Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant access to 5000 newspapers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

jay0109 wrote: »
    The only Sunday Independent I can find is a South African title. What exactly did you use in your search?

+1
    Tried all the Indos and didn't get the Irish one at any stage?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Search by country on https://www.pressreader.com/.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

jay0109 wrote: »
    The only Sunday Independent I can find is a South African title. What exactly did you use in your search?

(1) Use a VPN and go to any country other than Ireland.
    (2) Go to the Press Reader site and input 900000000.
    (3) Search for Sunday Independent (do not go to Ireland section).

This works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

It’s strange how it’s so variable for everyone. I wonder if the local authority library chosen affects what content you see?

Currently, I can access the Irish and Sunday independent (without VPN).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Sarn wrote: »
    It’s strange how it’s so variable for everyone. I wonder if the local authority library chosen affects what content you see?

Currently, I can access the Irish and Sunday independent (without VPN).

I can too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,275 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I have account with Cork City Library. I can see:
    • Irish Independent
    • Sunday Independent
    • Irish Examiner
    • Daily Mirror
    • Sunday Mirror
    • Bunch of local papers

When I go to browse by country and scroll to Ireland, I can see 39 options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

dulpit wrote: »
    I have account with Cork City Library. I can see:
    • Irish Independent
    • Sunday Independent
    • Irish Examiner
    • Daily Mirror
    • Sunday Mirror
    • Bunch of local papers

When I go to browse by country and scroll to Ireland, I can see 39 options.

When on VPN you should see 75

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I used US VPN. Then I wrote 900000000 on the search button. Nothing is happening on the site and it keeps loading.
    Do I need to download pressreader app?

P.S. without VPN, I can see Sunday Independent, but then it's locked access.
    JTMan wrote: »
    (1) Use a VPN and go to any country other than Ireland.
    (2) Go to the Press Reader site and input 900000000.
    (3) Search for Sunday Independent (do not go to Ireland section).

This works.

I used US VPN. Then I wrote 900000000 on the search button. Nothing is happening on the site and it keeps loading.

900000000 gets input into the library card number box on the homepage of the desktop version of the website.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The number 9000000 (9 and 7 zeros) should go in the log in box, where it says library n., not in the search box.

• Advertisement

Thanks. I found the place where it says library number.
    It suggested Kerry Country Library and I selected it, then I tried with both 9 with 7 & 8 zeros. It says invalid number.
    But later on gave me complimentary access for 30 days.

Thanks for the help.
    New Home wrote: »
    The number 9000000 (9 and 7 zeros) should go in the log in box, where it says library n., not in the search box.

Thanks. I found the place where it says library number.
    It suggested Kerry Country Library and I selected it, then I tried with both 9 with 7 & 8 zeros. It says invalid number.
    But later on gave me complimentary access for 30 days.

Thanks for the help.

You could just join your local library? https://www.librariesireland.ie/join-your-library

Are there any charges? I can't seem to find the cost of joining library Ireland?
    You could just join your local library? https://www.librariesireland.ie/join-your-library

Are there any charges? I can't seem to find the cost of joining library Ireland?

No, libraries are free. :D

I have successfully opened an online account. It says I need to go in person to collect my library card. But they have provided a number that I can use and its working very well on PressReader app (android).

I can open Sunday Independent and Irish Independent without any problem.

Anyone recommend any other papers? Looking for bargain food deals. :D
    No, libraries are free. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,758 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the INM titles disappeared for me last week, but they were back over the weekend - Wicklow CC libraries.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,758 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

loyatemu wrote: »
    the INM titles disappeared for me last week, but they were back over the weekend - Wicklow CC libraries.

and they're gone again, Examiner gone as well this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MunsterM

loyatemu wrote: »
    and they're gone again, Examiner gone as well this time.

Same here - INM titles gone again ,and the Examiner also. Cork County libraries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

INM titles gone even with a VPN this time. Irish Times is still available with a VPN.

Weird, I can see the indo, times (which is new for me) and examiner. This is on android app, Cork City libraries.

• Advertisement

Weird, I can see the Independent, Times (which is new for me) and Examiner. This is on android app, no VPN or anything and with Cork City Libraries...

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ruddy1987

Weird, I can see the Independent, Times (which is new for me) and Examiner. This is on android app, no VPN or anything and with Cork City Libraries...

Anyone else still see the info or is it gone gone now ?

ruddy1987 wrote: »

I still have access to the Irish Independent and Irish Times using a VPN (Hola) on the desktop version of the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

ruddy1987 wrote: »

It was there last night, but now is gone this morning.. strange..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭NewClareman

The Indo and Cork Examiner are gone this morning - Kerry County Library. They have been gone for some time on Limerick County Library.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Lost The Kerryman last Wednesday week and haven't seen it again.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

I wonder if it is down to the efficiency of different libraries In updating their catalogues? It would explain the rolling disappearance of certain titles.

Update for Cork City - can still see Indo and Irish Times but when I click in I get a message which says I can't download due to request from publisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Dublinmuppet

I’m Fingal library and Indo gone this morning I haven’t had Irish Times in ages.

• Advertisement

Very annoying this, lost indo and examiner. Can still get the times though vpn but don’t normally read it and prefer the indo and examiner. Fingers crossed it comes back again.

Advertisement