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

They didn't.

Just because you claim to be oblivious or pretend to be, doesn't mean they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

ISOP wrote: »
    I liked it, for what it is. Mindless rubbish, I mean its not exactly Hamlet we are going to see

e10613e741709bbf95baad2540d9fa95.jpg

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,935 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Just because you claim to be oblivious or pretend to be, doesn't mean they didn't.

Ditto for your brand of paranoia.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Ditto for your brand of paranoia.

Trying personal attacks and mental health slurs now are we ? my the mask drops quickly.

I've just seen that this is a "new" account so I'm not going to waste any more of my time on this nonsense.

and more personal slurs / insinuations to prove the point, cheers.

If you think there is an issue with the account report it instead of trying to hide behind unfounded accusations in thread.

Trying personal attacks and mental health slurs now are we ? my the mask drops quickly.

Look, if you want to pretend to be a victim then go for it. I'm not wasting any more of my time on this.

H. H. Asquith

Look, if you want to pretend to be a victim then go for it. I'm not wasting any more of my time on this.

Where did anyone say they were a victim ? Why are you attempting to dishonestly represent what was actually posted ?

Don't like it when someone stands up to false claims do you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Brilliant Movie, 10/10.

Same CinemaScore from the Audiences that went to see it as the Audience who went to see Joker:
    https://twitter.com/CinemaScore/status/1190661033699889152

• Advertisement

well its bombing so at least there is that

https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1190660607588126726

Advertisement