Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    With the wording of the event, it sounds like it will be just games but hope that's a herring. Surely we need to see what the console actually looks like by now though.

As much as I'd love to see the new console. I don't think it'll happen tonight.
    I'd say we'll see the console in mid to late July/ early August. But I'm as clueless
    as the next random-er;)

Some of the recent(past 24hrs) leaks* take with a massive pinch of salt..... Have been consistently similar and look similar to the later revisions of
    the PS4. But logically, that's the usual speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

J. Marston wrote: »

The music composer for horizon teasing something similar so it's looking like a sure thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I started last generation as a firm Xbox customer,although I did own a PS4 a number of times. I also started last gen as fans of Halo and many of the other exclusives.

Hovwever, I go into the next gen and the ONLY thing that MS has going for it (for me personally) is the Elite controller. I'm not excited by Halo, GoW any more.

I was blown away by so many of the exclusives on PS4 - Spiderman, God of War, Horizon: Zero Dawn being my favourites. I have a PS4 TLOU2 console preordered and I know that will be amazing too.

In fact, if I were to list my top 20 games of the last 5 years, I don't think an Xbox exclusive title gets a mention. If Sony are smart and they release their own elite controller, I think I'm PS5 next gen user.

tenor.gif?itemid=4624104

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Will disc based games require to be installed on the hard drive still?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm sticking with me original thought that it's just the games tonight, no console. From the first mention of this, it always specifically said games. I reckon there's gonna be a lot of angry fanboys without a console reveal. Surely they'd make a bigger spectacle of revealing the console.

Was thinking last night, would love a new Ratchet and Clank game. Don't think it'll happen, but would be a nice surprise.

I'd say that's a given going forward for all disc based games in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Of course. The data retrieval rate of physical media is stone age compared to what is required these days.
    Bring back cartridges!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The one thing I really want is for Sony to start varying their first party blockbusters. As good as some of the games are , almost all of their really big-name releases these days are either a) lavish open worlds (Horizon, Days Gone, Spiderman, Ghost of Tsushima) or b) lavish narrative-heavy action games (The Last of Us, God of War, Uncharted). There's a clear 'house style' across a lot of these games - albeit with obvious differences too - and I'd really like to see some of the studios involved in these games try something really different. It's quite a while since Bloodborne and The Last Guardian, and I do miss titles as idiosyncratic and non-classifiable as those.

Sony have traditionally been good at encouraging their other studios to experiment, and there was definitely examples of that this generation: Dreams, Astrobot etc... They do seem a little bit less common than before, though, and especially outside VR they've been few and far between in the last few years. I'd like to see some of the experimental spirit applied to their big name exclusives :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Honestly I think every franchise has had a "reveal" rumour today. But obviously the IMPORTANT one is Legend of Dragoon getting a remake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Final Fantasy Remake 2?
    2 Final 2 Fantasy 2 Remake 2 7

And since that's the second day in a row I've used a similar joke, instead I'll try FF7R2:Electric Cuccoloo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Browsing some of the Sony trademarks earlier and noticed Colony Wars was renewed last year. (As was Legacy of Kain in 2018, and G-Police 2016)
    Probably just regular renewal (10 years I think). But maybe. just maybe...

It's late. That's it, Sony has lost next gen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Here we go, also twitch stream ahead of youtube

They got their reveals mixed up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

GTA5: The Re:Re: Release?

Wtf is this

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Still milking that pile of shít. What a shít way to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Enhanced GTA V

• Advertisement

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    GTA5: The Re:Re: Release?

It ****ing is for jaysus sake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Them continuing to push that makes you think GTA 6 is years and years away, even more than you'd already think. Ffs.

Wow 1 mil a month is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Jaysus how far away is GTA6 so?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It's depressing that it has been 7 years since GTA V first came out and they are still re-releasing it as late as next year.

VI must be 5 years away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Spiderman straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

New Spidey

Spidey 2!!!!!!!!!! And this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

GTA V

Spidey!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness