Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart's Desire Tournament.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

/whimpers in confusion

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

click on the text

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Ghost Rider wins. Moving on:

DEATHSTROKE
    Deathstroke_Mortal_Kombat_vs_DC_Comics.jpg

VS

SWAMP THING
    vertigo4.jpg

Swamp Thing's rebellious child has recruited Slade Wilson to kill what he believes is a scientist whose work runs counter to her employers interests.
    She informs Deathstroke that his target is on a vacation in Northern California and will be visiting Muir Woods, she also tells him that Alec Holland is a far more dangerous target than he appears at first glance. Upon arriving in Muir Woods Deathstroke sets out to hunt down his target unaware that his employer has already sold him out to her father.

Wednesday begins the Championship battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Jaysus, Swamp Thing has a good looking plant there. :pac:

Can't look past The Swamp Thing, sorry Deathstroke. :)

Swamp Thing FTW

That is is his wife LZ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Deathstroke has to fight Swampthing in a forest, where he's been fed misinformation about his target?

Goodbye Deathstroke, you deserved more of a chance than this.

Swamp win.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Deathstroke has to fight Swampthing in a forest, where he's been fed misinformation about his target?

Goodbye Deathstroke, you deserved more of a chance than this.

Swamp win.
    Now, I did say he was warned that the target is more dangerous than he would assume. Besides Deathstroke is the guy who with a few hours notice stood off a fair portion of the JLA by himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Warning or not Swamp Thing is in his element and takes Deathstroke out.:)
    Swamp Thing = Win.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Deathstroke wins this one easily. He brings his best weapon to the fight, and uses it to...

Ahhh who am I kidding? He is dead the moment he set foot in the forest.:D

The big green and mean Swamp Thing for a crushing win.

Anybody object to having the losers of these two battles face each other?

• Advertisement

A battle for third place makes sense to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Would have went for Deathstroke in a more neutral environment, but in the forrest Swamp Thing has him.

Kess73 wrote: »
    A battle for third place makes sense to have.
    We really have two super-heavyweights fighting heavyweights as a warm-up their clash. We will see the heavyweights brawl it out between themselves. Far fairer thsn just giving it to Russell following Ketch's victory

Galvasean wrote: »
    Would have went for Deathstroke in a more neutral environment, but in the forrest Swamp Thing has him.

Deathstroke might have lasted a bit longer in a more neutral enviroment, but him actually beating Swamp Thing? :eek::confused::eek::confused:

:p

Deathstroke might have lasted a bit longer in a more neutral enviroment, but him actually beating Swamp Thing? :eek::confused::eek::confused:

:p
    Maybe batter his physical form down, but all Swampy needs is one spore in one of Deathstroke's orifices and goodbye Mr. Wilson.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

one more vote for swamp thing.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Swamp Thing wins.:eek:
    Championship bout coming right up.

CHAMPIONSHIP

GHOST RIDER
    ghost_rider_1.jpg

VS

SWAMP THING
    170063-13492-swamp-thing_super.jpg

death-valley-national-park-ga2.jpg

Daniel Ketch has felt a mysterious force calling him to Death Valley. Upon arrival in his Ghost Rider form he feels a presence emerging from the surrounding vegetation. In seconds Swamp Thing stands before him.
    "Daniel Ketch, your existence is an affront to the natural order of the world. Prepare to be destroyed."
    Yes, it's the Ketch version of GR. Swamp Thing still has all the parliament powers. I think this fight will be up until FRIDAY.

Oooh the most powerful version of Ghost Rider against the most powerful version of Swamp Thing given that he has the powers of all the Parliments.

Oooh the most powerful version of Ghost Rider against the most powerful version of Swamp Thing given that he has the powers of all the Parliments.
    hey, if I gonna go big.... I GONNA GO BIG!

• Advertisement

hey, if I gonna go big.... I GONNA GO BIG!

Big is defo the word. Having the powers of all five parliments in him puts Swampy in a power class that makes Superman look puny. He is easily in the Galactus class and maybe a bit higher again.

He basically has the power of every rock, wave, vapor, fire, and plant on the planet plus on other planets and dimensions as well as total power over them. Given that any one of the parliments on their own was seen as being powerful enough to destroy the earth, having the powers of all five at once puts Swampy just below the likes of The Spectre and The Word and probably on par with the most powerful version of The Shade.

Oh course the version of Ghost Rider you have decided on for this clash is no mug either. Most people will probably be thinking of the Johnny Blaze/Zarathos version in terms of power, but the Ketch/Kale version is the ruler of hell after destroying the previous ruler, and has the full power of Hell running through him, putting him on a power level that is at least as powerful as Mephisto and co. Plus given the fact that the guy he destroyed to become ruler of hell has once fought Galactus to a standstill, it suggests that the Ketch/Kale version can draw on power that exceeds the power levels that Galactus plays at.

Glad I made this a 3-day fight so people has time to properly decide it. I'll be watching from The Oort cloud.

I am really struggling with this one. I can come up with ways that make sense to me for wins for both. Both possess ways to exploit the other's weaknesses, and both can fight on levels far beyond their physical forms.

I almost wish the other powerhouse in this tournament, The Shade, was in the final in place of one or the other of these two, because at least then I would be able to pick The Shade as the loser. :D

I am really struggling with this one. I can come up with ways that make sense to me for wins for both. Both possess ways to exploit the other's weaknesses, and both can fight on levels far beyond their physical forms.

I almost wish the other powerhouse in this tournament, The Shade, was in the final in place of one or the other of these two, because at least then I would be able to pick The Shade as the loser. :D
    Shade was eliminated by Swamp Thing.......

Shade was eliminated by Swamp Thing.......

I know. Hence me saying that if Shade was in this final against any of the current final pair it would be an easier choice for me, as I would regard The Shade as beatable against either fighter.

Methinks a trip up to my loft is needed to search for a graphic novel or ten :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ooooh I am thinkung Swampy...

Wow, our first vote I think. :confused:

Am starting to lean that way myself. I had to dig out Swamp Thing: Love and Death earlier today to refresh my memory as to how old Swampy did when he went to hell and beyond, well before he got the power upgrade of the Parliments.

Upon digging out some more Swampy books, it would seem I was a little off when I said that his power levels, when he is at his strongest, were in the Galactus range. It is starting to look like I was really underselling his levels with that comparison.

From what I re-read today, it may be a fairer comparison to put him closer to the Spectre power bracket when he is in Parliment power mode.

But what is causing some doubt is the fact that the Ketch/Kale Ghost Rider beat Blackheart whilst Blackheart was the ruler of Hell. Now that version of Blackheart was strong enough to rip an entire planet literally to pieces on his own. Ghost Rider beat him, and then had the extra powers that came with the title of ruler of Hell added to his own powers.

I beginning to regret putting Swamp Thing and Ghost Rider in this.

• Advertisement

I beginning to regret putting Swamp Thing and Ghost Rider in this.

Well it was always going to be two from Swamp Thing, The Shade, and Ghost Rider in the final. Those three were just on a different level to pretty much everyone else.

But they were much better choices for the tournament than the obvious powerhouses like Superman or Thor.

Advertisement