Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

stovecoal wrote: »
    Ported from prepaid Tesco Mobile yesterday. Reception at home is not as good but outside it's much better than Tesco.

On Gomo at home I mainly get 3G with a single bar and I might get 3Mbps download. Outside I am getting 4G and downloads up to 50Mbps.

I have a Motorola Moto G4 and I have noticed that when I turn off WiFi on the phone, reception changes from 3G to a low 4G. I am getting an improvement of up to 8Mbps in this case.

I have Virgin Media for broadband. Just wondering is it possible that my WiFi is interfering with the Gomo signal?

If your phone is connected to WiFi, it has absolutely no need to be on 4G as it only uses that for data. That would explain why it falls back to 3G. Same as happens when you make/receive calls.

jakdublin wrote: »
    If you're on PAYG you can have a number active and just pay standard rates if you need to make a call. You just need to top up every so often. Tin Pin has pointed out that GoMo isn't PAYG so if I cancel the SIM the number will go. I'll talk to them at the time (hopefully they won't be as busy!) to see can they do anything or otherwise I'll port it to a PAYG operator.

With Three PAYG, you don't even need to top up every so often to keep a SIM active. I have one that hasn't been topped up in a few years and it's still active. Best option is to just port that SIM out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Quackster wrote: »
    With Three PAYG, you don't even need to top up every so often to keep a SIM active. I have one that hasn't been topped up in a few years and it's still active. Best option is to just port that SIM out.

Your wrong.

A three sim dies if unused for 6 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Same here! As long as some texts are sent to it from webtext even and a few incoming calls now and again it seems to stay active!!

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Your wrong.

A three sim dies if unused for 6 months

I'm pretty sure that it's just unused credit that disappears after six months, but open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

Yea but what are you doing on your phone that requires you to have 16Mbps download? Nothing i would imagine.

A lot of streaming so I would have settled on 5-10. 1 is just not acceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

A lot of streaming so I would have settled on 5-10. 1 is just not acceptable.

What location were you in?

I'm pretty sure that it's just unused credit that disappears after six months, but open to correction.

Correct. If you don't make a chargeable use at least once every six months, your remaining credit is reduced to zero.

But your SIM remains active for incoming service indefinitely in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Correct. If you don't make a chargeable use at least once every six months, your remaining credit is reduced to zero.

But your SIM remains active for incoming service indefinitely in my experience.

I thought exactly the same! Have an O2 SIM for years as well and never topped it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

After porting, my voicemail won't work, says invalid no. Anyone have similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Happened me. 13 days later still trying to get them to sort it. Complaint lodged with comreg over them. Gomo couldn’t care less.

Did you get this sorted yet? I am three days now unable to receive calls or texts and they are more or less uncontactable! I have gotten onto Virgin Mobile to see if they can reverse the port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Did you get this sorted yet? I am three days now unable to receive calls or texts and they are more or less uncontactable! I have gotten onto Virgin Mobile to see if they can reverse the port.

I've not heard of one case of that being possible

Happened me. 13 days later still trying to get them to sort it. Complaint lodged with comreg over them. Gomo couldn’t care less.

Is there any way of engaging Gomo other than chat?

Their chat support must have said something!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

lawred2 wrote: »

email, chat, support form submission, twitter, facebook messanger...

Their chat support was infuriating, they wanted the numbers, dates and times of when i couldn't receive calls or texts! in the end they have 'escalated it' but that will take a number of working days

Bluefoam wrote: »
    email, chat, support form submission, twitter, facebook messanger...

contacted them via facebook and twitter on wed morning both came back this morning asking have i tried turning the phone off and on. Replied immediately and no response since

they are a joke

contacted them via facebook and twitter on wed morning both came back this morning asking have i tried turning the phone off and on. Replied immediately and no response since

they are a joke

oooof

I ported in minutes but my wife is set up for porting next week. Honestly I couldn't bear the grief I'd get if her number went awol...

It was me that added her number to my account. It would just something that would happen to her (me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

oooof

I ported in minutes but my wife is set up for porting next week. Honestly I couldn't bear the grief I'd get if her number went awol...

It was me that added her number to my account. It would just something that would happen to her (me)

I've asked this but nobody seems to want to say!

Did your 2nd sim for your wife appear in your GoMo online account, as in, are both sims listed when you log into GoMo or do you have two online GoMo accounts?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Anyone having problem with gmail emails? every since I ported over last weekend having emails stuck in my outbox - never had this issue with Vodafone

Using mobile data and stuck in outbox turned on roaming and then were sent but never had to do this with Vodafone

also does anyone know how to check how much data you have used?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭BowWow

Cuttlefish wrote: »
    Anyone having problem with gmail emails? every since I ported over last weekend having emails stuck in my outbox - never had this issue with Vodafone

On Gomo 2 weeks now, no issues with gmail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

TheDriver wrote: »
    After porting, my voicemail won't work, says invalid no. Anyone have similar?

Yeah, happened to me. Just be patient, it will work eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭BowWow

does anyone know how to check how much data you have used?

Asked and answered countless times in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dfarrelly96

Did your 2nd sim for your wife appear in your GoMo online account, as in, are both sims listed when you log into GoMo or do you have two online GoMo accounts?

My parents registered both their numbers in one account and both numbers are showing in the account.

two numbers in the one account

5 family members have ported now without any major issues... My mother is now waiting for her Vodafone contract to expire (in the distant future), then she'll move over too.

Very impressed so far.

• Advertisement

BowWow wrote: »
    On Gomo 2 weeks now, no issues with gmail.

Cheers, am getting some emails but If i sent one to myself sits in the outbox never ever had problems with Vodafone

BowWow wrote: »
    Asked and answered countless times in this thread.

And how or do I have to trawl through the thread?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Not quite sure why people would be signing up this late in the month tbh, wait and sign up tomorrow and then your 9.99 activation fee covers you through to the 1st December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Cheers, am getting some emails but If i sent one to myself sits in the outbox never ever had problems with Vodafone

Check your Gmail settings. Sounds like your outgoing server is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Crank Stain

I'm watching this with interest as the offer seems too good to be true.

I'm on RTG at €20 a month and I'm reluctant to sign up to this offer, I can't incurr extra charges or avail of extra services outside my package, and I'm happy with that, my phone will only ever cost €20 a month.

The Gomo T&C's on the other hand have a few pages worth of extra charges that will arise when you avail of a service outside your plan, you dont seem to be prevented from doing so, as I am on RTG.

I'd be intersted in feedback in the future from anyone who has signed up and has had a few months worth of bills, to see if it's possible to avail of the service for €9.99 a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'm on RTG at €20 a month and I'm reluctant to sign up to this offer, I can't incurr extra charges or avail of extra services outside my package, and I'm happy with that, my phone will only ever cost €20 a month.

The Gomo T&C's on the other hand have a few pages worth of extra charges that will arise when you avail of a service outside your plan, you dont seem to be prevented from doing so, as I am on RTG.

I'd be intersted in feedback in the future from anyone who has signed up and has had a few months worth of bills, to see if it's possible to avail of the service for €9.99 a month.

Max bill is €30. I think you can block premium numbers

Yeh, that would be the polite thing to do... save someone else doing the hard work for you... I don't want to use the words lazy, or entitled... but...

Everyone who signed up will receive their first bill (after the initial signup activation charge) tomorrow.

You would want to be pretty reckless to allow yourself to be caught with those out of bundle charges once you are aware of how they are incurred.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Of course it's possible to avail of the service for a €10 a month. It's like any bill pay plan, just don't use it outside of your allowance and you won't get charged any extra.

Of course it's possible to avail of the service for a €10 a month. It's like any bill pay plan, just don't use it outside of your allowance and you won't get charged any extra.

Agreed, and even if you were caught out during a drunken bank holiday long weekend & threw all caution to the wind? GoMo restrict any over spend to a Max of €30 so I doubt you would need to enlist the services of MABS :D

Yeh, that would be the polite thing to do... save someone else doing the hard work for you... I don't want to use the words lazy, or entitled... but...

Yerra it took seconds to answer. The 'polite thing' might actually be not to pick a fight.

Come here mate was just asking OK two hundred pages of a thread

Not being lazy OK so get off your high horse

GoMo state that if you want to use Data outside the EU, you can purchase a 1GB Data add on.

If you did actually want that? Where do you buy it & how much does it cost?

The link they provide for further details doesn't seem to have any option regarding it.

39acc6b6ab.JPG

https://gomo.ie/pricing/

If nobody is polite enough, unwilling or unable to answer your question? There is an option at the top of each page called "Search this Thread" (see Pic)

fcc727fec9.JPG

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

I think I saw something about crazy roaming charges regarding data , stateside . Signed up anyway .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Szero

My wife and myself have now ported over, no issues at all, huge saving over Vodafone.

I now want to port over the kids, who are aged 14 and 16. I see you have to be 18 to register so how have people registered their kids? Do I need to do it in my name? I would prefer if it was in their name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Max bill is €30

AIUI the max out of plan charge is 30 so the max bill is potentially 39.99

https://gomo.ie/billing-usage-and-payment/
    Why can’t I make a chargeable call?

We have an out of bundle cap of €30. This means you can spend up to €30 on charges that are not included in your bundle. This includes Premium Rate Services such as 1890/1850 numbers, any non-standard text messages, roaming over the EU cap, roaming outside the EU and international calls and texts. We have this limit to protect our customers. If you cannot make a chargeable call you may have reached this limit. You will not be able to incur any more out of bundle charges until after your next billing date.

Szero wrote: »
    My wife and myself have now ported over, no issues at all, huge saving over Vodafone.

I now want to port over the kids, who are aged 14 and 16. I see you have to be 18 to register so how have people registered their kids? Do I need to do it in my name? I would prefer if it was in their name.

For starters you are only allowed 2 sims per account under this offer so you will need to use another name and payment method to sort the kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Anyone any ideas I set my number to port on Monday which being a bank hol seems to have caused issues. I used their contact form yesterday morning but no email or call back. Tried to cancel my port and it shows schedule now afterwards but if I try it tells me a port is in progress and if I go back to the page to cancel and hit it and refresh it just keeps telling me it is in progress :/

Lennyzip wrote: »
    I think I saw something about crazy roaming charges regarding data , stateside . Signed up anyway .

Roaming charges outside ones bundle are ridiculous regardless of which provider you are with.

When I'm away I normally buy a throw away sim for the country I'm in.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas I set my number to port on Monday which being a bank hol seems to have caused issues. I used their contact form yesterday morning but no email or call back. Tried to cancel my port and it shows schedule now afterwards but if I try it tells me a port is in progress and if I go back to the page to cancel and hit it and refresh it just keeps telling me it is in progress :/

You can't stop it once it's in progress. Maybe try a DM to GoMo on twitter explaining you situation. It has happened to others here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

cronos wrote:
    What location were you in?

Wicklow and Dublin

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Come here mate was just asking OK two hundred pages of a thread

Not being lazy OK so get off your high horse

There is a built-in search function which should help to prevent this petty squabbling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

GoMo state that if you want to use Data outside the EU, you can purchase a 1GB Data add on.

Better value buying a local RTG sim in whatever country you visit outside of the EU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Vodafone vs gomo.

Half the price and better coverage happy out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement