Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart's Desire Tournament.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Buffy FTW.

Reason?

She's hawt! :cool:

/end of

>_>
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Nobody noticed I said nothing about restricting Buffy's link to Willow and her powers huh?

Yeah but you clearly have Buffy just attacking GR out of nowhere. He'd end her before she could even call Willow. Besides, I thought we finished all the tag team matches in the last round. This be allll about the man-on-man.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Yeah but you clearly have Buffy just attacking GR out of nowhere. He'd end her before she could even call Willow. Besides, I thought we finished all the tag team matches in the last round. This be allll about the man-on-man.
    her and Willow are always connected now apparently,and it more Buffy borrows power from Willow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Buffy has a lot of stuff going for her. :) I say she wins.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

4-2 in favor of Ghost Rider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

break the bond between him and blaze and free him to pursue Mephisto

Why would Zarathos pursue Mephisto? Anytime Zarathos was in complete control he did not go after Mephisto, he generally unleashed his full power on whatever broke the connection between him and Blaze. Ghost Rider with Blaze in charge was much weaker as Blaze's human mind acted to limit the power output, making GR with Blaze in control a being that was maybe close to Hulk's level of power. That Ghost Rider with Zarathos in charge let all the power loose, and became a being whose power levels could dwarf those of the World War Hulk version of Hulk.

It was the Ketch/Kale Ghost Rider that went into hell, killed Blackheart, and became the undisputed King Of Hell, gaining all the powers that came with that title, not the Johnny Blaze/Zarathos Ghost Rider.

her and Willow are always connected now apparently,and it more Buffy borrows power from Willow.

Well if you want to go down that road, Zarathos is linked to the Fallen in that manner, and when Blaze is in charge, he is linked mystically to some of the Sons Of Midnight.:p

Kess gives me a headache. I always thought Zarathos got trapped in his bond with Blaze by Mephisto.

Kess gives me a headache. I always thought Zarathos got trapped in his bond with Blaze by Mephisto.

He was bonded by Mephisto, but it was as a punishment for Blaze not Zarathos. Mephisto was stopped from getting Blaze's soul, so he bonded him with Zarathos. Then when Zarathos regained his full memories, he tormented Blaze as they were sharing the one body and mind.

Zarathos had a few issues with Mephisto, as rival demons do :), but they have been allies as often as they have been enemies. The main enemy for a standalone Zarathos was Centurious.

And the only time that Zarathos went after somebody when Blaze was out cold was when he wentr after Centurious, but he only did that once.

It was the Ketch/Kale Ghost Rider that took the fight the Hell in a big way in comparison.

Well Ghost Rider wins 4-2. One more fight before we get to the closest match of the round. But first....

BATTLE 3

SHADE
    shade_dc-comics_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

VS

SWAMP THING
    Drawing-Down-the-Moon-Swamp-Thing-Charles-Vess.jpg

dome6.jpg

The Shade seeking a cure for the weakness he has been feeling since the events of Blackest Night has been drawn to the Astrodome.He is unsure of what he will find there when suddenly the lights come on full strength and Swamp Thing rises from the ground.
    "Richard Swift, your very existence is an affront to the natural order. Prepare to face judgement!"

Fight is up until Monday. Take your time on voting

• Advertisement

A genuine Heavyweight fight.

Kess73 wrote: »
    A genuine Heavyweight fight.
    batlle 4 is more a middleweight bout.

Over 24 hours and no votes.

Might as well throw mine in.

The lights are on full and there is equal strong light for 360 degrees around Shade, meaning he has no shadow, and is nore vunerable than normal.

Swampy takes advantage of this and comes in hard, hitting Shade with every bit of force he can muster, staggering Shade and dazing him a little.

Swampy then literally envelopes Shade with his very being. Mud, stone, plants etc all ooze over Shade, covering him completely from head to toe. The goo oozing into his ears, nostrils, mouth, down his throat etc in an attempt to suffocate him.

But covering Shade also means he is in darkness and has shadows to work with again. He pushes a shadow force outwards with massive force that literally tears Swamp thing apart and sends the pieces flying in every direction.

As soon as Shade pulls this move, he is covered in bright light again, and back to being vunerable. But what was covering him is now in thosands of pieces and scattered all over the place. He looks up and prepares to summon demons from the shadow dimension to come and take out the lights, but just as he does he feels a piercing pain from within.

Suddenly he remembers the goo that went into his nose, mouth etc, he opens his mouth to yell, but his body tears apart from the inside before he can utter a word.

Swampy had moved his conciousness to the goo that went inside Shade and simply expanded in size from within.

Swampy is then careful to keep seperate all the still living parts of the Shade and keep them apart, and makes sure that the brain is damaged to prevent the unkillable Shade from mentally accessing his powers.

Swamp Thing for the underdog win against a more powerful foe. :p

To be fair, this is a hard fight to call.

It is a tough one to call. Were it not for the location you used for this fight, I would have had the Shade win easily as he would have been able to exploit one of Swampy's main weaknesses.

You are referencing of course that he does badly in artifical environments. yeah, that's why I tried to make it a balanced location for both.

You are referencing of course that he does badly in artifical environments. yeah, that's why I tried to make it a balanced location for both.

No what I meant was that by putting Shade in a location where he could not access shadows, you prevented him from placing Swampy in total darkness whilst using his ability to meddle with time to make it an extended spell for Swampy whilst only taking seconds in the real world.

Swampy minus light, especially sunlight, puts Swampy in serious trouble.

Of course there is something else that can really damage and potentially stop Swampy, but the Shade does not have that particular power or access to it.:D

Jaysus forgot again. :pac: I really haven't a breeze here so I'm just gonna take Kess' word on this one.

Swamp Thing FTW.

No what I meant was that by putting Shade in a location where he could not access shadows, you prevented him from placing Swampy in total darkness whilst using his ability to meddle with time to make it an extended spell for Swampy whilst only taking seconds in the real world.

Swampy minus light, especially sunlight, puts Swampy in serious trouble.

Of course there is something else that can really damage and potentially stop Swampy, but the Shade does not have that particular power or access to it.:D
    Right , he can't drain his shadow like a certain Simon Culp could.

Right , he can't drain his shadow like a certain Simon Culp could.

Nope was not thinking of Simon Culp as the DC character that gave Swamp Thing a lot of trouble with a certain power in the past, the very same power that a Marvel character left in the competition has.

• Advertisement

I not gonna ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Swamp Thing is intelligent, strong and has control of many things. I liked kess's scenario (this time;)) So sounds good to me.
    Swamp Thing = Win
    :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Methinks Thingius Swampanious would take this one.

Swamp Thing advances. Next fight is, well it's a grown-up version of Twilight....:o:o:o

BATTLE 4

JACK RUSSELL
    moon-knight-werewolf-by-night.jpg
    VS

ANGEL
    1051143198_es2angel14.jpg

AauE6CGiSm8k46qcqOEtgc2ko1_500.jpg

Jack Russell has been drawn to Glasgow in search of his daughter. Unfortunately Angel has also come in pursuit of a demon who is duplicating his path as Angelus across Europe. Upon sighting Angel Russell assumes he is part of the conspiracy that wishes to control him and his offspring. Angel only knows the rather hirsute fellow coming at him looks rather perturbed.

SIZE=6 AHEM!
    RUSSELL IS CAPABLE OF RATIONAL THOUGHT. THIS THE PRE-TWILIGHT ANGEL AS WELL

Are we using the current take on Jack Russell which is him without the ability to think? I ask because the pic you used is from the MoonKnight: God & Country graphic novel, and Jack is incapable of rational thought and goes on instinct alone.

Which version of Jack is used would have a massive bearing.

My own preference is the version where he can think clearly. ;)

Should have asked the same question about Angel really. Is it pre or post Twilight Angel?

Are we using the current take on Jack Russell which is him without the ability to think? I ask because the pic you used is from the MoonKnight: God & Country graphic novel, and Jack is incapable of rational thought and goes on instinct alone.

Which version of Jack is used would have a massive bearing.

My own preference is the version where he can think clearly. ;)
    No, Russell is capable of rational thought. I just liked the picture to be honest. That was a great graphic novel. Pre-Twilight Angel

Have to side with a thinking Jack Russell then.

He has been a vampire killer most of his life and has gone head to head with many of the most powerful vampires in the Marvel Universe, including the Marvel version of Dracula which was a far more powerful version than the Buffy take on Dracula. He has also been able to give Hulk a good fight, and kill a wendigo.

He showed his worth when he fought alongside Ghost Rider and co as a member of the Midnight Sons, and of late as an ally of FrankenCastle.

Sorry Angel fans, your boy would have beaten the feral Jack Russell as quickly as MoonKnight did, but against the vampire killing rational JR, old Angel is getting sliced and diced.

Werewolf By Night for a big and bloody win.

• Advertisement

So Jack Russell is capable of rational thought.

Has taken on and held his own against The Hulk.

Has been hunting Vampires for a long time, and has taken on Marvel Dracula.

I'm assuming Angel has no previous dealings with JR, so would be unfamiliar with him, and thus hasn't had time to put a decent strategy together.

Jack Russell FTW

Advertisement