Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

“The Book People” Clearance sale plus extra 35% off code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AOHopeful2019

Ordered 2nd March and just got the shipping email now. Delighted that everything is in stock, my little sister will be thrilled with all the books!

Hopefully won't be too much longer for anyone still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Ordered 10th March, got email yesterday saying order dispatched minus 1 item.
    When I click into the TrackPak link in email it seems order split into 2 and both say left the book people on the 5th of May.
    No further tracking though like arrived in Ireland or that.
    Should be on the way anyway.

My email also had "dispatched 5th May" but it actually dispatched 12th May. It took 3 days for Trackpak tracking to show on Fastway (seems to show when it scans into Fastway here) It was delivered a few hours later. :)
    Possibly you'll have delivery by Fastway on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

How do you know everything you ordered is included ?
    Mine is being sent with hermes and all I got was a dispatch email from them but it doesn’t show any details of my order . Did you get a separate dispatch email from the book people ?
    I hope you don’t mind me asking it’s just there are some dictionary’s on my order that my son needs and if they aren’t included I need to order them somewhere else ASAP . Thanks
    Ordered 2nd March and just got the shipping email now. Delighted that everything is in stock, my little sister will be thrilled with all the books!

Hopefully won't be too much longer for anyone still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Thewife wrote: »
    Mine is being sent with hermes and all I got was a dispatch email from them but it doesn’t show any details of my order . Did you get a separate dispatch email from the book people ?
    I hope you don’t mind me asking it’s just there are some dictionary’s on my order that my son needs and if they aren’t included I need to order them somewhere else ASAP . Thanks

I know it'll seem like I'm just being a smartar5e if I say "you'll know when the package arrives", so sorry about that. But if it's with the courier, you'll probably have it in two to three days...and if you've already waited probably eight to ten weeks, then maybe waiting another two to three days to see if you need to order the dictionaries somewhere else shouldn't be that big of a deal?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Order received today to my home address from Fastway. My tracking in Fastway showed them as needing more information from me before delivery, address and contact number which I sent through their contact form. They called me the following day (yesterday) to confirm u was at home address and not office address and order would be with me today. All items were there but I only ordered 3 things, happy to have got them finally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Dispatch email possibly in a junk folder?

Looking at other posts and my own order (substantial - one book out of about 30 out of stock and refund was on my card 2 days later), very few items seem to be out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I ordered about 200 euros worth between 2 orders on the 3rd and 5th of march. No mail for me yet. I wonder does the size of the order feed into it or is it just purely random.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ordered 3rd March, just got shipped notification in the last hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Kid's books arrived yesterday! Mr Men, Roald Dahl & Julia Donaldson collections all arrived as ordered.

Still no word on my second order (books for myself and my wife) but happy to at least get these ones so far. Super deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Fishy1

miamee wrote: »
    Order received today to my home address from Fastway. My tracking in Fastway showed them as needing more information from me before delivery, address and contact number which I sent through their contact form. They called me the following day (yesterday) to confirm u was at home address and not office address and order would be with me today. All items were there but I only ordered 3 things, happy to have got them finally.

Lucky you! I also had that message about needing an alternative address to deliver to. I sent Fastway the home address & received an email thanking me for the update. I checked tracking the following day & to my horror saw “Returned to Sender” . I contacted them immediately & they basically apologised & said that there was nothing they could do.

I’ve emailed the Book People but presume I haven’t a hope of ever seeing my books now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Fast way really are the worst of the couriers.

They put me down as not home yesterday, out for delivery today and no sign yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Fishy1 wrote: »
    Lucky you! I also had that message about needing an alternative address to deliver to. I sent Fastway the home address & received an email thanking me for the update. I checked tracking the following day & to my horror saw “Returned to Sender” . I contacted them immediately & they basically apologised & said that there was nothing they could do.

I’ve emailed the Book People but presume I haven’t a hope of ever seeing my books now :(

Just realised I might end up with a similar problem over TBP saying delivery address can't be changed. Thought it didn't really matter that I put my work address since they'd arrive there sometime and I could pick them up anyway. But have just realised that currently the damn place is only open two mornings a week, so high chance that even if a courier arrives, they won't be able to deliver.

Maybe it's just as well I haven't got a despatch mail and a courier tracking thing yet....might be better waiting another few weeks until the offices open up a bit more!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

hurikane wrote: »
    Fast way really are the worst of the couriers.

They put me down as not home yesterday, out for delivery today and no sign yet

In fairness the driver turned up at 9pm. Said it’s mental, on the go all day and still has to go back to depot.

Delighted with my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Ordered a good few books on March 3rd and still not a peep :( Whats the email you are all contacting? I may need to send an email or 2 so I have a papertrail for a chargeback if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

4th of March, nothing yet :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I've just got an email to say my order is shipped. 3 books cancelled but the kids books are on the way, which was the most important part of the order! I placed my order 2nd March.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I've just got an email to say my order is shipped. 3 books cancelled but the kids books are on the way, which was the most important part of the order! I placed my order 2nd March.

Got a confirmation aswell (3rd of March), same as me, 3 books cancelled but the rest are arriving 38 book so happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dogre

Hococop wrote: »
    Got a confirmation aswell (3rd of March), same as me, 3 books cancelled but the rest are arriving 38 book so happy with that
    2 orders from 3 March shipped today, 1 book out of stock, 22 books on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Fishy1 wrote: »

So, as feared, no books for me.
    I rang the Book People this afternoon, explained my saga & asked them to re-send the books. They told me that they were very sorry but that they couldn’t. I even offered to pay for the shipping again but was told that my only option was a refund. So disappointed. Fastway really are a disaster :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AOHopeful2019

Sorry I just saw this now!

Yes I got a separate email from the book people with details of my order and books! Hopefully you get your order soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭gipi

Placed order 3d March.

Got an email today cancelling one book as it's out of stock and confirming shipping of the rest of my order. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Thanks Garfield!
    Got the complete set of Harry Potter CDs for €45 inc delivery, they're over £200 on amazon. Great present

Finally got my email and I'm not getting the complete set :(

1-3 and 4-5 on the way
    6-7 out of stock and cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Ordered March third and got shipping confirmation this morning. Everything I ordered has been shipped, whoppee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

3rd March. Dispatched today. 1 book out of 13 cancelled. Thanks OP.

It'll be interesting to see if any of my 6th March order is fulfilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Was on to them this morning they have a backlog of 40k orders and are shipping 10k a week all orders will be fulfilled before they close fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Large box of books arrived this morning, fantastic quality and unbelievable bargain. Thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Is there many on here still waiting on their order. I haven’t heard a thing since I ordered on 3rd March.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭petejmk

Well just got an email telling me my order was shipped (all children's books: Mr Men & Little Ms collections and a Julia Donaldson story collection). Ordered 3rd March. The tracking says it was shipped on 7th May. No record of it with Fastway yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Is there many on here still waiting on their order. I haven’t heard a thing since I ordered on 3rd March.

Yeah I'm still waiting. Spent nearly €200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Another March 3rd order here. Have been checking my inbox and spam folder daily but nothing.

Advertisement