Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,150 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

kilburn wrote: »
    Probably asked a million times in the thread but are the Tiso I5's ok for running anyone got first hand experience?

That really depends on how well they fit. I know the pair i have dont fit snugly enough to let me run in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Probably asked a million times in the thread but are the Tiso I5's ok for running anyone got first hand experience?

i would say no, but maybe i have weird shaped ears

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

They fit my ears perfectly so they're ideal for running. As mentioned before, it's just pot luck as to whether they fit snuggly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

You can change the tips on them. I got the i4's but I imagine the i5's come with the same tips.
    I've also changed the rubber tips on them too. They come with bullet shape (for sports) and dome shape (for music) and I found the bullet shape one had a great seal, but after 30 mins i was fidgeting with them. But the middle size dome shape ones in and super comfy now.

You can also buy many different types of tips from many other places.

Foam tips etc.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=earphone+tips&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Lads this thread is 51 pages of lads discussing crap chinese earphones with not a bargain in sight.

Just saying.

Eg. Yaw, I got the Kookimotos delivered from Shenzen on Friday, delivery took 16 weeks, they make all my music sound like Rick Astley and they did give me a scaly earhole rash but for €3.67 would I buy them again? - Deffo!

Seriously.

Bargain alerts has gone to ****e anyhow - front page seems to be the same every day.

Sorry for ranting! Love you all !!!!! Hugs etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Lads this thread is 51 pages of lads discussing crap chinese earphones with not a bargain in sight.

Just saying.

Eg. Yaw, I got the Kookimotos delivered from Shenzen on Friday, delivery took 16 weeks, they make all my music sound like Rick Astley and they did give me a scaly earhole rash but for €3.67 would I buy them again? - Deffo!

Seriously.

Bargain alerts has gone to ****e anyhow - front page seems to be the same every day.

Sorry for ranting! Love you all !!!!! Hugs etc.

Ah, feck off. They're bargain/budget earphones.
    There's a special thread made any time there's a discount on fancy Bose or apples earphones that brings then down to just €185 with free delivery.
    People here have been giving opinions and experiences on reasonably priced earphones they have bought.
    Personally this and the Chinese phones threads have been the most useful for me in saving money and avoiding it crap in the past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Ah, feck off. They're bargain/budget earphones.
    There's a special thread made any time there's a discount on fancy Bose or apples earphones that brings then down to just €185 with free delivery.
    People here have been giving opinions and experiences on reasonably priced earphones they have bought.
    Personally this and the Chinese phones threads have been the most useful for me in saving money and avoiding it crap in the past year.

Ah you seem to have bought the Foofiyamas - Almost a great product for only €5.17 - Just a pity about the connection issues, 30 second battery life, sudden bursts of 110 decibel audio and radioactivity in the earpieces.....

Anyway no offence to anyone - Just an observation & if the thread disappeared forever then humanity would not have lost anything IMO.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Just an observation & if the thread disappeared forever then humanity would not have lost anything IMO.

Similar to these types of posts.

If you don't like, then ignore the thread and post elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    Got the Xiaomi Dots a few days ago.
    Took them for a test run yesterday. Felt very comfortable in my ears and didn't budge. Good quality sound I think aswell
    Well worth the money

Are these them?
    https://m.banggood.com/XIAOMI-Mini-In-ear-Bluetooth-Sports-Earphone-Headset-Wireless-Ultralight-Waterproof-With-Mic-Running-p-1349780.html?rmmds=search

60% off in flash sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,150 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That really depends on how well they fit. I know the pair i have dont fit snugly enough to let me run in them.

After my experience last night i can confirm that they are absolutely useless for running. Even walking with them is a struggle. One of them popped out as i was crossing a road. in the mild panic that ensued the other one dropped out. I managed to find one of them but the other is lost forever i fear. I spent some time looking for it but it was dark and raining so I gave up. Luckily i still have my i4s and they fit in the i5 case so i'll be using them from now on.

After my experience last night i can confirm that they are absolutely useless for running. Even walking with them is a struggle. One of them popped out as i was crossing a road. in the mild panic that ensued the other one dropped out. I managed to find one of them but the other is lost forever i fear. I spent some time looking for it but it was dark and raining so I gave up. Luckily i still have my i4s and they fit in the i5 case so i'll be using them from now on.

That's sh*t.
    What tips did you have in?

I have the middle sized ones in and they sit very tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I have a pair on i4’s. Use them in the office. Love them but wouldn’t be running with them.

I have a pair of i5’s on the way for home.

I use a pair of earphones like these below for running so at least if it does pop out when running you don’t have the panic that would ensue with individual pods.

€ 23,76 45% Off | DACOM L05 Bluetooth Headphone Sports Headset Bass Sound Wireless Earphones IPX7 Waterproof Running Headphones with Microphone
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/nuKH4sHK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Ordered a pair of i5's months ago and never turned up so raised a dispute with aliexpress and just received my refund.

Is there anywhere more reliable or other options closer to home similar to i5's? Willing to pay a bit more if I have too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Ordered I'5s on aliexpress on 30th Sept and have arrived in Ireland already which I wasn't expecting. Reckon it will take same time again to reach me!.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Bought these after they featured on Unbox Therapy's YouTube last week.

The don't enough stock to keep up with demand so there is a 1 week delay on shipping.

https://www.blvcknoir.com/

Will update If I ever get them...

Still not shipped as of September 27th. Submitted a Paypal dispute. Got email from PayPal yesterday which said I will get a refund.

Avoid.

califano wrote: »
    Ordered I'5s on aliexpress on 30th Sept and have arrived in Ireland already which I wasn't expecting. Reckon it will take same time again to reach me!.

what postage method was it on ali do you know out of interest?

I got mine within 2 days when they arrived.
    14 days total.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

kceire wrote: »
    I got mine within 2 days when they arrived.
    14 days total.

Ordered i5s on 15th September. The tracking code didn’t work on the sites they linked to. Got an update today “Shipping Cancelled”. First time using AliExpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I ordered a pair during the summer and never got them. Opened a dispute and got my money back.They tried to claim they were delivered.

• Advertisement

Ordered i5s on 15th September. The tracking code didn’t work on the sites they linked to. Got an update today “Shipping Cancelled”. First time using AliExpress.

That’s happened me once in a couple of years shopping with them.
    It was on a wheel rim holder for the wall.

Just open a supper ticket and you’ll get a refund.

Might be worth posting who you bought off and compare to who I bought off
    And a few others as it was from the manufacturer directly.

Could you post the links to the store you purchased from? As there seem to be two stores in the thread (could be more).

Suckit wrote: »
    Could you post the links to the store you purchased from? As there seem to be two stores in the thread (could be more).

Tiso Official Store
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/tHFjHUTm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

With no sign of them having even shipped I messaged the Tiso store on AliExpress. They can't find having sent them so wanted to send a white pair as black is out of stock. Have asked how long until black is back in stock. I had hoped to have them in the next 2 weeks or so, so a little disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I have a pair of i9's on the way..what is the difference?

kceire wrote: »

Thanks, I should have worded it better. I meant for the ones that aren't getting delivered as quickly or are going missing in the post etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

With no sign of them having even shipped I messaged the Tiso store on AliExpress. They can't find having sent them so wanted to send a white pair as black is out of stock. Have asked how long until black is back in stock. I had hoped to have them in the next 2 weeks or so, so a little disappointed.

i5's or i4's out of stock?
    I just ordered i4's from Tiso store as the i5's I ordered never turned up so got a full refund.
    I actually ordered the i4's by accident instead of i5's, hope there's not too much difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

whats the link for the exact ones you ordered please?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

Suckit wrote: »

I purchased off Tiso Global Store via AliExpress.com. Sorry, I’m not able to post a link.

I ordered a black pair. This sounds quite like Kintaro Hattori’s experience. Maybe they’ve run out of black.

I don’t believe they ever shipped them. The shipping reference seemed invalid when I linked to the tracking sites which AliExpress directed me to.

Anyway, the store didn’t reply to my mail yesterday, so I’ve opened a dispute. I’be just received a mail from AliExpress upholding my complaint.

I guess I’ll just order the white ones this time!

• Advertisement

I ordered from the "Tiso Official Store" and they arrived in less than 2 weeks.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33044932726.html

Is it the "Tiso Global Store" that seem to have the delays, or is it both?
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000006912758.html

They seem to have gone up quite a bit on the first store, unles there are coupons.

Advertisement