Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭gifted

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Are you in a time warp... Christmas day was yesterday :P

We still haven't visited the family in Cork yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

gifted wrote: »
    We still haven't visited the family in Cork yet....

So your name is from the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The thought of work tomorrow. I’m horribly, horribly allergic to the idea. Can I just quit alreadyyyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Yesterday I took the dogs for a walk into town around half ten in the evening. Shop street was really quite, less than ten people out for a walk, so I let my two off the leash to have a run around. The dogs were just ahead of me darting back and forth, having a good smell of everything, when next thing I hear a car speeding up behind us. I was so afraid he was going to hit one of the dogs because they are so small and were running everywhere and he was in their path. I didn't have time to grab them as I was also minding a friend's dog who can't be let off leash or she'll do a runner, so I flagged him and told him to slow down. He wasn't impressed and I barely got my two before he speed off again.

What an as$shole. I don't know if he was drunk or high but shop street in Galway is no place for cars and if you are going to be a d!ckhead and chance taking a short cut, at least don't speed! It really shook me up how close he came to running one of them over.

Dog owners who won't control their dogs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,123 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Fecking pee'd off and tired. At the GF's family's Stephen's Day get together yesterday, which descended into most of the guests going down to the local for a few drinks. Didn't mind that bit as I could watch the soccer matches, and was only drinking Heineken 0.0 or Lucozade as I have a bit of a dose on me and had to be up at 7AM this morning.

The GF knew this, and also knows that I grow impatient if I am in a pub not drinking. Yet, I had to practically beg her to go back home at 10PM to get some sleep, and offered to give her a lift home provided she wasn't too late (bearing in mind it was her family's gig so there would have been plenty of lifts the short journey home). Except, she didn't ring me till after 1AM- in the meantime her parents had brought her sister and BIL back to the house. What's worse, her parents were just sitting there in the living room oblivious to the fact that maybe she needed to be collected, and seemingly not giving a damn that I was the only one in the house that has to work today. I suppose I am not the favourite son-in-law though so it is to be expected. Restless night sleep then as I was fuming (and the GF was noisy beside me :D)

I know, their house yadayada. But inconsideration for others is a massive TA. And it's not the first time its happened either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Catarrh. Had it for the last 5 or 6 days and it’s making me tired and cranky. I just know that by the time it clears up, the holidays will be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA#1
    Whenever I say 'Merry Christmas', I then feel pressured by society to make sure I write "or whatever it is you celebrate" so I don't "OFFEND" anyone.

So, even though I am, 80% of the time, the nicest person in the world, who gives to charity when the opportunity arises, who is friendly with everyone I speak to, who treats his fiancée like an angel every day, who makes his work colleagues laugh all the time - - it's all undone, and I'm an inconsiderate, prejudiced, ignorant wánker because I wished everyone a Merry Christmas and one person might have said "excuse me, how dare you, I don't celebrate Christmas as I'm atheist/agnostic and I don't believe in it. Don't be so rude"*
    *hypothetical

People are so nice.

TA#2
    I'm in Day 5 of my dose, I've gone through 1 and 1/2 boxes of Lemsip, a full cough bottle, and now I'm on the Benylin Day & Night. So far my Xmas holidays have been nothing but hangover, followed by sore throat, followed by cough, followed by blocked nose, followed by headache, followed by both of the latters at once. My make-shift wastebin (it's an empty smyth's bag) is filled with discarded tissues, Strepsil boxes and empty water bottles and I have no desire to drag the f*cking thing downstairs.

Trivial Relief: I got my first fizzy drink in 4 days today because they made my throat a nightmare, a lovely bottle of Irn-Bru and it was an absolute delight. Scotland's finest saft drink indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,136 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Are you in a time warp... Christmas day was yesterday :P

hqdefault.jpg
    I've seen you wrapping presents when it's not Christmas...doesn't have the same ring somehow.

My TA: wrong order from Mocha Beans two days running:mad:
    Chocolate muffin when I asked for a mocha one and plain hot chocolate when I asked for a white; they're force-feeding me choc:P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,366 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When a snoker say they don't smell of smoke.

You do! No matter how many times you shower or you've put on clean clothes Today.
    If your a non smoker you can get the smell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

Starlink etc, mildly TA'd i wasn't consulted on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I took the house apart on christmas eve and I couldn't find the flakey pastry as mentioned, trifle ingredients and cream.
    I know I bought them, I remember well putting them where I could find them easily when needed.

TA, going through a phase of loosing/misplacing things, Im usually very on top of that kind of thing.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Got my work eval last week, a mixed bag as always. The guy who wrote it is well aware of the issues that caused the single negative thing on it.
    I messaged him to find when would suit to call as I wanted to clarify some things he had put on it, that I felt didnt need to be broadcast and had imo no reason to be there.

First he was late picking up, then he kept saying 'what' and insisted on taking the institutions side in the row, followed up by telling me he 'didnt understand' an item he had for 3 weeks and only now tells me he doesn't understand. Then he asks 'if I was ok, as he had never seen me so annoyed, was it my time?' followed by a lot of other faux/patronising concerns for 'me'

Then he backtracks pretty much everything(ah the power of an angry woman!)
    TA I can't figure out if he deliberately triggering me or he's just that uninformed and now we have a face to face after his llloooonnnggg christmas holiday!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Got a phone call this morning at 8.30 that woke me up, was a bit groggy when i answered it

It was an Asian woman who I couldnt fully understand, i did hear the words feedback and graduate role, and when asked if i was free now i assumed it was interview feedback from a role i didnt get a few weeks back

Not long up and decided to google the number, turns out its from another place i applied to and while she’s calling back Monday, i am an awful dope

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Stabbing myself twice in the same hand with the same knife and then opening a glass bottle of sriracha sauce and as I was turning the cover a bit of glass broke off near top as I was turning it and stabbed me again.......you mother F@@##r :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Dog owners who won't control their dogs.....
    Are you taking the p!ss? Shop street is pedestrianised and two maltese running around with no one there were not causing any issues :rolleyes: The car driver was completely at fault. Cars are not supposed to be on shop street. Especially not speeding. Did that go over your head? My dogs had every right to be running around. The driver had no right to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Stabbing myself twice in the same hand with the same knife and then opening a glass bottle of sriracha sauce and as I was turning the cover a bit of glass broke off near top as I was turning it and stabbed me again.......you mother F@@##r :mad:

God bless the stomach on you that you can reach for the sriracha the day after Stephen's Day! Hats off! Did you manage to keep the hot stuff away from the wound at least?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sardonicat wrote: »
    God bless the stomach on you that you can reach for the sriracha the day after Stephen's Day! Hats off! Did you manage to keep the hot stuff away from the wound at least?

I did indeed, don't ask.me how but I somehow managed it 😛

Personal TA that I can easily fix but never bother to.

I have my TV and game console sitting against one wall, and my desktop computer sitting on the wall adjacent to it, and my TA is that when I want to watch something or play something, I keep getting distracted by something on the other screen, and just like a phone, I HAVE to look, and then I spend about an hour on the thing. I could turn it off, but I'm following a postal ord- D'YA SEE WHAT I MEAN?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I did indeed, don't ask.me how but I somehow managed it 😛

BRAVO.

If that were me, it would not only have landed in the wound but would have somehow ended up in my eye, on the ceiling and a door handle at the opposite end of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA is meeting siblings and their OH's.
    I'm showered , shaved cleanly, aftershave, deodorant and just as I'm going in for hugs /kisses I let slip the stinkiest, but wrenching fart.
    One that sticks around !

• Advertisement

cjmc wrote: »
    I'm showered , shaved cleanly, aftershave, deodorant and just as I'm going in for hugs /kisses I let slip the stinkiest, but wrenching fart.
    One that sticks around !

Always, always, do the farting in the shower. Nothing worse :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Always, always, do the farting in the shower. Nothing worse :pac::pac::pac:

I didn't know it was coming.
    It just slipped out . Mortified

I didn't know it was coming.
    It just slipped out . Mortified

unlucky man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I am absolutely dying with a cold and am in sh1t form. On top of this I'm having a total nightmare with the PayPal resolution centre. I ordered an item in September that never arrived. I opened a dispute and the seller was quick enough to respond then, assuring me that they would send on the item. They never once replied to a direct email from me. I took this in good faith and didn't proceed with the dispute. I still haven't received my item so I contacted the resolution centre again and am being sent messages telling me how to go about it but the options they are telling me to click are not there. I JUST WANT A FCUKIN REFUND, WAAAAAAAAAAAAA :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

One that sticks around !

Excellent - bet you had the room cleared sharpish then. :D

Nothing better than a good ripping fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A cold and cough and aches that has literally floored me . I can’t even raise myself out of bed .

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Watching Celebrity Catchphrase. Not only are they all incredibly slow, but Fiz from Coronation St keeps sniffing her fingers and it’s really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

When you're home alone and your dog wants to go outside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

People who think they're "edgy" when they've about as much edges as a bar of soap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Still have a couple's wine and boardgames night to have over this Christmas period despite being drained from all the family and friends catch ups so far. Just want a few days on my own.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement