Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

• 21-05-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

ttt2.jpg

Release Date - 14th September

Character List - Here

Official Forums - Here

Get Hype!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Video on the DLC characters (Angel, Kunimitsu, Ogre and Michelle)

Personally, I'm hype for Michelle as I always wanted her to return since T2.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

wer alex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

No game is complete without Jun!!

Cobelcog wrote: »
    wer alex
    This gameplay video for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 features the first four characters featured in the DLC pack: Michelle, Angel, Ancient Ogre, and Kunimitsu.
    Sounds like there's more on the way. Can only think of Alex/Roger/Tiger/Dr.B/Miharu/Gon/Tetsujin/Forrest Law/

That's excluding all the Jacks, old King/Kuma and Violet

Tbh game needs Miharu but besides that, all the characters I like are in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

thx gus

• Advertisement

Cobelcog wrote: »
    thx gus

Np ;)

Oh apparently Violet is the instructor for the Fight Lab and there's rumours of Gon being a minigame in Fight Lab as well, where you have to hit him off the ground and keep him up until he pops like a balloon.

And Miharu can apparently be seen in the schoolyard stage, think she only appears when Xiaoyu is being played but again, this is just rumours. The girl does resemble Miharu a bit though so this might rule her out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The thumbnail for that video makes it look like ogre is singing on X-Factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

hype get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Anybody intending playing this?
    I'm thinking of making a semi Tekken comeback for it. T6 wasnt my favourite game ever but the movement being back helps and this looks potetnially fun

• Advertisement

Yes and Yes

double mishimas ftw :D

I'll prob play Jin and Jun like I did back in the day...

Asuka/Miharu (If she makes it)

Or Asuka/Jun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I'd probably play Top & Tier if I play this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

will prob give it a bash on release, enjoy tag

Release date has been confirmed - September 14th for EU and probably 11th for USA.

A special edition of TTT2 is also announced, includes a metal box, original soundtrack, artbook and a behind the scenes DVD.

www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/may/22/tekken-tag-tournament-2-europe-release-date-announced/

And Michelle's model is also revealed.

http://www.xboxygen.com/IMG/jpg/tekken-tag-tournament-2-new-perso_3_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Release date has been confirmed - September 14th for EU and probably 11th for USA.

A special edition of TTT2 is also announced, includes a metal box, original soundtrack, artbook and a behind the scenes DVD.

www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/may/22/tekken-tag-tournament-2-europe-release-date-announced/

Looks like I'll be pre-ordering after all. Michelle looks exactly like she did in T2. I wonder how they'll explain how she and Kunimitsu didn't age [or got younger]

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Fergus_ wrote: »

Looks like I'll be pre-ordering after all. Michelle looks exactly like she did in T2. I wonder how they'll explain how she and Kunimitsu didn't age [or got younger]

They don't need to, tekken tag is out of continuity with the main games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Boss27Eur?feature=watch

Some good footage on this channel for TTT2 matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eEN_Ahdt8Tk

Snoop Dog to the rescue of Tekken :D

Whatever gets more people playing I guess!

@bigstupidguy (:pac:)

are you guys still playing tekken? A few of us still play it in casuals if yous wanna come in and have a few games, try to get the t6 scene going again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

We had something of a renaissance of t6 after a nice couple of months of SCV.
    It might be nice to pop in. I'd love to see If I'm a match for any of you. I've improved marginally.

I havent turned on t6 since the last tournament but wouldnt mind a few games before this comes out. Been giving Hybrid a shot there using Devil Kaz and Jin and it's a little messy but still decent fun. The juggles are going a bit too far methinks. Plus at least the movement is back to T5DR type so that's better

Yeah we have still been playing it alright, but to be honest I think it's impossible to revive the tekken scene right now, everyone is just waiting for TTT2.

But it's cool that you guys are playing it now, I have a good feeling for September! but hey in the mean time if any of the tekken players want to go in during the summer to a casual session please let me know and I'll be there :)

I think it's impossible to revive the tekken scene right now

It's really not, all you guys have to do is come in there are usually 4-5 people who would play it with you. =] iirc there were about 4-5 players guys who used to do the old ranbats. Before you know it we could have 9-10 players for tekken ranbats/casuals

Glad to see you all interested again, every wednesday and saturday there's a good few of us in xgc. Hope to see you all there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sweet, because if there's anything that will improve the game it's random appearances by has-been rappers. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sweet, because if there's anything that will improve the game it's random appearances by has-been rappers. :pac:

This statement is never untrue!

http://www.youtube.com/user/79978867547864536877/videos

This guy uploaded the new character themes for tag 2 worth checking out. A lot of them are remastered versions of their old ones like Kaz, bruce from t2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    @bigstupidguy (:pac:)

are you guys still playing tekken? A few of us still play it in casuals if yous wanna come in and have a few games, try to get the t6 scene going again

PS3 or XBOX?

PS3 or XBOX?

both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 Nickco

Hell yeah, looking forward to the new devil jin/kazuya. I loved the old tekken 3 style but this new one isn't looking bad. You guys should try and watch blood vengance online, the animated movie, pretty damn good.

For me it keeps coming back to how much of a crying ****ing shame it is about those juggle combos, it's like they've taken an aspect of Tekken that was made too important and tripled the importance of it again. and they think they're making the game better. you can't make everyone rich by printing more money, your just reducing the value of things. And you can't make tekken good by giving everyone 13 frame launchers and giving even more importance into a system where hours or practice results in knowing a series of "phone numbers" that give 100 damage that is unavoidable upon inception.

launchers and the juggling system are now the only thing that matter in Tekken, with almost nothing else getting a word in (besides spacing, but that's mostly to avoid being launched) the usefulness of a move now is solely dependant on wither it's a launcher, a counter hit launcher or not, and wither it is or is not punishable by a launcher or vulnerable to being crushed by another launcher or not.

Juggles use to be the final frontier in tekken; the extra bit that made the difference between being good, and being really good, for TTT2 even having a good punishing game say something like a 30 for 10frame, 40 for 11/12 frame and 50 for 13 (I would class that as good punishing), will pale into insignificance if your looking at 80/110 damage for crushing, counter hit launching, or launch punishing. why block and punish a low or parry it when you could've crushed it with a hop kick for appropriately 2.5 times more damage?

I cannot understand why they don't set up a system for teching out of binding and wall splatting: the attacking player gets a free ride on the max damage train and here I am looking at creative follow ups after landing a 1+2 throw, to which 5 minute later I think, "what a ****ing waste of time, there an opportunity to tech which will leave me vulnerable to launch".

grab combos have escapes, chain attacks have escapes, throws have escapes, ground hitting has escapes. but juggling with a bind and a wall splat, your just sitting there.

In fact if tekken is going to go the way of huge combos that have no means of escape then they should also do the following:

Make all chain grabs (king, nina, etc) inescapable combos and wither or not you get hit by the entire thing depends on wither the attacking player remembers and inputs the combo correctly or not, just like juggle combos. The initial grapple for these combos are far more cumbersome then many launchers (compare any of the start up moves for kings grabs to his uf4 then compare the damage)

Make all low attacks in 10 hit combos unparryable make the entire combo jail on block, and make it a natural combo all the way through from the 2nd or 3rd hit just like juggle combos. for most characters the first hit or two of a 10 hit combo are slow, cumbersome attacks with **** range, **** tracking and poor crushing properties unlike some of their launchers.

then carry on to double the damage of ground hitting moves and lengthen the time to have to guarantee they connect after spiking, if your spiked instead of bound.
    then make all mid high combos jail on block, make all unblockable attacks track both ways, and take at least 100 to 160 health. etc etc etc. and then throw away the build becasue you've completely ruined the game

(woah long rant)

you can't make tekken good by giving everyone 13 frame launchers

This I agree with, the more balanced the game becomes the more boring it will be.

hours or practice results in knowing a series of "phone numbers" that give 100 damage that is unavoidable upon inception.

In fairness people always have to vary combos on wall stages, and people screw up the execution of combos all the time. However on non wall stages this is almost true.

the usefulness of a move now is solely dependant on wither it's a launcher, a counter hit launcher or not, and wither it is or is not punishable by a launcher or vulnerable to being crushed by another launcher or not.

It is true that a safe counter hitting mid launcher (eg Lili df+3) is a lot better than a poke, but Tekken is all about controlling frames to set up a launch which you mostly get with pokes. However I do agree that it's always worth throwing out a hopkick randomly, which is kinda sad, and the tag regen system for health almost makes them safe.

Why block and punish a low or parry it when you could've crushed it with a hop kick for appropriately 2.5 times more damage?

Because you might have read the low wrong, your opponent may block the hopkick, and you will be punished.

grab combos have escapes, chain attacks have escapes, throws have escapes, ground hitting has escapes. but juggling with a bind and a wall splat, your just sitting there.

Make all chain grabs (king, nina, etc) inescapable combos and wither or not you get hit by the entire thing depends on wither the attacking player remembers and inputs the combo correctly or not, just like juggle combos. The initial grapple for these combos are far more cumbersome then many launchers (compare any of the start up moves for kings grabs to his uf4 then compare the damage)

Make all low attacks in 10 hit combos unparryable make the entire combo jail on block, and make it a natural combo all the way through from the 2nd or 3rd hit just like juggle combos. for most characters the first hit or two of a 10 hit combo are slow, cumbersome attacks with **** range, **** tracking and poor crushing properties unlike some of their launchers.

In fairness 10 hits and grabs exist to punish people not very knowledgeable at the game, or unable to throwbreak, it's just supposed to

(a) Make a steeper learning curve in the game.
    (b) Make it more fun at an "intermediate level"

I still think it's going to be a great game! :)

the usefulness of a move now is solely dependant on wither it's a launcher, a counter hit launcher or not, and wither it is or is not punishable by a launcher or vulnerable to being crushed by another launcher or not.

And?

I don't think there's anything wrong with juggles. The ****ing wall combos are ridiculous though esp in TTT2 by the looks of things. There's a lot more to tekken than launching/juggling. It's just how things are punished. Spacing, movement, zoning and knowing your characters frames were always very important in 3d games esp Tekken. I think there's nothing wrong with getting in a solid damage punish

My opinion anyway :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 Nickco

Yeah nice video, i played the demo its pretty awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭recnib

Teken was one of my all time favourite game series while i played ps2, Tag Tournament was one of the best IMO. Ill always remember it fondly :) Cant wait to play this game !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Surely I can't be the only one who noticed this? (about 2:18)

zIFRk.jpg

qPZ6i.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Yreval wrote: »
    Surely I can't be the only one who noticed this? (about 2:18)

zIFRk.jpg

qPZ6i.jpg

He punched off her clothes...that is a good skill to have

• Advertisement

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    He punched off her clothes...that is a good skill to have

USE ALL OF THE SKILL POINTS :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Prototype Jack is back? I can have two Jacks on one team?

Game of the Year.

That's got to be everybody accounted for besides Dr.B himself.

Nice to see Alex back, I've never really cared for joke characters but if you're going to be silly and have a couple bears and a kangaroo you might well go the whole hog and give the boxing dinosaur some love.

They need only like... 3 more to have everyone ever plus new characters....

Still awaiting Miharu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

2:54
    I don't think Tecmo are worried... yet.

Ah all I really want is a character customise option around as good as SCV. But Tekken seems more reluctant to let you mess around with their beloved characters

except for those really fake looking stupid haircuts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement