Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant access to 5000 newspapers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You've one zero too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Yes have tried that not working with Wexford to many devices ( prompts to manage devices) also tried with Dublin,Donegal invalid number

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

Was using for last month using Wexford 8000.. number now expired have tried using 90000000 not working any suggestions

A random 8-digit number starting with 3 was working for me until a few days ago. Now it still works, but I can only see the front page of each magazine or newspaper. When I try to read any articles it just goes back to the main page.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Any ideas how long it takes a magazine to appear on the app? 3days and no sign yet

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It should be instantaneous, AFAIK, but I stand to be corrected. It definitely is on the webpage, anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

New Home wrote: »
    It should be instantaneous, AFAIK, but I stand to be corrected. It definitely is on the webpage, anyway.

Oh I'll check there thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,080 ✭✭✭mada999

are all titles locked now ? it's asking me to sign up to 'premium' ? havent been on the site in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

mada999 wrote: »
    are all titles locked now ? it's asking me to sign up to 'premium' ? havent been on the site in a while

900000000 still works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,080 ✭✭✭mada999

JTMan wrote: »
    900000000 still works for me.

Ithanks for that but I have a proper library card... wondering have subscriptions changed

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Ithanks for that but I have a proper library card... wondering have subscriptions changed
    no they havent AFAIK. i have a proper library card and everything working fine this moring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Is it possible that 12 months have passed since your card was physically scanned into the system at your local library?

If you don’t present it at least once a year in the flesh, so to speak, then the online services stop working till you scan it at the library again.

Gone for me now as well on all devices, and I’ve definitely used my card at library recently.
    Don’t know what’s the cause. They just have a ropey system I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

No, working away with the proper library number for me.

BTW this is Bargain Alert of the decade.

No, working away with the proper library number for me.

BTW this is Bargain Alert of the decade.

Thanks.
    Yep. It’s awesome when it works properly.
    Glad to hear yours is working ok. That at least means they haven’t stopped it completely and it may be just a glitch for some libraries or cards.
    I’m using a Kerry library card. May I ask what county your card is from, Arthur Daley?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Dublin is working away fine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Click the link on the first post and straight in.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Click the link on the first post and straight in.

Not working for me either. Can log in but can only see front page of publications.

Soon as I use the next page button, or click something in the table of contents, it redirects me to some kind of "Your favorite (sic) news" page with a load of articles from Canadian news sources!

Something gone very fubar. Pressdisplay UI is horrendous compared to the proper Pressreader apps or website, but it would tide me over till the main services worked again for me. Now even that's gone. :(

The only library newspaper thing I have now is that Proquest thing that Kerry Library website links.
    Proquest is like the love child of Windows 2.0 and a Motorola WAP phone from 1998.
    No use whatsover. It can't find anything unless you know the exact headline of the article you are seeking, and even then it fails a lot o the time. No images, no formatting unless you count a plain text file as formatting. :(

I tried the link on the 1st post of this thread just now and I came up with a blank page. Then I noticed there was a warning to say the page was not secure. I changed the URL from http://library.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx to https://library.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx and it worked ok again. Could your problem be similar?

Unfortunately no.

https isn't staying set for me on Pressdisplay, it keeps bouncing back to http as soon as I press enter and the page loads. Tried it on Chrome and Firefox. same result.

I suspect there is something up with the card database of the library or something, because I had to get a new library number a few years ago as the older number stopped working with the Borrowbox ebook service, and nothing the librarians tried would revive the card number on that service, even though it worked for RBDigital magazines service.

Have you tried with the number 9000000 instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

duridian wrote: »
    Gone for me now as well on all devices, and I’ve definitely used my card at library recently.
    Don’t know what’s the cause. They just have a ropey system I guess.

Same Issue. The Pressreader app library login stopped working for me on New Year's Day.

Library card does not login when you enter the pin. Instead when you click on a newspaper it asks you to confirm that you want to pay for it.

Tried a second library card and had same issue.

Checked my library card on Borrowbox app and it is showing as out of date. So I will need to go to the library to do a card renewal and see whether that resolves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

It's working for me again, but wasn't yesterday. I found that my library card number didn't work for me, but a random 8-digit number starting with 3 works fine.

Can't get the old Pressdisplay site or the Pressreader app to work.:mad:

What is really annoying about this is that the county library structure is now supposed to be a fully integrated national library service.

Yet Pressreader still seems to be offered by only a handful of county libraries around the country.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

9000000 just worked for me.
    My actual library card number didn't.

spurious wrote: »

For Pressdisplay website only? I got in there just now but earlier it was kicking me out.

I presume this 9000000 number doesn't work to access the Pressreader app?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I didn't try the app, just the website.

New Home wrote: »
    Have you tried with the number 9000000 instead?

Tried it, yesterday but it was not working for me on anything, whether apps or website.

Tried it again just now on the Pressdisplay version of website and it seemed to work, as I can access pages of the Irish Independent other than the cover.

Thanks for the tip. Hope the other version returns, but this will keep me going for now.
    Cheers! :)

For those still having issuing logging into the Pressreader App with their library card.

I called into my local library branch after work today.

The librarian confirmed that my card had expired at the end of the year. It took her just a few seconds to reactivate it. From what I could see on her monitor she just advanced the expiry date by a year.

Just tried to login with PressReader using the card and it works now again.

My library card seems to be working fine in Pressreader app again today.

I guess it was some bug or glitch after all, which probably went unnoticed until now by library service due to the Christmas break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

spurious wrote: »

Not working for me today.
    Is the 9xxx number for the Dub library?

Advertisement