Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 365 online website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

This is paying lip service to the 2-factor authentication security rule, while actually DECREASING security.
    The banking app is far less secure than the desktop version, with the potential to remain logged in.
    The mobile devices on which the app is installed are far more likely to be lost or stolen than the computers on which internet banking might otherwise be conducted.
    The mobile devices are also far more likely to be used on insecure networks and to become compromised, and less likely to have anti-malware software installed.

For all these reasons, pushing peoplle to instal and use the mobile app represents a dangerous decrease in security, to say nothing of the clunky user experience. As others have said, if you have to open the mobile app to use the desktop version, the logical thing is just to do the transactions in the mobile app rather than using both for the same transaction.

Two factor authentication is legally necessary but if it is to enhance security as intended rather than to diminish it, at a minimum it needs to be separate from the rubbish mobile app, e.g. a text system or separate authenticator app. Otherwise you can expect a rise, not a fall, in fraud claims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

if for whatever reason, i dont have my mobile on me, does that mean i cannot log into 365online on the laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,357 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The new website is atrocious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

bangkok wrote: »
    if for whatever reason, i dont have my mobile on me, does that mean i cannot log into 365online on the laptop?
    Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie today. 

If you will be using your smartphone as your Physical Security Key when logging on to Banking 365 through a web browser then you will need to have this device with you when logging in on the web browser. 

I hope this information helps. If there is anything else we can help you with please feel free to get back in touch with us here, we'll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

If you will be using your smartphone as your Physical Security Key when logging on to Banking 365 through a web browser then you will need to have this device with you when logging in on the web browser. 

I hope this information helps. If there is anything else we can help you with please feel free to get back in touch with us here, we'll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 
    one more question, i noticed i didnt log out of the app and when i went back in later it was still logged into it, does it stay like that forever or does it time out and log you out automatically?

• Advertisement

The new website is atrocious!
    Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie. 

We're very sorry to hear that you feel this way. 

If you're having difficulties logging in or using Banking 365 through a web browser please feel free to check in with us here or on any of our other social channels and we'd be happy to help as best we can. 

Please be assured we will pass your feedback along to the relevant team.

Thanks, Eve 

Thanks, Eve 
    one more question, i noticed i didnt log out of the app and when i went back in later it was still logged into it, does it stay like that forever or does it time out and log you out automatically?
    Thanks for getting back to us here. 

Please be assured that the app would automatically log you out after a few minutes if you haven't be using the app. 

There is the option to log out of the app when you've finished by clicking the icon on the top right hand corner of your screen an then clicking 'Log Out'. 

Also, is you close down the app when you have finished using it you would be automatically logged out instantly. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, Eve 

fiachraX wrote: »
    This is paying lip service to the 2-factor authentication security rule, while actually DECREASING security.
    The banking app is far less secure than the desktop version, with the potential to remain logged in.
    The mobile devices on which the app is installed are far more likely to be lost or stolen than the computers on which internet banking might otherwise be conducted.
    The mobile devices are also far more likely to be used on insecure networks and to become compromised, and less likely to have anti-malware software installed.

For all these reasons, pushing peoplle to instal and use the mobile app represents a dangerous decrease in security, to say nothing of the clunky user experience. As others have said, if you have to open the mobile app to use the desktop version, the logical thing is just to do the transactions in the mobile app rather than using both for the same transaction.

Two factor authentication is legally necessary but if it is to enhance security as intended rather than to diminish it, at a minimum it needs to be separate from the rubbish mobile app, e.g. a text system or separate authenticator app. Otherwise you can expect a rise, not a fall, in fraud claims.
    Hi Fiachra, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie today. 

In line with PSD2 requirements we have enhanced our security. Please be assured that our Mobile App would be a secure way to do your online banking. 

Our Mobile App uses Strong Customer Authentication(SCA) which is used to ensure that it is genuinely you when you're logging in to your online banking or authorising payments when online banking.

SCA is designed to keep your information safe and to make online banking even more secure. 

I hope that this information helps. If there is anything else we can help you with please be don't hesitate to get back in touch with us here, we'll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Tow

I think you will find that the new app does not clear the cache on the phone.  So you can pick up a phone, scroll through the apps and see what was on the screen when the app was last used.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭mart 23

How do i change my mobile no  as I cant enter the new system as the code is going to the mobile no on
    the 365 system , which was lost yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

mart 23 wrote: »
    How do i change my mobile no  as I cant enter the new system as the code is going to the mobile no on
    Hi Mart 23,

Thanks for your post. 

If you had the mobile app set up on the phone that has been lost, please call us on 1800946764 as soon as possible to have this device deleted from your profile. The adviser will then transfer you to our Mobile Team for help with setting up a new number. 

Thanks, 
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭mart 23

Hi Mart 23,

Thanks for your post. 

If you had the mobile app set up on the phone that has been lost, please call us on 1800946764 as soon as possible to have this device deleted from your profile. The adviser will then transfer you to our Mobile Team for help with setting up a new number. 

Thanks, 
    Tara
    The phone i lost  did not have the mobile appl on it  The set up for the mobile app I did this morning  did not allow me to change mobile number but it sent  the code to the lost mobile no. Is there anyway I can get access to the old 365 system to change my old mobile no to my new mobile no .  The new no  is an EU mainland Europe no   My account is in BOI dooradoyle  Limerick

The phone i lost  did not have the mobile appl on it  The set up for the mobile app I did this morning  did not allow me to change mobile number but it sent  the code to the lost mobile no. Is there anyway I can get access to the old 365 system to change my my mobile to my new no .  The new no  is an EU mainland Europe no   My account is in BOI dooradoyle  Limerick
    Thanks for getting back to us mart 23,

You can access the old desktop site by typing https://original.365online.com into the browser address bar. You can then amend your mobile by selecting Manage Accounts then Amend my Mobile. A code to confirm your new number will be sent by post to the address on your account and can take 3-5 days. If you need help with setting up the Mobile App before this, please call us on 0818200362 and one of my colleagues will be happy to help, just to mention the line is extremely busy today but is open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-4 Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks, 
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭vafankillar

so you can't use the desktop version now without also using your phone? if you phone battery is dead you simply can't log on?

so you can't use the desktop version now without also using your phone? if you phone battery is dead you simply can't log on?
    Hi vafankillar,

We've more information on this and answered your query posted on the thread here.

Thanks, 
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Maidhci

The user interface to banking 365 has changed since I last accessed it last week.  At that stage one was diverted to the old version in instances where the banking 365 app was not available to the user.  This option is not available anymore.  I had assumed from previous posts here  and email confirmation from BOI that the option to access online banking would remain until such time as the physical device key system was rolled out?  Furthermore, I assumed that an option to order a physical device key would be provided well in advance to users of banking 365??  Can you please advise the position here, as I need to urgently check some transactions to my account.  

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

BOI Reps...
    quick question...
    I have the new mobile app on 2 phones (my work and personal phone)

If I am in work on my "work phone" and need to access 365 online on the desktop how do I get it to send push notification to "work phone" as opposed to "personal phone" (primary) if needed?
    Can you select which phone it will send the push notification too or will it send to both my personal and work phone at same time when trying to log onto the desktop version?
    Thanks for your time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

So boi, whats the situation? when are the hardware devices available? because banking 365 in its original form appears to be gone, juat found out when I tried to log in a while ago, there was no warning that uou planned to.shut out existing customers before hardware devices would become available for those that dont want to use a smartphone or dont have one. I dont have a device to provide me with the extra security, has boi just arbitrarily decided to lock anyone out from their account that didnt conform, total $hit show, I have zero intention of downloading the app, so who do I contact to access my money in my account, the regulator?
    I wonder how many people are getting on who arent surgically attached to a smartphone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Maidhci & 1874,

Thanks for getting in touch today.

You can certainly continue to use the old site here until you receive a security key. This can be ordered when you are logged in by selecting "service desk" > "ask a question". Once this PSK is received, you can absolutely log in on the new desktop version. We hope this information helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

dimma wrote: »
    BOI Reps...
    quick question...
    I have the new mobile app on 2 phones (my work and personal phone)

If I am in work on my "work phone" and need to access 365 online on the desktop how do I get it to send push notification to "work phone" as opposed to "personal phone" (primary) if needed?
    Can you select which phone it will send the push notification too or will it send to both my personal and work phone at same time when trying to log onto the desktop version?
    Thanks for your time
    Hi Dimma, 

Thanks for your question this morning. Each device you register will have a nickname. If you register one as "work" and the other as "personal", for example, when you log in to the desktop version you will be asked which device you want to receive the security code. We hope this helps.

Thanks, Richard

• Advertisement

Hi Maidhci & 1874,

You can certainly continue to use the old site here until you receive a security key. This can be ordered when you are logged in by selecting "service desk" > "ask a question". Once this PSK is received, you can absolutely log in on the new desktop version. We hope this information helps.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Why o why is it necessary to jump through hoops to get this information, the path (link) to the old system was available at 365online.com recently and as noticed by myself and another poster, this route was not available on the main webpage from recently.
    The route you state to receive a device to provide a security key/access has no specific heading, so it is not something that a user could have arrived at themselves unless they jump through more hoops or contact you here. Has anyone thought, maybe there are some people not on boards/twitter that dont have as easy a path to getting a straight answer out of BOI??
    Its a time consuming nonsense, and Im familar with using technology, I wouldnt describe BOI as operating on a user friendly thought out way.
    How do you make your decisions? do you throw an 8 ball around the office or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Locked out of account since new website went live. 20 mins on call. Call went dead. Now on to 365 line again, 23 mins in. Unacceptable Eir standard of customer support.

Needed a new credit card last week, Revolut had it issued in < 2 mins.

Mail sent to Conor Pope.

1874 wrote: »
    Hi Maidhci & 1874,

Thanks,
    Richard
    Why o why is it necessary to jump through hoops to get this information, the path (link) to the old system was available at 365online.com recently and as noticed by myself and another poster, this route was not available on the main webpage from recently.
    The route you state to receive a device to provide a security key/access has no specific heading, so it is not something that a user could have arrived at themselves unless they jump through more hoops or contact you here. Has anyone thought, maybe there are some people not on boards/twitter that dont have as easy a path to getting a straight answer out of BOI??
    Its a time consuming nonsense, and Im familar with using technology, I wouldnt describe BOI as operating on a user friendly thought out way.
    How do you make your decisions? do you throw an 8 ball around the office or something?
    We really appreciate you sharing your views and we're happy to receive all feedback from our customers. We'll certainly share this feedback to our development team.

Thanks,
    Richard

Locked out of account since new website went live. 20 mins on call. Call went dead. Now on to 365 line again, 23 mins in. Unacceptable Eir standard of customer support.

Needed a new credit card last week, Revolut had it issued in < 2 mins.

Mail sent to Conor Pope.
    We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulty unblocking your account. We have been experiencing higher call volumes leading to longer wait times. We hope that our colleagues were able to sort this for you.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 13 xserty

Hello,
      I just want to add my experience of the new BOI website here.
    I tried to call them directly at their Customer Feedback number and after 15min on hold I decided to call it quits. They are probably receiving to many complaints about the new website,so I decided to take it here!
    First of all, the user experience and usability of the new website is appalling. To achieve simple tasks from login to a transfer I find myself having to use the mouse, select textareas, click, scroll, select, and scroll, select, click and scroll...
    Tasks that were straightforward on the old website are now so much more cumbersome.
    And I'm not talking about the extra steps required for the 2FA (I know that's a requirement), but basic tasks.

Last, but not least, CSV export does not work. Actually, it works but output is garbled with extra fields and values that make it impossible to read and use.
    Luckily, the old version of the website is still available, but not sure for how long more.

Hope all issues will be dealt with asap and before the original website is made unavailable.
    Regards
    S

xserty wrote: »
    Hello,
    I tried to call them directly at their Customer Feedback number and after 15min on hold I decided to call it quits. They are probably receiving to many complaints about the new website,so I decided to take it here!
    First of all, the user experience and usability of the new website is appalling. To achieve simple tasks from login to a transfer I find myself having to use the mouse, select textareas, click, scroll, select, and scroll, select, click and scroll...
    Tasks that were straightforward on the old website are now so much more cumbersome.
    And I'm not talking about the extra steps required for the 2FA (I know that's a requirement), but basic tasks.

Last, but not least, CSV export does not work. Actually, it works but output is garbled with extra fields and values that make it impossible to read and use.
    Luckily, the old version of the website is still available, but not sure for how long more.

Hope all issues will be dealt with asap and before the original website is made unavailable.
    Regards
    S
    Widening the cell widths may help with the CSV file, never got to try the new app as it kept failing for me,
    overall the implementation of a new app seems to have caused a lot of problems.
    I do love it when BOI reps here give you a number and you as I have already found out, you will ALWAYS be waiting 12-15-22 mins, even up to the point where you have to give up because you dont know if they ill even answer. One of the first lines they spout in their prerecorded message, is that they are experiencing high call volumes, they have factually been playing that message or similar for years, broken record.

Hello,

Regards
    S
    Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. 

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us on your experience. Please be assured we will pass it along to the relevant team. 

In relation to CSV exporting, this is currently being looked into in order to resolve this as soon as possible. 

Thanks again, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 13 xserty

1874 wrote: »
    Hello,

Regards
    S
    Widening the cell widths may help with the CSV file, never got to try the new app as it kept failing for me,
    overall the implementation of a new app seems to have caused a lot of problems.
    I do love it when BOI reps here give you a number and you as I have already found out, you will ALWAYS be waiting 12-15-22 mins, even up to the point where you have to give up because you dont know if they ill even answer. One of the first lines they spout in their prerecorded message, is that they are experiencing high call volumes, they have factually been playing that message or similar for years, broken record.
    "broken record" lol so true!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GL scrappy

Have BOI done any kind of research into what devices their customers use?
    Do they assume that a majority of customers have new android phones(ver6 or later)? 
    Why haven't they sent the security keys already or made them easier to find/order?
    Security would be improved if you removed online services completely for all customers, why not just do that?

• Advertisement

GL scrappy wrote: »
    Have BOI done any kind of research into what devices their customers use?
    Do they assume that a majority of customers have new android phones(ver6 or later)? 
    Why haven't they sent the security keys already or made them easier to find/order?
    Security would be improved if you removed online services completely for all customers, why not just do that?
    If they did a survey, they may have gleaned some very useful information, based both on replies and on not getting replies. Id say they gathered most of their information via users of the existing app and online accounts, which likely doesnt give a good representation of customers that dont use those services as much, or have someone else use it for them.

Why they didnt take another route, Id say cost, sending out physical devices they may feel wont be used when EVERYONE uses mobile devices, Id say they are doing what is easiest and cheapest for them, whether thats the most secure or not, I dont know, but some posters have raised some points that I wouldnt be familiar with. Based on incorrect answer that reps here have given that I am aware of, it makes it seem like the reps dont know themselves or are being fed a line of bull themselves.
    So, easiest, cheapest, covers the requirements, not clear to me that its the most secure way possible.

Advertisement