Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Only one page for me! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Posy wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of It's a Wonderful Life at all. I find it really really boring. :o

Noooooooo! It's a Wonderful Life is just magical.
    It is just so wonderful.

I saw it as a teenager and wasn't that impressed. But I saw it again a few years ago and it really struck a chord with me.

It has this line in it and just makes me cry.

"Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?"

Posy, maybe you saw it at the wrong time in your life?

I just find it so life-affirming.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, please definitely see it.

P.S. Christmas is trending on Twitter right now!!!

P.P.S. Listened to a couple of Christmas songs last week. Really miss it now.

I'll watch it again next Christmas and report back! ;):D

Don't know what my mother is playing at, but when someone rang her last night, her ringtone was "War Is Over" :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

P.S. Christmas is trending on Twitter right now!!!

P.P.S. Listened to a couple of Christmas songs last week. Really miss it now.

I know what you mean Milli, I was looking out the window on Saturday at the snow and was thinking about how much I was missing it. No other holiday comes close to comparing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I recently bought Christmas pyjamas... I'm wearing them right now, they have reindeer on them...

We had to pop into a "shopping center" in a Galway town a while ago. In the hall area, you'll never guess what was blaring - Fairytale of New York!!! Made me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Mindfulness

Well it's snowing right now so I feel Christmassy right now :)
    I know it's not a great post OP but I love the closing credits from Die Hard with this song: it's real Christmassy -

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=NttVyYTXZRU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNttVyYTXZRU&gl=GB
    I don't even have to look at that video to know what it is :)
    Miss Chirstmas, Wish i was still 7 at christmas not 17 back whe n it was so much better. Miss it all the same. Roll on Christmas 2013
    Wait until you're 37!!
    Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    The above is for you milli milli! DH is beyond disgusted that I have never watched Its A Wonderful Life. Maybe this year ;)
    I'm not a fan of It's a Wonderful Life at all. I find it really really boring. :o
    Noooooooo! It's a Wonderful Life is just magical.
    It is just so wonderful.

I saw it as a teenager and wasn't that impressed. But I saw it again a few years ago and it really struck a chord with me.
    I love that film, it's so powerful and never fails to get me.

So, thankfully, my almost three year old) daughter is really into music and LOVES Christmas tunes. so today I was dancing in my living room with her to this:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yep all the snow outside (in march!?!) makes it feel all Christmassy!

9 more months to the build up :P

lockie1983 wrote: »

I'm counting 7 months, cos things start appearing in shops in October!!

On Paddy's Day (of all days) went to Mum & Dad's for dinner and decided to watch a film I had taped on their Sky box.
    It was from Christmas 2011 and was called Lost Christmas. Great film, starring Eddie Izzard. Has anyone seen it?

It was cool watching something Christmassy and it nearly Easter!

• Advertisement

Oooh, that looks good. I'll have to check it out- I love Eddie Izzard! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭washiskin

That looks really good! I would love to see Eddie Izzard do Scrooge.

Did anyone here go to see Tommy Steele in Scrooge in The Grand Canal Theatre a few years ago?

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Yep all the snow outside (in march!?!) makes it feel all Christmassy!

Yea the snow was cute and all but it can stop now!!!

Oooh, that looks good. I'll have to check it out- I love Eddie Izzard! :)
    That looks really good! I would love to see Eddie Izzard do Scrooge.

Yeah it's really good. Hope ye get to see it. Eddie Izzard is really good in it.

I came on here today because I was thinking of Christmas. So I watched the Shaky video that was posted. I love that song.

Has anyone ever seen that US actor that is the spitting image of Shaky? He was always in those made-for-TV movies?

I miss Christmas :(

Oh my God, he's the image of him! :eek:

I also miss Christmas milli :(

washiskin wrote: »

Thank you!
    Yeah he's the spitting image of him allright! Didn't know his name.
    Did u know shaky has a website?
    He's touring aswell!!

I'm always late making Christmas crafts - I always leave it til the last minute and don't get them done. So I'm going to start now.
    I'm going to knit some Scandinavian reindeer cushions! I'll post pics when I find a pattern.

Only 8 months to December - this year is flying by.

I'm always late making Christmas crafts - I always leave it til the last minute and don't get them done. So I'm going to start now.
    I'm going to knit some Scandinavian reindeer cushions! I'll post pics when I find a pattern.

Just in case you don't find a pattern Milli, would you consider Swiss Embroidery?
    http://www.studioknits.com/bookpage55.htm

Just in case you don't find a pattern Milli, would you consider Swiss Embroidery?
    http://www.studioknits.com/bookpage55.htm

Oh that would make things so easy!
    Thank you washiskin!
    I could find red cushions and just do the reindeer designs on them!!

• Advertisement

Been seeing this ad on TV. It's a Christmas song!! ;)

Originally sung by Jackie DeShannon in 1969, but this is the version I heard first from Annie Lennox and Al Green from Scrooged. Love it!

I flipping love Scrooged! Bill Murray at his best!

I was looking for somewhere to do a U'ey in Slane earlier and spotted someone with Christmas lights still lit on their lawn! Now I'm sure they'd say it's an ornamental year round feature, but to me.......:rolleyes:

BTW, by U'ey I mean u-turn not anything ....er....unseamly...heh heh *morto

There was a Christmas night out last weekend here for charity. My cousin was at it and lets just say overindulged. He was so sick that he has sworn off the beer for a while. Hes justifying it by saying it the month of Jan now anyway as it was Christmas last weekend. The fool :D

:eek::eek::eek: Lockie?????

<<<<<<<<<<<<< What happened to Cartman??? :eek::eek:

:eek::eek::eek: Lockie?????

<<<<<<<<<<<<< What happened to Cartman??? :eek::eek:

It was Kenny :P

I fancied a change so I replaced it with a custom avatar. It's my family crest. It'll take a bit of getting use to or I might convert back! Haha!

Loughc wrote: »
    It was Kenny :P

I fancied a change so I replaced it with a custom avatar. It's my family crest. It'll take a bit of getting use to or I might convert back! Haha!

And it feels even weirder now that I've changed my username! Haha!

How do you pronounce it now? Is it like 'Lock-C'?

How do you pronounce it now? Is it like 'Lock-C'?

Yea that's it :) I just wanted to get rid of the 1983 off my username. But lockie was taken so I changed it up a little to incorporate my first name initial :)

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Yea that's it :) I just wanted to get rid of the 1983 off my username. But lockie was taken so I changed it up a little to incorporate my first name initial :)

First name, which we know from this thread, is Claus ;);) x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement