Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Saw some one just past lamb Doyle’s. Ad a big beard!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

godtabh wrote: »
    Saw some one just past lamb Doyle’s. Ad a big beard!

I had to google lamb Doyle’s to see where it was. That was most likely me. Gave you a wave but I wasn’t fit to shout! Nice to meet you. I rarely get spotted.

It was a bit dodgy with frost up there in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It's been a while! :)

Mercian Pro and myself in Maynooth this morning.

IN10ss3h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Boards jersey and flouroscent yellow shoe covers between Balbriggan and Balrothery around 2.15 this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Gave a shout out to a Boardsie (newer kit) on the cycle path at Bayside at about 7.30 this morning. You were heading towards Sutton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Gave a shout out to a Boardsie (newer kit) on the cycle path at Bayside at about 7.30 this morning. You were heading towards Sutton.

Twas myself I believe...balaclava?

Sorry I was on a five second time delay!

Twas myself I believe...balaclava?

Sorry I was on a five second time delay!

Yup, that was me alright. Should've copped it might be you - not too many loons heading towards Howth that time of the morning! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Spotted a boards cap on someone heading towards Lusk from Skerries as Idrove into Skerries yesterday. Blue/ yellow Galabier jacket. Probably around 12am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Green jersey on the Rock Road this morning. And in shorts... fair play!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

daragh_ wrote: »
    Green jersey on the Rock Road this morning. And in shorts... fair play!

That was me, jesus you took off at some pace!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

That was me, jesus you took off at some pace!

Nice to meet you! Late for work/double espresso :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Met a VCB Boardsie, in mufti, in The Naul this morning.

A (very) bearded Boardsie rocking the newer jersey (jacket maybe?) yesterday around 12.20 heading up the Sutton side of Howth Hill at the graveyard. Was descending at the time (in the car!) so didn't get a shout out.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

A (very) bearded Boardsie rocking the newer jersey (jacket maybe?) yesterday around 12.20 heading up the Sutton side of Howth Hill at the graveyard. Was descending at the time (in the car!) so didn't get a shout out.

ditto

i was descending after my TT attempt, too knackered to give a shout:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭HugoMyBoss

Where can you buy these jerseys?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

HugoMyBoss wrote: »
    Where can you buy these jerseys?

I'll take a long sleeve in small, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭HugoMyBoss

colm18 wrote: »
    I'll take a long sleeve in small, cheers.

Qué??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Whoever's asks first, organizes the new order. That's the rule.

Short sleeve in medium please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Boards jersey and flouroscent yellow shoe covers between Balbriggan and Balrothery around 2.15 this afternoon.
    probably me!
    the yellow flourescent shoe covers are a bit of a giveaway!
    Eamonnator wrote: »
    Met a VCB Boardsie, in mufti, in The Naul this morning.

detones or RobFowl?

Boards-attired rollingscone spotted on Alfie Byrne Road (with Colm18 in tow) at an ungodly hour this morning heading towards Howth.

I see Colm18 was faster on the Howth Hill TT segment - does that mean rs had to buy breakfast.......??!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Boards-attired rollingscone spotted on Alfie Byrne Road (with Colm18 in tow) at an ungodly hour this morning heading towards Howth.

I see Colm18 was faster on the Howth Hill TT segment - does that mean rs had to buy breakfast.......??!! ;)

Funnily enough I did. Fortunately Colm18 is a climber and therefore cheap to fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

WA near Whitehall church at Collins Ave / M1 interchange this avo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Alek yesterday looking resplendent in his original Boards jersey. Kept him company from Drumcondra out to Santry where I continued out to Swords for a club spin and he turned off for work. Good chat about upcoming cycling plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

It was really nice to meet and chat, Mercian Pro!

I just hope the gods of wind were kind to you later that day!

Kind on the run back to St Margarets from Leixlip but anything but on the way out and the last bit home.

Will watch out for you on future trips out to Swords and must start wearing my Boards gear more often.

Just remembered that WA should also get a mention for riding the Tour de Foothills in Boards gear. (See below). His excuse to his club mates was that the club gear was in the wash after the Donegal Bay sportif the day before!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Passed at the lights at bottom of mount merrion heading towards frascati road about half 8 by pink boardsie on white bike

x0zno1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Crippens1

Probably me on my commute; Booterstown- Dun Laoghaire. Views over the bay to die for but not long enough (~5km).

That's a reply to Grassey.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

Met and had a chat with ScreenSaver this morning. Nice to make your acquaintance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

onmebike wrote: »
    Met and had a chat with ScreenSaver this morning. Nice to make your acquaintance!

Nice to meet you too... Hopefully the wind swings about for the spin home.

Advertisement