Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect Trilogy remastered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Why would the sizes be different in different regions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Gbear wrote: »
    Why would the sizes be different in different regions?

More languages in Europe (English, French, German, Italian etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭brady12

For those of ye who have the choice , will ye get This on ps5 or series x?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

6qavvs8ug8641.png

• Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So what classes are people planning for each game and for returning players, can you remember what classes you used before?
    For me
    Original games
    Mass Effect - Soldier, I think
    Mass Effect 2 - Vanguard
    Mass Effect 3 - Vanguard

New version
    Mass Effect - Biotic
    Mass Effect 2 - Vanguard or Sentinel
    Mass Effect 3 - Vanguard or Sentinel

I'm not sure now as all weapons can be used by all classes although their proficiency will be reduced. I live the assault rifles but always found soldier class a bit boring. A mix of assault rifle and a couple of biotic powers will do me so will see what way the new setups will look like first.

I usually go with Vanguard but on my last playthrough, didn't enjoy the rush nice to get in close, preferred the distance fighting. Infiltrator is great for insanity runs but not as fun as the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm not sure now as all weapons can be used by all classes although their proficiency will be reduced. I live the assault rifles but always found soldier class a bit boring. A mix of assault rifle and a couple of biotic powers will do me so will see what way the new setups will look like first.

I usually go with Vanguard but on my last playthrough, didn't enjoy the rush nice to get in close, preferred the distance fighting. Infiltrator is great for insanity runs but not as fun as the others.

The Spectre Gear is so incredibly powerful in ME1 that it doesn't much matter on the firepower front. The pistol tears enemies to shreds nearly as well as the others.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

JimBurnley wrote: »

Just one play through so for each game to plat then I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Why are we not getting a 10 hour trial as part of EA Play?
    I'd love to test it out!
    No way am I putting down €60-70 blind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Polar101

I think I'll wait for the EA Play version, even if that's several months away - I've already bought the games twice (PC/PS3), so not going to do that a third time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Oh I never even thought about that... With the way I'm gaming lately, even though i'm looking forward to this, because I have played it before I may not get sucked back into it (I can count on one hand the amount of games that have gotten more than 1 playthrough since around the PS3 times). I may hold off now and see if I can wait the 12 months...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I usually spend ages on character creators in games but for some reason I always used default Shepard and FemShep in Mass Effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

J. Marston wrote: »
    I usually spend ages on character creators in games but for some reason I always used default Shepard and FemShep in Mass Effect.

I don't change MaleShep, but I do change FemShep - redhead for me. I've tried changing them to something else across various playthroughs, but it feels wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Now, that you mention it, I've never changed Sheppard either. But Ive seen some absolutely freaky versions of him!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So is this a new remaster or is just a coat of paint ?

So is this a new remaster or is just a coat of paint ?

4k visuals, faster loading times, upscaled graphics, quality of life changes, mostly in ME1, Mako improved, 40 dlc's included. Full list here.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect/Legendary_Edition_Changes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

4k visuals, faster loading times, upscaled graphics, quality of life changes, mostly in ME1, Mako improved, 40 dlc's included. Full list here.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect/Legendary_Edition_Changes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Looking forward to this having shelved mass effect 1 a few years back after buying the trilogy because of the janky shooting and driving in ME1. Even on PC with 60fps the game felt terrible. 10hrs in it just got too much.

So now if they have improved 1 enough hopefully I can get through the trilogy.

I'd like to see a digital foundry performance review before I decide where to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Surprised there’s been no gameplay videos out yet, the games out in a few days like.

Don’t know if I’ll buy this Friday or wait awhile and see what way they play.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Surprised there’s been no gameplay videos out yet, the games out in a few days like.

Don’t know if I’ll buy this Friday or wait awhile and see what way they play.

Yeah, i mean it's 3 huge games, at least give us a mission to have a gawk at. I'm not worried about bugs as I'm sure by the time i get to ME 2, everything will be hopefully ironed out and I'll be playing the best possible versions of 2 & 3 :) Well, i just hope there aren't major bugs that stop progress anyway, must be hard to test QA on 3 games of this size with a ton of updates done by AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yeah, i mean it's 3 huge games, at least give us a mission to have a gawk at. I'm not worried about bugs as I'm sure by the time i get to ME 2, everything will be hopefully ironed out and I'll be playing the best possible versions of 2 & 3 :) Well, i just hope there aren't major bugs that stop progress anyway, must be hard to test QA on 3 games of this size with a ton of updates done by AI.

Can’t wait to have a proper go off of 1, rushed through it the only time I’ve played it due to the janky controls so hopefully there’s some real improvement there.

Cyberpunk has be worried about any new release these days :pac: so hopefully all goes well Friday :D

• Advertisement

key change. slighter bigger breasts.

VGJwAf2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bioware's Liara bias showing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Form someone that has not actually finished these games. If I was to buy, how many hours per game am I looking at per game? I need to work out if I have the time to invest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

ZiabR wrote: »
    Form someone that has not actually finished these games. If I was to buy, how many hours per game am I looking at per game? I need to work out if I have the time to invest.
    It's around 30 hours per game and then with all the DLC another 5 hours or so for 2 and 3 so you're looking at 100+ hours anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Almost as much as Persona 5 on its own :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Was not planning on getting it at launch - was going to wait until discount or EA Access down the line - but that Soundtrack video broke me.

Preordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

fixXxer wrote: »
    Almost as much as Persona 5 on its own :pac:

Quite a bit short of Royal! That took me 135 hours :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

ZiabR wrote: »

They are relatively short for RPGs, bout 25 hours or so each, but I wouldn’t recommend playing them back to back anyway. Play one then wait a few months before doing the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Markitron wrote: »
    They are relatively short for RPGs, bout 25 hours or so each, but I wouldn’t recommend playing them back to back anyway. Play one then wait a few months before doing the next.

Why do you suggest to waiting months between the titles?

I'll play them back to back. as I have done many times before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

I'd binge them personally theres a lot of small little things that carry over between games that you might not appreciate as much with a big gap between games

Advertisement