Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-134 Endeavour

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

eilejh wrote: »
    Actually. all the photos do that. I may have limited access to this site but you have to know it is foremost in my thoughts and prayers lol. It is like a little view of Heaven for me......every human being should have some heart-racing moments in their lives!
    Hi eilejh! Like you some if not all photos of the Shuttle make my heart race.:) In face just the thought of it make mine gallop:D.
    It is a beautiful machine and will be missed by us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Is anyone planning on going?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Is anyone planning on going?
    Oh I wish, but unless I win the lotto..............:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'm gonna start saving on the off chance that STS-135 gets a green light. Gives me time to try and get the money together. I'll try and bribe Mrs. Lucan with a week in Orlando. Tell everyone at xmas to give me money!:D

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'm gonna start saving on the off chance that STS-135 gets a green light. Gives me time to try and get the money together. I'll try and bribe Mrs. Lucan with a week in Orlando. Tell everyone at xmas to give me money!:D
    Go for it!:)
    I might get Mrs Beeker to agree to a final trip Stateside for one more launch:) Fingers crossed:pac:

• Advertisement

Beeker wrote: »
    Go for it!:)
    I might get Mrs Beeker to agree to a final trip Stateside for one more launch:) Fingers crossed:pac:

I figure i've at least 8-10 months saving before i'd even look at flights. That's based on it going roughly a year from now. Should be time enough to get the money together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

I figure i've at least 8-10 months saving before i'd even look at flights. That's based on it going roughly a year from now. Should be time enough to get the money together.

Can i just reclaim My role as chief Party Pooper here?;)

a bipartisan committee from the house of representitives has put forward a seperate bill to the one the Senate committee agreed!
    The House one drops STS-135:eek:
    Both House and Senate have to agree the exact wording of the bill before the vote is taken.
    only then could Obama sign it{sorry:o}
    and NASA did say they needed a decision by June at the STS-132 post landing press conference.

*remember don't shoot the messanger*

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/news/n1007/20house/

ynotdu wrote: »

a bipartisan committee from the house of representitives has put forward a seperate bill to the one the Senate committee agreed!
    Both House and Senate have to agree the exact wording of the bill before the vote is taken.
    and NASA did say they needed a decision by June at the STS-132 post landing press conference.

You're not pooping the party Ynotdu :). I honestly don't expect STS-135 to get a green light. As far as i'm concerned STS-134 will be the last flight but i'm building my own contingency plan.:)

There's no way at the moment(unless i win the lotto) that i could afford to go over in November or February. Nice to have a little dream!;)

Saw that, but either way whatever the compromise, it looks good for manned flight by NASA.

mban1257l.jpg

You're not pooping the party Ynotdu :). I honestly don't expect STS-135 to get a green light. As far as i'm concerned STS-134 will be the last flight but i'm building my own contingency plan.:)

There's no way at the moment(unless i win the lotto) that i could afford to go over in November or February. Nice to have a little dream!;)
    I still think 135 will get the go ahead, at least I hope so, but like yourself a lotto win is about the only chance i will have of getting one more Launch:(

• Advertisement

Video of tank arriving for 134

Booster stacking underway since yesterday for 134

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20630.0;attach=240603;image
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20630.0;attach=240625;image

Nice to have a little dream!;)

I think i get what You mean there LL;) nice touch to have intergrated two threads!:)

*I would not say NO to even e50 on a scratchcard at the mo:)*

Saw that, but either way whatever the compromise, it looks good for manned flight by NASA.

mban1257l.jpg

Well Holy Moses Beeker You Do find such funny diagrams!:).
    We all never figured out for sure after after 132 landed if it was time to start taking the tablets or stop taking the tablets:confused:
    Moses had the right idea he just dropped them!:p

I am most impressed by Your Biblical knowledge You self declared Heathan Atheist:mad:

I agree either bill if passed will retain the ethos of NASA,still 135 would be nice:)

beats the hell outta Me why Sally Rides workable compromise about Shuttle extensions X2 a year until NASA had another craft ready was given such little respect{the Sally Ride compromise idea first posted by Lord Lucan}

Yours sincerely
    an agnostic and incurable romantic!

I am most impressed by Your Biblical knowledge You self declared Heathan Atheist:mad:!
    One most know one's enemy:D
    beats the hell outta Me why Sally Rides workable compromise about Shuttle extensions X2 a year until NASA had another craft ready was given such little respect{the Sally Ride compromise idea first posted by Lord Lucan}

Yours sincerely
    an agnostic and incurable romantic!
    Ahhhhhh Sally Ride:):pac::pac::pac::pac: Sweet:D

Ahhhhhh Sally Ride:):pac::pac::pac::pac: Sweet:D

Ride Sally Ride!:pac:

Here's Mine as regards NASA future:

IN the number one spot Augustine:

augustine.jpg

in second place Charlie Bolden:

Charles-Bolden-Jr.jpg

In third place {on this issue only}

obama-superman.jpg

and in fourth place:

Woops sorry I could not find a picture of BULLER!;)

Ride Sally Ride!:pac:

She sure has placed some Commitments to NASA! :)

She sure has placed some Commitments to NASA! :)

Oh Dear!:eek:

• Advertisement

STS-134 coming together at last!:),been a long wait but the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer now fitted with its new systyms that will extend its lifetime to equal that of the of the space station is ready to ship Tuesday to the Kennedy Space centre.It will probe anti-matter and dark matter from its home on the ISS.
    The changes made to this instrument is one of the main reasons the Space Shuttle programme will not end in September of this year as had been planned.
    nice to have some hard news in the midst of all the rumour:)

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/emerging-tech/2010/08/20/cern-gets-ready-to-hunt-for-antimatter-in-space-40089872/

Tough choice were to put this post as it relevent to about 75% of threads on A&S.What seemed like an annoyance that delayed a Shuttle flight on further study used in conjuction with the large Hadron collider could be of hugh significance to the understanding of almost everything physics requires to unlock the secrets of our Universe,right to the end it gave the team in Geneva a headache,it did not want to leave the Nest! Not even on a Giant Kick-Ass American Military Transport plane!Today it lands at KSC.

ALeqM5j7oH_N7e5OHNTPU6TMECWr17idjA?size=l

Space detector prepares to scour universe for secrets
    (AFP) – 15 hours ago
    GENEVA — A huge physics detector that will scour outer space for clues to the origins of the universe began the first stage of its voyage to the International Space Station at Geneva airport on Wednesday.
    The European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN) loaded the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer (AMS) onto a giant C5 Galaxy US military transport plane, which will fly it to the Kennedy Space Centre in Florida on Thursday.
    "The AMS left the research centre on Tuesday and was loaded onto an aircraft specially sent by the US air force on Wednesday," CERN spokesman James Gillies told AFP.
    The AMS detector is due to reach the space station on the last US Space Shuttle mission towards the end of February 2011, he added.
    The AMS is meant to complement attempts by the world's biggest atom smasher at CERN, the Large Hadron Collider, to unravel some of the secrets of the creation of the universe and add to its scientific data.
    The detector's main target is the search for dark matter and antimatter, two of the mysterious missing links in human knowledge of the universe and life on earth.
    The AMS "must notably find where antimatter came from", Gillies explained, by searching for stars in far flung galaxies that scientists believe to be entirely made of antimatter.
    Under the theoretical standard laws of physics, for every type of ordinary particle -- matter -- a corresponding "antiparticle" exists.
    Despite the huge precautions and scientific precision surrounding the experiment, loading was delayed on Wednesday because of trouble squeezing the container into the aircraft.
    The top of the container was eventually removed and covered with plastic to fit into the plane, CERN said.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭eilejh

Thanks for posting that story. It actually did make major network news today in the US of A. I think journalists are now trying to latch on to the sig of impending last missions of Shuttles.
    And/Or:
    Underground activists are at work leaking info lol. For what end who knows. What I DO know is that I am awaiting breathlessly the e-mail from KSC re STS Discovery and also arrival of the UFO HUNTERS shirt I ordered.

There has been an upscale number of Space related stories in the major news in the United States in the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭eilejh

"Despite the huge precautions and scientific precision surrounding the experiment, loading was delayed on Wednesday because of trouble squeezing the container into the aircraft.
    The top of the container was eventually removed and covered with plastic to fit into the plane, CERN said."

Houston you fixed the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭12april1981

Astronauts and twin brothers Scott and Mark Kelly are interviewed before their missions. Scott Kelly will be Expedition 26 Commander and Mark will be the STS-134 Commander. The two brothers may meet in space when space shuttle Endeavour docks to the International Space Station in early 2011.:)

ET-122 get's hoisted into it's holding bay. This ET will fly with Endeavour on STS-134.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

ET-122 get's hoisted into it's holding bay. This ET will fly with Endeavour on STS-134.

Leo , i forgot today to say , I LOVE your sig hahaha :D

Launch date has slipped to February 27 at 20:38.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭whynotdo

134 will be given an extra two days of flight and another EVA making a total of four,subject to approval of a Change Request(which is a given).

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2010/10/sts-134-mission-officially-increase-by-two-days-one-eva/

Some nice ideas for those who did not get tickets for 133 and proably wont for STS-134,looks like a good second best to Me.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/10/17/1871601/final-shuttle-launches-promise.html

Advertisement