Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect Trilogy remastered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I know you needed a high score for the 'proper ending' but can't remember how hard that was. I played a bit of multiplayer, was actually really good so not sure of the effect its absence would have. Good to know.
    Destroy with Shep still alive under the rubble. Looks like the Next Mass Effect might use that ending as canon.

I think when it was first launched it was difficult enough because the EMS rating you had ticked down over time.

EA launched a mobile site where you could build your EMS rating with tasks on this site.

I did if for a while but lost interest to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

FemShep herself reacting to the trailer.

https://twitter.com/jhaletweets/status/1356766360202711040

I see it's 70 quid on PSN store which I would be happy to pay for all that content but with EA play, you get it for 63 euro. EA Play is 4 quid a month or 1 euro for your first month if you're a new member. I already had it before but looks like I can get the 1 euro offer again, says off is valid until March.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I see it's 70 quid on PSN store which I would be happy to pay for all that content but with EA play, you get it for 63 euro. EA Play is 4 quid a month or 1 euro for your first month if you're a new member. I already had it before but looks like I can get the 1 euro offer again, says off is valid until March.

works out at around 50 euro if bought via US PSN. going to wait until preload actually starts to see if the dlc are separate downloads or included in the game file

works out at around 50 euro if bought via US PSN. going to wait until preload actually starts to see if the dlc are separate downloads or included in the game file

I wonder if it will have the early play on EA Play as well? If so, I'd definitely get the Irish version with a sub of EA Play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hah, finally get some used from the EA Play sub so!

Would love even a non-remastered version for the Switch. I want to hang out Garrus while I take a dump.

it's not ruled out.... or confirmed either...

https://gonintendo.com/stories/376320-ea-hasn-t-ruled-out-mass-effect-legendary-edition-on-switch-just

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Hah, finally get some used from the EA Play sub so!

One of the benefits of Xbox now is free EA Pass with Gamepass.

I wonder do you have to start this from scratch or will it link to your old version of the game. I'm about 25% through first game and wonder would have to start again on new edition or just continuie?

Yeah, Sony should do the same with Now, bundle Play with it. It's only €25 and if you don't mind waiting a year for most yearly EA games it most certainly pays for itself.

Regarding the saves, I don't think they'll work. If it was something they were doing, I'm sure it would be announced along with everything else so far. It hasn't been confirmed or denied though.

Just read this from VG247 with the changes, mainly focused on getting the original to feel like 2/3 and 2/3 having the least amount of changes. I like the sound of it tbh. Sign me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭McFly85

Are there abilities/perks tied to the morality system or does it just affect the story?

If your response choices are always good/neutral/bad then they may as well ask you which one you want to play as at the start, save the hassle of having to choose hundreds of times :D

• Advertisement

McFly85 wrote: »
    Are there abilities/perks tied to the morality system or does it just affect the story?

If your response choices are always good/neutral/bad then they may as well ask you which one you want to play as at the start, save the hassle of having to choose hundreds of times :D

As far as I can remember, it just affects stories like 2 squad crew can be fighting and you have to side with one while losing the loyalty of the other which isn't good. You can keep loyalty with both by having a high enough paragon/renegade meter so it's important to keep your squad happy and alive by choosing one path. As Retro said, if you play how you like, you should have a much more interesting time but expect a good bit of loss.

I forgot about Andromeda but they got rid of the system for that:
    Mass Effect: Andromeda abandoned the Morality System. Pathfinder Ryder's current conversation choices no longer determine future gameplay consequences.

The developers at Bioware felt that players were too often deciding to make a Paragon or Renegade choice for their character based on a predetermined personality, regardless of the context of the conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Those gratutious camera shots of Miranda's arse that took up 80% of the screen are no more...

b89.png
    ‘Kevin actually called out some camera cuts that were just… why was that focusing on Miranda’s butt? So in some cases we said, ‘Okay, we can make a change there’.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/02/mass...shep-but-not-the-ending-14008330/?ito=cbshare

A sad day for the parish.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Those gratutious camera shots of Miranda's arse that took up 80% of the screen are no more...

b89.png

Preorder cancelled

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

b89.png

I assume the changes being made are due to complaints that her arse wasn't taking up enough of the screen and they are are merely changing the angles to increase arse coverage to 90-95% of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Azza wrote: »
    I assume the changes being made are due to complaints that her arse wasn't taking up enough of the screen and they are are merely changing the angles to increase arse coverage to 90-95% of the screen.

The update...

v19CkWz.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

can the legendary cache edition be bought here? Kinda want that helmet

Weird, i thought Gamestop would carry something like that.

I tried the audio book for Revelations but the guys voice was making me zone out. The positive being after just one chapter, I'm mad to read the full book. Was great hearing/reading about earth's reaction to finding the prothean tech on Mars and human's first trip through the Charon relay. Definitely gonna buy the book, i see it's only a fiver on Amazon, 6.50 on book depository, seems like it will be well worth it.

Ah that helmet is savage! Now I want the cache edition. Get on it GameStop!

I forgot that ME3 had the reputation bar that increases for both Payson and Renegade actions showing you to mix up your character. I never saw the blog below taking about how they were aware that players felt punished for not going full paragon or Renegade in ME2. Mac Walters said they've even toned it down in the remaster. Would definitely want to hear more about that.

https://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/01/reputation-in-mass-effect-3/

https://twitter.com/macwalterslives/status/1357083291313037312?s=19

https://twitter.com/BrenonHolmes/status/1357092965303291905?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    but ME1.... even at the time it was rough and needed serious work.

My only take-away from ME1 that never made sense even back then was using the fcking 'back' button to throw a grenade

b89.png

Miranda after the update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Removing gratuitous Miranda arse shots should be considered a humanitarian offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jones

Loved ME2 and ME3 to a lesser degree so will definitely pick this up at some stage. ME1 was pretty janky even back in the day so i'm assuming they have done serious work on it to bring it more in line

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Spooch

149 dollars plus 75 dollars for shipping to Ireland. And it doesn't include the game. I want it, but not that badly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭piwyudo0fhn57b

Looking forward to remastered Thane Krios!

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my 25th thousand post on the Citadel....

I tried that audio book for Mass Effect Revelation. The bad, the guys voice makes me zone out, hard to concentrate on it. The good, just one chapter in and I'm loving it. The description of Earth's reaction to the prothean tech discovery on Mars (some think ee discovered it much sooner, some think a hoax, some religions changing their scripture to include it to make sure their God still has a place), Grissom's background of leading the first voyage through a Mass Effect Relay, Anderson being called up for an important mission.

Was so interesting, i ordered a physical copy of book depository for €6.80.

Unfortunately already confirmed that multiplayer is the only thing not included in the remaster. I'd love to know why though. Probably so they don't have to spend any resources on it and focus on other games/next ME instead but i agree, i would absolutely love it if it was included

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I'm legit shocked that EA have removed the only part of the series that had microtransactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

RopeDrink wrote: »
    To be fair, said microtransactions were ignorable.

I don't mean to change the subject, but this makes them no less devious. Some people can ignore them but they prey upon the minority that can't. One of the best known examples is actually ME3.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-23-manveer-heir-bioware-mass-effect-ea-monetisation

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

ME3 multiplayer was the stupidest idea ever...until it wasn't, and was absolutely brilliant. I'll happily say i was completely wrong when they announced it.

Shame its not coming back, but i wasn't really expecting it.

Advertisement