Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

So do you hate all the staff or just the guys at the top?

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

A lot of “words” there E, but none address my “point”. Why is a Canadian astronaut appearing in an Irish “advert” when he has no “connection” to Ireland? Astronauts are not considered “celebrities” outside did their own “countries”. I have no “interest” in hearing about Kevin Bacon or Winston Wolff etc.

I, honestly, can’t explain any further. The dude is “famous”, people know who he is.

Electric Ireland chose him to be their “brand ambassador” and paid him accordingly.

It’s that simple. You may not like it is. You might have “preferred” Richie Kavanagh but you’re not in a position to make that call for that “particular” company.

Sorry, but that’s just the way it goes. Maybe you should write them a letter?

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I, honestly, can’t explain any further. The dude is “famous”, people know who he is.

Electric Ireland chose him to be their “brand ambassador” and paid him accordingly.

It’s that simple. You may not like it is. You might have “preferred” Richie Kavanagh but you’re not in a position to make that call for that “particular” company.

Sorry, but that’s just the way it goes. Maybe you should write them a letter?

Thanks for the valuable “input” E. I think you might be better “sticking” to the scat threads. That seems to be your area of “expertise”.

Thanks for the valuable “input” E. I think you might be better “sticking” to the scat threads. That seems to be your area of “expertise”.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advertising?wprov=sfti1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Hadfield?wprov=sfti1

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

As I said E, stick to “what you know”. You are the “scat king” but you are off on a complete “tangent” here. None of your “posts” have answered my simple question. Why was he “picked” over dozens of others who actually have some “connection” to Ireland?

• Advertisement

As I said E, stick to “what you know”. You are the “scat king” but you are off on a complete “tangent” here. None of your “posts” have answered my simple question. Why was he “picked” over dozens of others who actually have some “connection” to Ireland?

Advertising.

The tide is turning…

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note Lads take it to PM if you want to chat about this. Noone else is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

*glitch*

what's up when even your hair hurts?

ta'd at head aching.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Brands want a recognisable face to front their advertising campaigns, the nationality of the person is irrelevant. This has been explained to you repeatedly.

I understand you wanting to emulate the great Emmet, he's one of my favourite posters too, but I'm not sure it's working for you.

I'd go so far as to say it's strange. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm ta I didn't realise what thread I was in, nor did I see the mod post.

I'll slink away now. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Too warm to sleep, then the cat started throwing up hairballs. Even more wide awake now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Too warm to sleep, then the cat started throwing up hairballs. Even more wide awake now.

Mine sat on my head and scrunched my hair in his front paws. He's beyond weird. I think he has anxiety. Hes either sitting on my chest right under my chin, on my head or shoulder, wrapped around my ankles like a furry ball and chain. He wont settle for sleeping beside me anymore. Thankfully no hairballs!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at getting distracted and letting my coffee go cold .
    Porklife wrote: »
    ****ty corkscrews. Tried to open a bottle of wine and the cork crumbled to bits. Determined, I pulled the corkscrew out and tried again on a not crumbling bit but the handle came off the corkscrew and it's stuck in the bottle so now I have no wine and no corkscrew.
    My friend works in an off licence and I asked him what to do and he said "a crumbly cork is a sign of a good wine". Well how the hell does that help me?!
    That's like people saying it's good luck when a bird ****s on you. No it isn't! I just got turd on my freshly washed hair! Was a questionnaire circulated to anyone who got shat on a week later and asked how much luck they encountered afterwards?!
    I want wine :(

I got shat on this day last week I think or maybe the week before and I got feck all luck! :mad:

TA people harassing Dominic Cummings for making an appropriate decision re. His child with autism.
    Some really sick behaviour, people congregating outside his house to intimidate.
    Too stupid to understand the exemption for caring for a vulnerable relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Alexa quiz

Alexa. “You may choose your answer from the following A, B, C or D”
    Me. “C”
    Alexa. “Good try, but the answer is “C”

Or worse

Me. “Azores”
    Alexa. “That is incorrect, the answer is The Azores”

Aaaaaaghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Ta'd at getting distracted and letting my coffee go cold .

I got shat on this day last week I think or maybe the week before and I got feck all luck! :mad:

I was shat on twice within munites a few years ago by gulls. Shlt down the front of my jacket - got napkin from cafe, cleaned up a bit, crossed the road and a gull shat down the front of my jacket again.
    20 minutes later, a bird shlt landed on the ground a foot in front of me.
    I did the lotto.
    Didn't win anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭blackbox

Bought a pair of shorts online, identical size and brand to a pair of worn out 10 year old ones.
    My hands can barely fit into the pockets, phone...forget it.

Maybe the old ones grew with you over the years!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

You know how facebook pops up with those birthday reminders?
    Yeah well, sometimes it's just a bad idea - BAD BAD feature, blasted bookface! :mad:

I didnae expect to hear his voice. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

TA people harassing Dominic Cummings for making an appropriate decision re. His child with autism.
    Some really sick behaviour, people congregating outside his house to intimidate.

Go away out of that. Taking a trip to a tourist attraction to "check his eyesight" was looking after his vulnerable relative?? What a load of ****e. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I can see how that would be controversial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People who get scammed and then moan about it.Im talking bout the people who buy off Marketplace.They buy phones worth a grand for 1/2 price then moan they got scammed.Well duh.

you are being quite naive ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I had booked a museum guided tour in March and it cost €27. Pricy but it lasts a few hours and I’ve done these before

It got canceled due to the whole situation but I didn’t want a refund, I just enquired can we rebook later in the year :)

I send a lovely email in March and another in April saying this. In May I sent a frustrated email

Today this morning I opened a paypal dispute which was my first time saying I was forced into this due to bad communication and they ignored me

I checked my spam folder also today for the first time and all their replies from March, April and May were there and they would welcome me on a rebooking later this year

I am TA’d with myself! Acted like an ass

PayPal dispute closed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

There's a cherry-picker in the warehouse outside my office for the past 20 minutes and its constant beep-beeping as it moves is wrecking me head!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

503s all over the shop again! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Local bar doing take away.
    One customer at a time.
    Some dick spends over 10 minutes chatting while I was waiting outside. He could see me!
    Got fed up and left!

Estate agents who don't mark newly leased properties as leased.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

New Home wrote: »

I was trying to figure out what were these 503's in the shop. I had to Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

New Home wrote: »
    I was trying to figure out what were these 503's in the shop. I had to Google it.

:D
    download.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

people that forward on an email and ask you to look at it urgently. they received the email a week ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement