Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Another recent case where summary judgment was granted against a lay litigant who brought the whole full court press of bull**** to the party, including a claim for €600,000 in damages.

Hard to say which group advised on this one. Further enquiries associate the lay litigant with both the Hub and Councillor Claire Cullinane (and her group Debtoptions) on this.

It's also interesting to note the timescale involved here. The bank didn't hang around once they realised what they were contending with. So when we get these rare admissions (as previously covered in this thread) from the crank litigant groups that the best they can do is buy time, this has no basis in reality.

Net result is the debtor is about €40k (plus, I'm guessing, some large High Court costs) worse off than if they had just played ball with the bank.

I've also been told recently about some shady goings on in the Land Registry which seem to tally with the "show me the originals!" warcry of the Freemen. Previously, when people were allowed inspect certain paperwork in the PRAI, they were usually let take it to a side desk in order to keep the staff at the counters free to deal with customers. After a few cases of paperwork "mysteriously disappearing" during these inspections, everything has to be conducted at the counter now.

Needless to say, the professionals in there doing their job are over the moon at the extra waiting involved as a layperson ties up the counter staff all day long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

What is the (imagined) significance of the use of lower case I when fremen refer to themselves in correspondence?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭cobhguy28

What is the (imagined) significance of the use of lower case I when fremen refer to themselves in correspondence?

The freeman incorrectly believe that lower case names refer to humans, the person while higher case refers to the strawman. There is no basis for this at law anywhere. People use uppercase on letter ect because it makes it easier to read, stands out more nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Serjeant Buzfuz

I dune no...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

I dune no...

They Drinks their own Piss!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

cobhguy28 wrote: »
    The freeman incorrectly believe that lower case names refer to humans, the person while higher case refers to the strawman. There is no basis for this at law anywhere. People use uppercase on letter ect because it makes it easier to read, stands out more nothing else.

It's next to impossible to read I know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Cool Mo D wrote: »

Southern poverty law center? They are just as batsh*t crazy as the freeman of the land movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

Tom Darcy has the begging bowl out again, don't you know constitutional challenges don't pay for themselves? Considering the unmitigated disaster of the book he is now pimping himself out for 1 to 1 sessions on all things legal as he is a fully qualified legal something or other.

Of course all monies will go to rescuing the nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

brilliant :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

whippet wrote: »
    Tom Darcy has the begging bowl out again, don't you know constitutional challenges don't pay for themselves? Considering the unmitigated disaster of the book he is now pimping himself out for 1 to 1 sessions on all things legal as he is a fully qualified legal something or other.

Haven't really been keeping tabs on Tom recently but wasn't his case listed for hearing in the Supreme Court on March 15th.

No sign of it in the list now.

Robbo wrote: »
    Haven't really been keeping tabs on Tom recently but wasn't his case listed for hearing in the Supreme Court on March 15th.

No sign of it in the list now.

Any legal eagles here willing to give a ball park figure to what it would cost to bring a constitutional challenge to the Supreme Court - factoring in the fact that Darcy and co. are lay litigants

Any legal eagles here willing to give a ball park figure to what it would cost to bring a constitutional challenge to the Supreme Court - factoring in the fact that Darcy and co. are lay litigants
    As lay litigants, all you'll be paying is your court stamping fees and photocopying costs.

Tom, however, has enlisted professionals for this adventure. David Langwallner BL has certainly had some input into this. He'd be more noted as an academic but I believe he practices regularly enough.

As lay litigants, all you'll be paying is your court stamping fees and photocopying costs.

Tom, however, has enlisted professionals for this adventure. David Langwallner BL has certainly had some input into this. He'd be more noted as an academic but I believe he practices regularly enough.

I am sure Langwallner is gifting his time on this case due to the importance and a couple of quid on stamp / copy costs surely Tom's book has raised more than enough money at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Jerry Beades and the New Land Leaguers trying to stop the fire-sale of 1000 prize winning cows going ahead in Cork tomorrow.

Just a mere €2.5 Million debt owed by this family, much like in the O'Donnell case Jerry is proving to be the friend of the little guy.

1 on 1 session with a man who has lost every case he has run, thanks but no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

1 on 1 session with a man who has lost every case he has run, thanks but no thanks.

sometimes it can be just as useful to learn what NOT to do :D

not only that he has failed at every business venture he has attempted and always seems to blame everyone else ... coal man, taxi drive, high end property developer and now unofficial legal council

what a guy.....

when he is finished pulping the rest of his books he will be advertising his legal advice on groupon

not only that he has failed at every business venture he has attempted and always seems to blame everyone else ... coal man, taxi drive, high end property developer and now unofficial legal council

what a guy.....

when he is finished pulping the rest of his books he will be advertising his legal advice on groupon
    Ah be fair, he's exploring new options for marketing his book...

ObDt6Fj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Southern poverty law center? They are just as batsh*t crazy as the freeman of the land movement.

Wait, what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Wait, what?

I think this thread is starting to effect people...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Jerry Beades and the New Land Leaguers trying to stop the fire-sale of 1000 prize winning cows going ahead in Cork tomorrow.

Just a mere €2.5 Million debt owed by this family, much like in the O'Donnell case Jerry is proving to be the friend of the little guy.

A bog-standard herd of cattle no doubt :rolleyes:

ESB-gate is raging on with the Hub. They're threatening to sue a Facebook page for defamation for asking them to show the bill in question.

The comment thread is golden with Captain Capslock wading in (amongst others) and this work of art being produced.

The comment thread is golden with Captain Capslock wading in (amongst others) and this work of art being produced.

seems legit .. where can I make a donation?

I can't understand how these legal eagles have been lumped with this bill. Surely their debt dodging legal brains can manage to get out of this one? I am assuming the landlord in question is the scarlet pimpernel Beades?

The said they had ten thousand raised last July. Now upfront fees for filing affidavits, outlays ect even on a big case would not cost more than one or two thousand at the most. And if you win your case you get your fees so I wounder if it is their council who are looking for upfront fees. It tells you their belief in the case.

An injunction was granted preventing protests and disruptions at the auctions. It seems, according to the receiver, like the debtors really salted the earth to frustrate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

The said they had ten thousand raised last July. Now upfront fees for filing affidavits, outlays ect even on a big case would not cost more than one or two thousand at the most. And if you win your case you get your fees so I wounder if it is their council who are looking for upfront fees. It tells you their belief in the case.

Surely they can tell Tom is a stand up bloke and on his oath and would never walkaway from an outstanding bill or debt he owed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

An injunction was granted preventing protests and disruptions at the auctions. It seems, according to the receiver, like the debtors really salted the earth to frustrate them.

Some folk they are judging by the condition they've left the animals in....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Meanwhile, down the courts....

"....strike out the plaintiff’s proceedings as against them, ..... , for being frivolous, vexatious, and bound to fail. I further accede to the application of the third named defendant to strike out the plaintiff’s proceedings pursuant to the Court’s inherent jurisdiction as they represent an abuse of process"

http://www.courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/09859e7a3f34669680256ef3004a27de/78e68648f437cc0780257f92003b28b5?OpenDocument

and earlier...

http://www.arthurcox.com/publications/lay-litigants-currency-vexing-issue-financial-institutions/

• Advertisement

Jerry Beades' Seanad election leaflet, where he declares himself a sponsor of The Hub.

Advertisement