Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

The whole Tik tok thing !

Over hyped ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Now that my friend has childcare sorted she is looking for a job.

Yes she found one that would suit her perfectly, use her skills and help her move onto to independant living away from an advantage taking family. She got pregnant by 'accident' in her final year and the college and training body treated her disgracefully so she wasnt able to sit her final exams.

She told her friend about how horrible she feels about not being able to apply for the job, he tells her to not think about the past and find a job(lower paid and in the wrong location)she can get!

Yes, Logical but not at all what she needed to hear, fgsp tone matters! context matters!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I know it's probably been said before but it's just so annoying when someone joins a thread late and only reads the OP. Grand if it's a mad long thread with loads of responses but I mean this scenario.

OP: Hi everyone, my dogs low on iron, what can I feed him to help?

Reply1: try liver

Reply2: yeah agreed, liver is great.

Reply3: my dog had low iron, I fed him liver and it worked a treat.

One whole week later (or month or even year!!!!)
    Reply4: You should try liver.

:(

Edited to add: even more annoying when the OP had come back already saying the problem is sorted but Jonny come lately still gives his redundant opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

SAMTALK wrote: »
    The whole Tik tok thing !

Over hyped ****e

100%. And don't get me started on the idiots who were recording themselves on it doing dangerous stunts with farm machinery for the "bantz". Darwinism in all its glory.

My TA: cannot stomach the vinegary smell off most of the hand sanitisers on the way into shops, particularly Lidl. Rank. Makes me NOT want to abide to the protocols.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

people that forward on an email and ask you to look at it urgently. they received the email a week ago.

Yes! There's a saying along the lines of 'bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine' which sums that TA up, for me.
    I know it's probably been said before but it's just so annoying when someone joins a thread late and only reads the OP. Grand if it's a mad long thread with loads of responses but I mean this scenario.

Edited to add: even more annoying when the OP had come back already saying the problem is sorted but Jonny come lately still gives his redundant opinion.

Yes, it's a TA of mine on Facebook. Someone asks for recommendations for a garage for example. Instead of posters just seconding recommendations, they post the same thing again (and again and again...). Until there's fifty posts all saying 'John Smith'.

And then Johnny Come Lately arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ppl sending me important documents in Foxfire(we are told to use Chrome)
    As I don't use it, takes ages to open/instll and I have no time for that today.

Fe8k off sending me docs you forgot, in a foreign format, not in the form for it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Too hot to sit directly in the sun, too chilly to sit in the shade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Trivially annoyed that my oncologist looks through me when he walks past me in the onc day ward corridor. I don’t expect special treatment but a little nod after five years might be nice? It’s so hard to go in there most of the time and I just feel like a number when I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Too hot to sit directly in the sun, too chilly to sit in the shade.

TA'd I don't have the choice and have to sit in an office

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Working from home: On a lengthy conference call and we decide to have a short break. I muted my mic during the call as I was not speaking for a while but turned it back on to agree to take a break. When I stood up from my desk the cat had entered the room and I started talking to her in my extremely silly cat lady voice...
    Then about a minute later I realised I'd forgotten to mute my mic again... a mesage popped up on the call chat from one of the participants asking one of the other women on it to mute her mic!
    We are not using video to conserve bandwidth so I think I got away with it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Still on a teleconference...one of the other participants appears to have fallen asleep...I can hear snoring!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Sh!te music. I'm talking about Hudson Taylor here. Maybe if I was going to a barn dance in the Lord of the rings I might like it. Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Saw a poster on boards use DH

Darling husband

Grrrrrr :mad: keep that to mumsnet and outta here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I want to buy tshirts online but I don't know whether to order medium or large. I generally fall in between the 2 and I know that if it didn't fit I wouldn't get around to returning it and would be annoyed with myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I want to buy tshirts online but I don't know whether to order medium or large. I generally fall in between the 2 and I know that if it didn't fit I wouldn't get around to returning it and would be annoyed with myself.

My hubs has that issue too. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Someone posting daily photos of his shirtless self holding up a drink inthe garden

"Training"
    "The struggle is real"
    "Hard day in the office".

And tags his girlfriend who he lives with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

People who don't respond to friendly occasional keeping in touch messages for months on end but bombard you with texts/phonecalls/messages across multiple mediums immediately when they decide they need a response from you. Fek off, it's not urgent. I'll get back to you when I feel like it and your attempts at feigning interest in how I am are obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Still on a teleconference...one of the other participants appears to have fallen asleep...I can hear snoring!!!

I was in one last week where one of the participants was driving

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Someone posting daily photos of his shirtless self holding up a drink inthe garden

"Training"
    "The struggle is real"
    "Hard day in the office".

And tags his soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend who he lives with.

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA when someone tells me that because I play video games and create online video content, I've got too much time on my hands.

F*ck off like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

TA when someone tells me that because I play video games and create online video content, I've got too much time on my hands.

F*ck off like.

Now man. I was never into video games, etc but those who say they are for kids, your to old for them generally are fairly boring adults and the highlight of there day is a radio show going out about people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Have you considered trying liver?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Saw a poster on boards use DH

Darling husband

Grrrrrr :mad: keep that to mumsnet and outta here

Then literally two posts later!
    My hubs...

:D

My TA is your brain giving you bone-chilling nightmares despite being able to give you pleasant flying dreams or the like. What evil design is this? I

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

YouTube recommended.
    I watch one Joe Rogan video and I'm bombarded by his clips from the ****ty algorithm.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

TA that for the past few days I've had a twitchy eyelid on and off.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Putting things in a fridge that don't belong or need to be there, especially in small shared fridges in the workplace where space is at a premium. Honey definitely doesn't need to be in a fridge, also a lot of fruits are fine outside if you intend to eat them that day.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Then literally two posts later!
    ? I

TA ......following on from hubs ..........’peeps’ and ‘holibops’ :rolleyes::rolleyes:

People parking their cars at a bend.

Just because there aren’t double yellow lines doesn’t mean it’s grand to park there, idiots.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New Home wrote: »
    503s all over the shop again! :mad:

AND AGAIN!! What's wrong with those poor ickle hamsters?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Having to pay customs on a few items I bought online :( Do they not realise they’re gifts to me :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement