Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

wonski wrote: »
    Well you just said PUP is taxed.

The payment you received may not be taxed, but these were not PUP payments, so not sure what food would happen if one wanted to go to court. And why would you. It is taxed as any other income.

Exceptional needs payment or whatever it was may not be, but the PUP is subject to income tax.

It is simply a legal loophole I have pointed out. If someone had exceptional needs payment for 6 weeks and pip for 1 week, instead of being stung for 7 weeks tax bill, a person could legally only pay 1. Wording is very important with legal matters.
    I haven't even got the SOL back yet, I'm simply pointing out there is this loophole

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

A few people I know have found that the amount overpaid/underpaid has changed since Friday. I have seen their screenshots of both. The difference in all of them is €70 more owed to revenue.

They are all finding an extra PUP payment in revenues calculation too. Its almost like the 1st January to 7th January payment is being included.

None were on the high rate of tax thanks to covid so 20% of 350 = 70.

Anyone with an explanation of this mysterious extra payment being included?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dublinstuff

brianomc wrote: »
    A few people I know have found that the amount overpaid/underpaid has changed since Friday. I have seen their screenshots of both. The difference in all of them is €70 more owed to revenue.

They are all finding an extra PUP payment in revenues calculation too. Its almost like the 1st January to 7th January payment is being included.

None were on the high rate of tax thanks to covid so 20% of 350 = 70.

Anyone with an explanation of this mysterious extra payment being included?

There is such thing as a week 53 where Revenue are concerned, if the 30th and 31st of December fall into paydays. In 2020 this was the case as December 30th was a Wednesday and the 31st was a Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 socute14

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the refund. Got my statement of liability last Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

socute14 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it takes to get the refund. Got my statement of liability last Saturday?

5 business days usually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

There is such thing as a week 53 where Revenue are concerned, if the 30th and 31st of December fall into paydays. In 2020 this was the case as December 30th was a Wednesday and the 31st was a Thursday.

I see what you’re thinking alright. But the paydate for the 1st to 7th week was the 12th Jan. And the pup figure revenue used is only correct if they include that one as their figure was my total pup to-date. That payday was well inside 2021 to not count.

I have opened an enquiry with them but I imagine they are fairly busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

socute14 wrote: »

Last year there were six days (4 working days) between the SOL and money in my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dublinstuff

I see what you’re thinking alright. But the paydate for the 1st to 7th week was the 12th Jan. And the pup figure revenue used is only correct if they include that one as their figure was my total pup to-date. That payday was well inside 2021 to not count.

I hear what you are saying. Would be interesting to hear their response to your enquiry. Apparently they have a difference of €2,000 in the PUP figure that I submitted and the DOSP provided to them and I'm at a complete loss as to why. Hoping the SOL, when it eventually appears, will shed more light

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I've noticed this too, mentioned it earlier, they seem to be including PUP payments right up to the date SOL issued, this seems at odds with the year applicable as I presumed its income for 2020 only. I believe in my own case, at least €300 extra on amount actually paid to me, I've tripled checked all payments of PUP recieved for 2020.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone still getting the processing message when trying to view their SOL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭tfeldi

Pacifico wrote: »

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

Yes I'm getting the same

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Same here, just like last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Same here, just like last year

I didn't have this problem last year...how did you get it sorted?!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

I got mine on Saturday. Luckily I wasn’t out of work so I wasn’t in any pandemic payment. This might explain why I got it earlier than a lot of others

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭tfeldi

Last year it got sorted in April or so after sending countless messages through My Enquiries. It's still early days, so I will give it till next week before I go down that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Just had to wait and hope, I wasn't on the PUP or didn't submit any expenses claims so it should be a quick enough process.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Got a nice chunk back due to tuition fee relief, forgot to add medical expenses so that'll be another little bit hopefully. Wasn't on PUP or TWSS so thankfully I wasn't one of the many who were undercharged and now getting hit. Feel sorry for them.

My SoL is dated 16th, even though it wasn't available on the system as of Sunday night, so I'm hoping for the refund before the end of this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Got a nice chunk back due to tuition fee relief, forgot to add medical expenses so that'll be another little bit hopefully. Wasn't on PUP or TWSS so thankfully I wasn't one of the many who were undercharged and now getting hit. Feel sorry for them.

My SoL is dated 16th, even though it wasn't available on the system as of Sunday night, so I'm hoping for the refund before the end of this week.

Mine as well dated 16th...but missing some major credits... Wife of work at home... Didnt claim a single penny so should get homecarer tax credit - 2 small kids... Its not included on my sol....

So will have to be reviewed and added...meanwhile i paid 11k in taxes and should get 400 back
    ..hoping as well for this week...as i am out of money... Hahha

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

I forgot to pay around 1500 of my remaining 8k fees before the new year, so a bit annoyed with myself on that regard for tax purposes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Mine as well dated 16th...but missing some major credits... Wife of work at home... Didnt claim a single penny so should get homecarer tax credit - 2 small kids... Its not included on my sol....

So will have to be reviewed and added...meanwhile i paid 11k in taxes and should get 400 back
    ..hoping as well for this week...as i am out of money... Hahha

Were you in receipt of Home Carers Tax Credit before ? If not you may need to complete an application form to get it added on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Were you in receipt of Home Carers Tax Credit before ? If not you may need to complete an application form to get it added on.

Yeh..app its just dob+ pps of child or person and income declaration if any ...only for person claiming it... I believe its sharable credit... I did that all in my revenue...i can see the credit confirmed but missing from Sol... Wife had 0 income and we didnt claim anything..no jobseekers no covid .nothing... So thats my story...or is it any other app i am missing

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Yeh..app its just dob+ pps of child or person and income declaration if any ...only for person claiming it... I believe its sharable credit... I did that all in my revenue...i can see the credit confirmed but missing from Sol... Wife had 0 income and we didnt claim anything..no jobseekers no covid .nothing... So thats my story...or is it any other app i am missing

Once it was granted for 2020 it should show on your Actual SOL as long as you earned enough to pay tax last year. If you didn’t earn enough to pay tax it won’t show on the SOL.

If you have only just applied it may not be on your Preliminary SOL, but should be on the Actual SOL when you get it. If it isn’t then send in a myEnquiry and they will sort it for you.

It should also show on your 2021 tax credit cert under your credits.

Still waiting... "Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly."
    barrier86 wrote: »
    I got mine on Saturday. Luckily I wasn’t out of work so I wasn’t in any pandemic payment. This might explain why I got it earlier than a lot of others

No pandemic payments, no added expenses... just the default pre-populated values from the form. Don't know why it's not just a quick automated processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

I just got an email from revenue stating I had correspondence in My Enquiries.

Logged on and it’s just an message saying my Tax Return for 2020 has been processed and my Statement of Liability will be issued shortly.

I didn’t create an enquiry so interested to know why they sent that message.

Either way it’s info and I know it’ll be issued soon I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

natc wrote: »

Logged on and it’s just an message saying my Tax Return for 2020 has been processed and my Statement of Liability will be issued shortly.

Same checked my documents and its empty for new correspondence

natc wrote: »

Do you have a tax agent? If you have signed up with taxback or similar they may have submitted a tax return on your behalf.

Do you have a tax agent? If you have signed up with taxback or similar they may have submitted a tax return on your behalf.

No I completed the tax return myself on Jan 2nd.

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    Same checked my documents and its empty for new correspondence

The correspondence was in My Enquiries nothing in my Documents though.

Advertisement