Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

blackwhite wrote: »
    They'll probably have a new appeal for donations shortly, complete with a story of how Facebook have suspended their page until they can pay for it........ :pac:

The béal bocht is strong with this lot....
    Come on:
    The Hub – Ireland Carlow wants / needs an office, the people running the page; turning up at each court hearing, attacking the banks on their doorsteps need / want an office: come on; someone donate an office.
    Good people, doing great work: come on, an office.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭whippet

Still there. They're bleating on about being banned from sharing posts for 24 hours and how it's all a conspiracy.

https://www.facebook.com/irishselfhelpzone/

They seem to be having an Affidavit Serving war of words and insults with an ex-friend over Facebook for the last few months .. A lot of controversial posts on both sides .. So it could well have been a post or two reported and Facebook may have had to intervene.

I'm only guessing .. But I'd rather not delve any further as all parties concerned seem to enjoy their own brand of legal action and love being around the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jimlahey123

Did the hub display the esb bill?

It seems this Facta Sunt Pontentiora Verbis facebook page is causing uproar in their camp. The hub are or were planning on this page for defamation, but the hub keep posting on how well their page is doing since these "cyber attacks". I was reading some comments and facta was asking where their registration number was. lol. Also the page asked, "How come you are not registered under the Charities act 2009?" This made me cry with laughter. One of their staff Oisin, stated they did not need to be registered, as it was a non profit organization. *ahem wtf

It seems this Facta Sunt Pontentiora Verbis facebook page is causing uproar in their camp. The hub are or were planning on sueing this page for defamation, but the hub keep posting on how well their page is doing since these "cyber attacks". I was reading some comments and facta was asking where their registration number was. lol. Also the page asked, "How come you are not registered under the Charities act 2009?" This made me cry with laughter. One of their staff Oisin, stated they did not need to be registered, as it was a non profit organization. *ahem wtf

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Still there. They're bleating on about being banned from sharing posts for 24 hours and how it's all a conspiracy.

https://www.facebook.com/irishselfhelpzone/

I like the way that in order to illustrate that the vulture funds are buying property they have a picture of what look like North American Bald Eagles. Close I suppose!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I like the way that in order to illustrate that the vulture funds are buying property they have a picture of what look like North American Bald Eagles. Close I suppose!
    Their previous posts on the topic have shown a letter where one of the little guys they stand up for has 5 mortgages. It really does betray where their interests actually are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

I wonder if this is the sort of thing the Garda Representative Association were on about when they referred to attacks on them on Social media.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1570826556581107&id=100009613341998

Wow, some shocking stuff being spouted there. Advocating violence against gardai appears to be a running theme .

• Registered Users Posts: 68,063 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Did the hub display the esb bill?

They showed the landlord supply bill - which tenants don't pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

No explanation offered!

My assumption would be someone senior welching on his debts, as is the entire point of these organisations.

Oh look, new lunatics. Same as the old lunatics: http://www.thejournal.ie/armed-garda-limerick-court-protest-2756064-May2016/
    Protesters claimed the repossession courts were “not legitimate” and were supporting the mass eviction of people around the country.
    “It’s a kangaroo court,” one protester shouted.

Anti-eviction protesters refused to leave the court and formed a mock jury and a mock judge.
    The protesters decided all of the cases be thrown out of court to cheers from the crowd.
    The protesters accused gardaí and other officers of the court of being “criminals working for the government”.
    Solicitors and gardaí were also jeered by the crowd as they walked out from the courtroom.
    ‘Cease and desist’
    The protest became angry as Brian McCarthy, of the Anti-Eviction Task Force and Distressed Mortgage Holders, served the Registrar with a notice to “cease and desist”.
    The crowd began abusing gardaí and members of the legal profession, as McCarthy was removed by gardaí from the court.
    “We need to start putting manners on these people,” McCarthy said, speaking outside the court.

Gardaí removed a number of others from the court after they refused to leave and claimed, “this is a civilian court, not a criminal court”
    Mid-way through the protest, Wallace returned to the bench but was forced to retire again due to more jeering from the crowd.
    As he took to his seat, the crowd drowned out proceedings by singing loudly the Irish national anthem song.

The protesters eventually left the court and performed a mock funeral procession through Limerick city centre, with a coffin raised on their shoulders.
    The procession was led by a woman in a mask and dressed in black cloak, and wearing the sign “The Debt (Death) Collector”.
    The protesters also tried to storm a number of banks in the city, but were prevented from doing so when gardaí and bank staff closed their front doors while protesters stood outside chanting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Plenty of video of the shenanigans inside the court on the fb pages of Joe Doocey and Garie Beattie amongst others. (won't link here as probably illegal footage).

Everyone seemed to have a jolly good time - interrupted the proceedings with a rendition of the national anthem (homage to Grishams Runaway Jury maybe), shouted at the guards about solemns oaths and corporation courts a lot, and seemed to have a chant that went 'Bring Back Brian' which I may have misheard but hope not as it was gloriously Pythonesque.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Plenty of video of the shenanigans inside the court on the fb pages of Joe Doocey and Garie Beattie amongst others. (won't link here as probably illegal footage).

Everyone seemed to have a jolly good time - interrupted the proceedings with a rendition of the national anthem (homage to Grishams Runaway Jury maybe), shouted at the guards about solemns oaths and corporation courts a lot, and seemed to have a chant that went 'Bring Back Brian' which I may have misheard but hope not as it was gloriously Pythonesque.

Woger. Welease Woger :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Limerick yesterday:
    FERZrKV.jpg
    Because I'm sure the topic of discussion at every Bilderberg meeting takes a sinister turn when someone goes "Something must be *done* about the fake lawyers of Ireland's Mid-West, they're getting to know *too much* about Project Arcturus"

Also of note on Monday, there will be a Supreme Court judgment delivered in the Harry Rea case. Rea wants the Lisbon Treaty struck down and was the lad who refused to recognise proceedings when his wife divorced him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

whose cases were being processed (or not)

And of course, what better thing to do when occupying a courtroom than video it, and stick it on Facebook.

Warning: Contains Scenes of Extreme Idiocy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

And of course, what better thing to do when occupying a courtroom than video it, and stick it on Facebook.

Warning: Contains Scenes of Extreme Idiocy.

Follow on through onto his page for the second part of the video. It gets more moronic.

Follow on through onto his page for the second part of the video. It gets more moronic.

I think I've had my fill of idiots for one morning. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Ben Gilroy announced his retirement from politics on his Facebook page today, seems to have a big issue with RTE. Can't say I'm too surprised, he's been much quieter on his FB page recently.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭cobhguy28

The judgement is up on the courts website of rea v Ireland the Lisbon case, as you can quess by the lack of Facebook posts by the normal groups who cheered it on. It failed again.

Ben Gilroy announced his retirement from politics on his Facebook page today, seems to have a big issue with RTE. Can't say I'm too surprised, he's been much quieter on his FB page recently.....

I reckon his abysmal showing in the election was a greater reason.

Has he any personal court dates coming up that he might be deliberately quite about ?

whippet wrote: »
    I reckon his abysmal showing in the election was a greater reason.

Has he any personal court dates coming up that he might be deliberately quite about ?
    The Sunbed Occupation from a few pages back would be one.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭cobhguy28

I am going to retire from space exploration. Now I have never been or being close because of the corruption in nasa but you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

I am in no way in favour of these loons or their antics, they make a mockery of the Irish legal system and Irish society in general. But would there be any merit in anything they say?

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/carol-hunt/vulture-funds-circle-as-mortgage-crisis-exacts-its-toll-of-suffering-34694936.html

Is Harry Rea part of the attack the tax/acorn/common law society group? They lost the appeal, and stuck by high courts decision.

I am in no way in favour of these loons or their antics, they make a mockery of the Irish legal system and Irish society in general. But would there be any merit in anything they say?

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/carol-hunt/vulture-funds-circle-as-mortgage-crisis-exacts-its-toll-of-suffering-34694936.html

on the surface of it they sound like genuine people looking to help poor folk out .. however; just about all the main guys in these groupings seem to owe massive amounts of money to all and sundry from failed business / property speculation that went bust.

The cynic in me tends to believe that these people are looking for some way / anyway to squirm out of their debts while maintaining the lifestyles they became accustomed to while living off bank debt.

Tom Darcy for instance (usually front and centre at most of these events) .. is currently residing in a very very fancy house on the coast of North County Dublin which is not paid for .. he owes millions to the banks and by his own admission went from being a failed taxi driver to having access to millions of borrowed money to create a false lifestyle of a playboy. Now that the money needs to be repaid ... he refuses to cooperate and instead makes up pseudo-legal arguments to frustrate the system in the vain hope that he can still live in his mansion without having to pay for it.

Jerry Beades - owes millions, Ben Gilroy does not pay his mortage, Bryon Jenkins has a business / property speculation debt of almost quarter of million (with a tax bill as well I think) and hasn't paid his mortgage in years ....

the theme is familiar ...

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

whippet wrote: »
    on the surface of it they sound like genuine people looking to help poor folk out .. however; just about all the main guys in these groupings seem to owe massive amounts of money to all and sundry from failed business / property speculation that went bust.

The cynic in me tends to believe that these people are looking for some way / anyway to squirm out of their debts while maintaining the lifestyles they became accustomed to while living off bank debt.

Tom Darcy for instance (usually front and centre at most of these events) .. is currently residing in a very very fancy house on the coast of North County Dublin which is not paid for .. he owes millions to the banks and by his own admission went from being a failed taxi driver to having access to millions of borrowed money to create a false lifestyle of a playboy. Now that the money needs to be repaid ... he refuses to cooperate and instead makes up pseudo-legal arguments to frustrate the system in the vain hope that he can still live in his mansion without having to pay for it.

Jerry Beades - owes millions, Ben Gilroy does not pay his mortage, Bryon Jenkins has a business / property speculation debt of almost quarter of million (with a tax bill as well I think) and hasn't paid his mortgage in years ....

the theme is familiar ...

Oh yeah, fair enough, I think these lads are gangsters and the lads who disrupted Limerick court are absolute clowns that want to seem important in life cos they've nothing else going for them. However, I'm curious about the ordinary people involved in these courts, are they just unwilling to engage with the banks and that's why they're being evicted? Like if they engaged meaningfully with the banks they wouldn't be ending up in court?

However, I'm curious about the ordinary people involved in these courts, are they just unwilling to engage with the banks and that's why they're being evicted? Like if they engaged meaningfully with the banks they wouldn't be ending up in court?

They're vulnerable people who have been convinced there's a magic way out by those who really, really hope there is due to their massive debts.

Engaging may not stop them going to court but it will stop them going to jail for contempt as has happened to some who followed all the 'advice' given to them.

• Advertisement

It's been a while since we've had a sighting if Freeman Classicus in these parts but as ever, the border counties, provide.

nrbJ9EL.jpg

Pretty much a full house here:
    • Petty motoring offences
    • Personal sovereignty
    • The law doesn't apply to me
    • I'm only answerable to god
    • The 1919 Constitution will see me right

Advertisement