Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

13-09-2018, 13:20   #1336
TorresLegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescd View Post
No, Customer Care - 1747 will do. You might have to be patient and explain a few times though. I got through to some Asian call centre and the guy who answered couldn't understand what I was trying to explain to him. After 3 or 4 minutes of back and forth, he transferred me to someone else and thankfully the 2nd guy knew exactly what I was talking about. Got me sorted with data, minutes and texts straight away.

Just explain clearly that you are already on a plan and you just want data, minutes and texts to use while waiting for it to activate.

All done, I was given 1GB, 100 minutes and 100 texts to keep me going until activation!
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-09-2018, 14:37   #1337
orm0nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorresLegend View Post
All done, I was given 1GB, 100 minutes and 100 texts to keep me going until activation!
you might let us know when you get fully sorted,

I might give this another try in a couple of weeks time,

( I eventually found out they had my number incorrect, offered to send another sim but I had my monthly plan topped up)

1907 was the number I used, the reps there seem to know their stuff

Last edited by orm0nd; 13-09-2018 at 16:56.
13-09-2018, 19:39   #1338
Quackster

Mod: Kerry, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by orm0nd View Post
1907 was the number I used, the reps there seem to know their stuff
1907 and 1747 connect to the same service. 1907 has the advantage that it can be dialed from any phone.
(2) thanks from:
13-09-2018, 19:51   #1339
irishchris

Quote:
Got mine ported over today and after ringing got the same 100 mins, 100 texts and 1GB data to tide me over until the offer goes on my account. finding vodafone really easy and professional to deal with
Thanks from:
14-09-2018, 09:11   #1340
The Ayatolla

When you get the data etc to tie you over, do you ring the same Northern Ireland sales team? Or can regular customer service handle this?
Advertisement
14-09-2018, 11:41   #1341
Sir Dosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ayatolla View Post
When you get the data etc to tie you over, do you ring the same Northern Ireland sales team? Or can regular customer service handle this?
Answered around 4 posts back!

(3) thanks from:
14-09-2018, 17:01   #1342
TorresLegend

Quote:
Giving this a go right now. Requested a sim from Eir last Thursday which arrived this morning.

I've just gone through their online porting procedure.

As soon as I'm on Eir I'll be following the instructions from https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...postcount=1066

I'll be back when it's all complete. The clock starts now. Thanks to everyone for the instructions along the way!
Quote:
Ported completed to Eir at 3 o'clock. Called Vodafone on 1800 595595 and pressed 2. Spoke to a very helpful lady in NI who knew all about the plan. She then called me back within ten minutes and went through the plan. SIM is on the way! So far, so good.
Quote:
SIM has just arrived via Nightline. I just have to wait now until Vodafone complete the port.
Quote:
Didn't get an email.

Port completed at 4.40pm this afternoon. Waiting for the text to say plan has activated. Mobile data is off in the mean time.
Quote:
Call customer care and ask for data, minutes and texts while waiting for plan to activate. It's gonna take a few days to activate, usually 4.

Unless you're fine with not being able to use your phone for a few days.
Quote:
No, Customer Care - 1747 will do. You might have to be patient and explain a few times though. I got through to some Asian call centre and the guy who answered couldn't understand what I was trying to explain to him. After 3 or 4 minutes of back and forth, he transferred me to someone else and thankfully the 2nd guy knew exactly what I was talking about. Got me sorted with data, minutes and texts straight away.

Just explain clearly that you are already on a plan and you just want data, minutes and texts to use while waiting for it to activate.
Quote:

I received confirmation via text of the plan being activated at 1.40 today. That's just over 70 hours since I called Vodafone and 72 odd since I left Vodafone to jump to Eir and back again.

I also received 20 euro extra credit as previous posters.

Thanks again to everyone for helping out with this plan, especially msmx5's step by step post https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...postcount=1066 on how to make this as easy as possible.
(2) thanks from:
14-09-2018, 17:14   #1343
msmx5

Quote:
I received confirmation via text of the plan being activated at 1.40 today. That's just over 70 hours since I called Vodafone and 72 odd since I left Vodafone to jump to Eir and back again.
Well done TorresLegend on testing the timeline and reporting back. I would have loved to try the aggressive port approach, but I needed to be reachable the week I was doing it so was cautious and avoided eir (as there were some reports that they wouldn't allow port outs without topping up and I also stayed with 3 in my case for a few days and topped up to be sure.)

It is great to get confirmation that a quick port out and more or less immediate port back in works!

Thanks from:
14-09-2018, 17:31   #1344
Nuno

I ported to Eir from Vodafone yesterday and phoned the NI folks and they sent me out a sim for the Data User Plan.
I received the Vodafone sim this morning and at around 5pm I got a text on my old sim

"To facilitate your move to Vodafone you will only be able to receive calls and text messages for a short period. Please check your voicemail now".

I inserted the new vodafone sim but my phone says the new sim hasn't been provisioned yet. I can't make calls on the old or the new sim, and it looks like nobody can make calls to me. I just tried calling my number from the landline, but I get an engaged tone.
Anyone know if this is normal or not? I didn't think I'd be unable to receive calls
Advertisement
14-09-2018, 17:59   #1345
TorresLegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno View Post
I ported to Eir from Vodafone yesterday and phoned the NI folks and they sent me out a sim for the Data User Plan.
I received the Vodafone sim this morning and at around 5pm I got a text on my old sim

"To facilitate your move to Vodafone you will only be able to receive calls and text messages for a short period. Please check your voicemail now".

I inserted the new vodafone sim but my phone says the new sim hasn't been provisioned yet. I can't make calls on the old or the new sim, and it looks like nobody can make calls to me. I just tried calling my number from the landline, but I get an engaged tone.
Anyone know if this is normal or not? I didn't think I'd be unable to receive calls

It was twenty minutes before I got to swap the sims over and it just worked. Give it a while and restart your phone.
Thanks from:
14-09-2018, 18:10   #1346
Nuno

Quote:
It was twenty minutes before I got to swap the sims over and it just worked. Give it a while and restart your phone.
Cheers, will do
14-09-2018, 18:15   #1347
OmegaGene

Quote:

You swapped sims too early, the guide says to wait until your original sim dies and then swap

Last edited by OmegaGene; 14-09-2018 at 18:23.
Thanks from:
14-09-2018, 18:22   #1348
corks finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGene View Post
Quote:

You swapped sims too early, the guide says to wait until your original sim does and then swap
Correct
14-09-2018, 18:45   #1349
Nuno

Yep Omega that was it.. I was too eager . All sorted now, and I got 200 mins texts and 200 mins calls with 2 GB data to tie me over until activation. Happy Days.
Thanks from:
14-09-2018, 18:47   #1350
OmegaGene

Quote:
Yep Omega that was it.. I was too eager . All sorted now, and I got 200 mins texts and 200 mins calls with 2 GB data to tie me over until activation. Happy Days.
The free minutes and data are great
Thread Closed