Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong winds / Heavy Rain Tues 27 and Storm Diana Weds 28 Nov. 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Gusting 53kts in Cork Airport at 9:30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Winds are starting to pick up now in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Does anyone know how that poster got on with their driving test this morning? ;):)
    Hopefully they breezed through it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Does anyone know when the rain will clear Galway ? With these high winds the radar is only giving an hour or so of prediction.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Gust of 53KT recorded at Waterford Airport in the last hour. Max of 38KT at my station in Waterford City

www.waterfordweather.com
    www.waterford-weather.com

• Advertisement

Gust of 53KT recorded at Waterford Airport in the last hour. Max of 38KT at my station in Waterford City

www.waterfordweather.com
    www.waterford-weather.com

What wind speed does it need to go to to be classified as a Red Warning just out of interest?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hearing the gusts against the house now. Watching things blow arlindy garden. Storm force windows and front door really do make you feel cosier!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Does anyone know how that poster got on with their driving test this morning? ;):)

What part of the country was that in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Some very wild gusts in Kildare now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

Strong winds, Horizontal rain .... This storm is lacking the severe gusts ..sustained wind speeds so far ... W Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Grey, mild and calm in Dublin 17. From what I have seen, I'm not expecting Diana to hit us hard here (just have to be mindful of strong gusts when on the motorway).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Not too bad in cork city at the moment anyway. Rain has stopped, the sustained wind isn’t bad and there’s a few strong gusts. Nothing very strong in my area of Bishopstown yet anyway

Edit: gusts are now starting to pick up and become more frequent and stronger, along with the sustained winds increasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

TheTorment wrote: »
    What wind speed does it need to go to to be classified as a Red Warning just out of interest?

https://www.met.ie/weather-warnings

Although they have some leeway with this. IE A higher warning may be wise due to combinations of events, wind direction etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Discodog wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the rain will clear Galway ? With these high winds the radar is only giving an hour or so of prediction.

They promised it bad up until late tonight on GalwayBayFM with the chance of heavy thunderstorms in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Wet and windy here outside Newport, Mayo. Max gust was 63kph and avg 34kph, that's from a Lidl weather station so probably a guide as oppose to an accurate value.
    Rain seems to be the main issue here as winds are typical for a winter's day.
    I have a rare day off so we'll just chill on front of the stove and watch through the window.

Stay safe Graces7, I'd say your getting it a bit worse than us.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Max gust in 1000 reports of 58kts at Roches Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Calltocall

Strong gusts in dub 12, nearly went flying down flight of steps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Back windows rattling here this morning in Tipp. Power gone since 8.15. Some really strong gusts. Dog not impressed and is getting stressed by the noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

Passed without a single fault. The tester was blown away

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Reports on local radio here of roads around Bandon blocked by fallen trees and branches. Also have just lost electricity supply here.

• Advertisement

They promised it bad up until late tonight on GalwayBayFM with the chance of heavy thunderstorms in the evening

Unfortunately GBFM don't have a clue. I wish the radar had a longer range

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

What part of the country was that in?

Someone posted the other day that they are doing their test in Dublin today.
    The start of the usual posts ala "it's bin day in my estate,will I put them out?" craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Wind strenght and gusts still very strong. Light driving rain. Pressure still dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Any snow forecast soon guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭bazlers

torres9kop wrote: »

Nope. Not anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭highdef

torres9kop wrote: »
    Wrong thread for talk of snow. This is about Storm Diana which has never had snow in the forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭highdef

Do you mean that you'd like if the radar covered a greater distance, geographically?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

True.

highdef wrote: »
    Do you mean that you'd like if the radar covered a greater distance, geographically?

Yes. But it looks like the rain is clearing quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Big difference between Casement and Dublin AP. Casement gusting 53kts. Dublin AP gusting 24kts.

Advertisement