Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pizza in Dublin

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Birneybau wrote: »
    I may be biased (being local enough) but the pizza in McGarry's, Harold's X is the bee's knees for, admittedly, pub pizza. Proper pizza oven, fresh, €13 with a craft beer. Cheaper with Heineken/Carlsberg

Think I mentioned it before but the chef posts in here... he'll be chuffed! :D

I actually asked the chef if he was a Boardsie a while ago Gav. I mean, he said no...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Millers on Baggot St.
    /thread

milltown wrote: »
    Millers on Baggot St.
    /thread

Reckon we'll keep it going but thanks for the contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I actually asked the chef if he was a Boardsie a while ago Gav. I mean, he said no...

I lied.... he actually moved on a couple years back now it seems :pac:

I lied.... he actually moved on a couple years back now (I'm living in the past) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Millers was the height of sophistication one time, along with Acapulco on George’s Street, and the Taj Mahal on Lincoln Place.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Was in Rascal's in Inchicore the other night for the 3rd or 4th time. Pizzas really are unreal. We got breadsticks and dips while waiting for everyone to arrive. Breadsticks are pretty much pizza crusts...airy and crispy and delicious, and gorgeous dips. I live local to it, but it's worth travelling for IMO.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Rascals is great, and they do takeaway as I recently discovered!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭jack01986

Rita's in Ranelagh is my current favourite.

Twee. wrote: »
    Rascals is great, and they do takeaway as I recently discovered!

Delivery or just collection? Can't find delivery options.... obviously asking for a mate :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Lighthouse in Dun Laoghaire do amazing gourmet pizzas. My favourites are the Benjamin Zephaniah and the Eamon Dunphy. They do vegan and white pizzas but I haven't tried them.

Best thing is if you order before 18.30 you can get a pizza and a pint or glass of wine for €13.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Delivery or just collection? Can't find delivery options.... obviously asking for a mate :pac:

Jumps in to follow! Very exciting, if it's as good as you all say, I thought the only local pizza options were 4* and chippers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Pi for me, not having had Sano yet. Its on the list.

Pi On George's Street Ranked Seventh Best Pizza in Europe

Manifesto in Rathmines too. Lovely.

Irish restaurant voted in top 50 best in Europe for pizza

Base, hmmm. Its alright and very expensive. 15 quid for a Margherita!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

joeguevara wrote: »
    Lighthouse in Dun Laoghaire do amazing gourmet pizzas. My favourites are the Benjamin Zephaniah and the Eamon Dunphy. They do vegan and white pizzas but I haven't tried them.

Best thing is if you order before 18.30 you can get a pizza and a pint or glass of wine for €13.00.

It's owned by bodytonic who also do great pizza in the back page

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Just collection I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The Nal wrote: »

Base, hmmm. Its alright and very expensive. 15 quid for a Margherita!

The pizzas is Base are 13.5 inch so a bit bigger than a lot of other places. But agreed, they are expensive for what they are, good few pizzas on their menu are €18 which is pricey for a take away pizza

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The pizzas is Base are 13.5 inch so a bit bigger than a lot of other places. But agreed, they are expensive for what they are, good few pizzas on their menu are €18 which is pricey for a take away pizza

Yeah, Pi for example. Margherita is €11.50. 12 inch granted but 1.5 inch extra for 15 quid is a bit much. Buy two and throw in delivery and you're paying 33 quid for 2 Margheritas from a takeaway.

Considering each pizza costs about 20c to make I can't justify that.

Was in Rascal's in Inchicore the other night for the 3rd or 4th time. Pizzas really are unreal. We got breadsticks and dips while waiting for everyone to arrive. Breadsticks are pretty much pizza crusts...airy and crispy and delicious, and gorgeous dips. I live local to it, but it's worth travelling for IMO.

I was meant to head down yesterday for the Bands FC exhibition, finishes next Sunday. Might head down Saturday.

Twee. wrote: »
    Just collection I'm afraid!

Only a 10 min drive... but I like my dinner handed to me at the door on a Friday! Will venture down before the month is out hopefully :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Only a 10 min drive... but I like my dinner handed to me at the door on a Friday! Will venture down before the month is out hopefully :pac:
    I'm about a 5 min drive away..... but pizza doesn't travel at all well.... hmmmmm

Will def have to give it a go some time soon!

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm about a 5 min drive away..... but pizza doesn't travel at all well.... hmmmmm

Will def have to give it a go some time soon!

Just an excuse to sit in... have a pizza & a pint! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I had my first visit to Rascal's when I popped back to Dublin to catch Pats getting spanked by Waterford the other week. Needless to say, the pizza was the highlight of my day trip. It's a quality addition to the area and definitely something I'd be pushing for an increasingly rare get together with the lads - none of whom live anywhere local these days

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Culchie_85

Sano near Dame St.
    Very reasonable too!

Muahahaha wrote: »

3 quid delivery aswell so 21 quid for a pizza. You could buy 4 fillet steaks for that.

Advertisement