Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Gruffalox wrote: »
    In real life a whole new LGB organisation was formed in the UK, a splinter group from Stonewall. It was founded late 2019 by among others Simon Fanshawe who had been a founding member of Stonewall. It has thousands of members and supporters. They argue for the implicit biological reality of sex based attraction at the foundation of homosexuality.

That is real life.

But you have not answered - do you think it is phobic if gay people ab initio exclude people with opposite sex genitalia from their dating pool? It is not about consent as that would apply in every scenario.

I don’t think it’s transphobic, but I know a gay couple where one is a trans man.

I know you’ll think me weird

But bear with me guys

I haven’t asked if the trans man has a vagina

And oh my god I’m so backward

I haven’t even asked who’s the top and who’s the bottom

But oh my god you guys

The one with the deep voice is obviously the one horsing it in to the other one.

You’d think in a small mans world.

I should have clarified, forgive me, I do not know of any issues in the real world, that I haven’t just read online regarding trans women and consent.

What?

You said you don't know anyone in the "real world" who doesn't respect consent.

There are plenty. I know a few.

What is your clarification? Bizarre how your clarification needs further clarification.

I don’t think it’s transphobic, but I know a gay couple where one is a trans man.

But bear with me guys

But oh my god you guys

The one with the deep voice is obviously the one horsing it in to the other one.

A gay couple.... Where one is a trans man..... And you are unsure as to how sex works with them.....you haven't asked if a man has a vagina?

I have a nine year old daughter. She understands how sex works. She could teach you a thing or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

So typical put majority first oppress the minority, thanks for clarifying your position.

It doesn't put the majority first as all women are:
    [adult people] bearing two X chromosomes in the cell nuclei and normally having a vagina, a uterus and ovaries, and developing at puberty a relatively rounded body and enlarged breasts, and retaining a beardless face; a girl or woman.

If you are not the above, you are a male (or intersex ;) )

Again, if one has a bearded face they can still be a women as per the definition given above.

Do you want another go?
    So have many branches of these trees do we have to hit to conform to your definition of a man or woman.

And are you 100% confident men and women even minorities don’t share some branches in common?

What is all this talk of trees and branches about exactly. I am merely explaining biological reality to you. Are you wondering how it is that humans developed into males, females and intersex people? There is quite a lot to that, and it is beyond the scope of this forum. To understand this better, I advise you embark on a degree in the biological sciences.

What?

You said you don't know anyone in the "real world" who doesn't respect consent.

There are plenty. I know a few.

What is your clarification? Bizarre how your clarification needs further clarification.

Sorry I don’t hang around with rapistS or people who commit sexual assault, I seem so square compared to you guys.

• Advertisement

Sorry I don’t hang around with rapistS or people who commit sexual assault, I seem so square compared to you guys.

How do you know you don't? I thought you didn't 'probe' into other peoples lives?

A gay couple.... Where one is a trans man..... And you are unsure as to how sex works with them.....you haven't asked if a man has a vagina?

I have a nine year old daughter. She understands how sex works. She could teach you a thing or two.

Why would I ask?

It’s sad if your child grows up as an adult with your limited view of human sexuality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

But bear with me guys

But oh my god you guys

Good. You do not think it is transphobic to have sex based attraction. We are getting somewhere. I agree with you.

About your anecdote - no one cares what people get up to in their bedrooms no matter how square you like to paint us.

It is the compulsion element that is the problem. The compelled speech or the compelled biological denialism etc.

Now that you have said you do not believe it is transphobic I have some bad news for you. You have fallen short of being acceptable as an ally. You are a biological essentialist who is permitting genital discrimination and prejudice. Genital preference is reductive and exclusionary. You are a transphobe. Welcome to the club.
    We share more than simply both eating our own home grown spuds today :)

It doesn't put the majority first as all women are:

If you are not the above, you are a male (or intersex ;) )

Again, if one has a bearded face they can still be a women as per the definition given above.

Do you want another go?

What is all this talk of trees and branches about exactly. I am merely explaining biological reality to you. Are you wondering how it is that humans developed into males, females and intersex people? There is quite a lot to that, and it is beyond the scope of this forum. To understand this better, I advise you embark on a degree in the biological sciences.

So wait now you want to include intersex people.

Wow.

A number of people I care about have been sexually assaulted.

Your framing of that is despicable.

• Advertisement

Good. You do not think it is transphobic to have sex based attraction. We are getting somewhere. I agree with you.

About your anecdote - no one cares what people get up to in their bedrooms no matter how square you like to paint us.

It is the compulsion element that is the problem. The compelled speech or the compelled biological denialism etc.

Now that you have said you do not believe it is transphobic I have some bad news for you. You have fallen short of being acceptable as an ally. You are a biological essentialist who is permitting genital discrimination and prejudice. Genital preference is reductive and exclusionary. You are a transphobe. Welcome to the club.

You need to get off Twitter and get chatted up in a pub by a trans person. It is way less complicated than the Twitterati would let you believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

That's a lovely comment.

Wow.

A number of people I care about have been sexually assaulted.

Your framing of that is despicable.

I know victims of sexual assaults I don’t know any convicted perpetrators :confused:

Why would I ask?

It’s sad if your child grows up as an adult with your limited view of human sexuality.

My child will grow up safe in the knowledge that her femininity is because of her biological make-up of being a woman.

SHE will never be a man but if she as an adult chooses to present as one when she is an adult, I will respect that. She will always be my daughter though, no matter what she chooses to present herself as.

Huh? I never excluded them. We already went over this remember. I am pointing out to you want a female is, and by extension a women. I see that you seem to be over needing clarification of the definition provided. Success!

Do you need me to go through with you what an intersex person is? I am happy to help you understand the term if you would like. :)

I know victims of sexual assaults I don’t know any convicted perpetrators :confused:

What a shock that you only surround yourself with victims!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

You need to get off Twitter and get chatted up in a pub by a trans person. It is way less complicated than the Twitterati would let you believe.

:) No pubs.

My child will grow up safe in the knowledge that her femininity is because of her biological make-up of being a woman.

SHE will never be a man but if she as an adult chooses to present as one when she is an adult, I will respect that. She will always be my daughter though, no matter what she chooses to present herself as.

Her femininity will be based on her upbringing, her location, culture that’s it.

It’s really sad you wouldn’t respect their identity.

What a shock that you only surround yourself with victims!

I know I’m so weird for not knowing any convicted perpetrators of sexual assault.

Even weirder for supporting victims.

Sounds like I’ve made some alternative’ friends here though.

Her femininity will be based on her upbringing, her location, culture that’s it.

It’s really sad you wouldn’t respect their identity.

I'm just glad that most people don't think like you do.

A little girl is a little girl. Not a little thing that can choose their sex.

Ffs.

• Advertisement

I know I’m so weird for not knowing any convicted perpetrators of sexual assault.

Well as Gruffalox said:

Hi new transphobic friend :)

You only support people that hold the same values as you.

If you know victims, it would be very unusual to not know any perpetrators. Perhaps it's true, but I have absolutely no reason to believe anything that you say considering you deny biology.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

You said "I don’t know anyone in the real world who doesn’t respect consent"
    But you know the victims of people who don't respect consent do they not matter?

I'm just glad that most people don't think like you do.

A little girl is a little girl. Not a little thing that can choose their sex.

Ffs.

I’m just perplexed you think femininity is the same from Dublin to Moscow to Myanmar to Kenya to Dubai.

Heck femininity is different in Dublin than it is in Galway.

I’m just perplexed you think femininity is the same from Dublin to Moscow to Myanmar to Kenya to Dubai.

Heck femininity is different in Dublin than it is in Galway.

Being a woman is universal.

Being a man is universal.

Being feminine is a choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

But bear with me guys

But oh my god you guys

Thats impressive self congratulatory virtue signalling.

That said you clearly have no idea about the main issues here, although they have been discussed at length on this thread. Nobody cares about this sexual alliance, the general concern is with self declaration and the access of biological men into female spaces. Do keep up.

FVP3 wrote: »
    Thats impressive self congratulatory virtue signalling.

That said you clearly have no idea about the main issues here, although they have been discussed at length on this thread. Nobody cares about this sexual alliance, the general concern is with self declaration and the access of biological men into female spaces. Do keep up.

We don’t have segregated toilets in our house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

...are you 100% confident men and women even minorities don’t share some branches in common?

intersex people would be on such a branch. but they have little to nothing to do with the trans debate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

We don’t have segregated toilets in our house.

Yeh, most people don't because toilets are mostly single use in houses, not multiple occupancy.

• Advertisement

FVP3 wrote: »
    Yeh, most people don't because toilets are mostly single use in houses, not multiple occupancy.

So you want disabled toilets to have a trans one, a female one and a male one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement