Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Received the i5s today- two weeks after ordering. Have only had a quick go, but I’m very pleasantly surprised by the sound and fit. No work involved in pairing. Thanks to everyone who recommended.

Did you get the white ones Richard? What do they look like in reality. Like yourself I had wanted black but stock wasn't available so reluctantly took white.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dowling06

dowling06 wrote: »
    Took a plunge on these Tronsmart ones as they have aptx, usb type-c charging, an integrated USB A charger and very good battery life for just under 23 euro delivered. They have capacitive touch controls and a 5 minute charge will give you 1 hours on the buds themselves. The name is pretty hilarious but I can get over that :D

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000196615631.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.16314c4dMJ55Ar

Will let ye know how they are when they are delivered.

Opened them up there and they seem very good. Good bass and they are very loud at full volume. They pair nearly the instant you remove them from the case and on the AptX codec on my Xiaomi Mi8 too. The only thing I didn't like was that next track was a hold of the left earbud, most earphones I've used seem to use the right one to go forward.Im sure there is an app to remap them out there. Overall very impressed with them for eur23 and even cheaper now!

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

Did you get the white ones Richard? What do they look like in reality. Like yourself I had wanted black but stock wasn't available so reluctantly took white.

Yeah, I got the white ones. They look like small squares attached to ear pieces, the same as i4s, I think. They’re very discreet. Someone could easily think you’re wearing ear plugs.

The charging case is different from the i4. This one looks like a ring box.

corkie wrote: »
    They may not be paired to each other and need to be reset.

Life saver :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Bit of a long shot but looking to get some kind of wireless buds before a flight next Wednesday without breaking the bank? Any ideas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Bit of a long shot but looking to get some kind of wireless buds before a flight next Wednesday without breaking the bank? Any ideas

Go to your local unofficial phone repairs shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Suckit wrote: »
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000110060899.html

*Instant discount: € 0,92 off per € 1,83*
    They work out around €13.50

Redmi is a sub-brand of Xiaomi, separating from them at the start of the year. Most sellers still use the Xiaomi name as it's more recognised.

I see these are €16.77 delivered

They still recommended ones to go for, or any other deals around that price at the moment?

Also, what exactly is a "Global Version" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Go to your local unofficial phone repairs shop.

Yeah considered that but would prefer to get something that's branded as opposed to the unreliable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,648 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

okay so im hoping someone here can help me out, i picked up something like the air dots a while back and they are fantastic with long battery life and sound, but mu issue is they are falling out when im sprinting or rowing which is no surprise really, so does anyone know of any deals for over ear wireless earphones that are gym friendly

thanks in advance Omega

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

mrcheez wrote: »
    I see these are €16.77 delivered

They still recommended ones to go for, or any other deals around that price at the moment?

Also, what exactly is a "Global Version" ?
    The prices seem to have gone up a little on a lot of items, presumably to drop for the sales.
    I have seen both of these recommended but not yet bought either of them, I plan on getting the Floveme first as they had a better review.
    Floveme TWS 5.0 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000193707575.html
    Wavefun X-Pods 2 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32926462518.html

The Tiso i5's are now $54.50
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33044932726.html
    The i4's are $23.90
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32977905673.html
    Which I am pretty sure are the same but with a different case.

The 'Global Version' of the Redmi Airdots have a touch control instead of a physical button like on the Chinese version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ok still issues with the tiso t5

Right ear volume very low. So when i take them out of the box and put them in my ear the power on voice is louder in left.

Reset them and same issue. Did not have Bluetooth on the phone when doing this. Connected to the phone ok and have been working but right one sound very faint and no it is not my ears. Right is master and took a phone call and could barely hear the caller via right ear piece.

Have another pair so will try to compare but definitely issues with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

So my Taotronics Bh60 busted and I sent them back.
    Any recommendations for a replacement under 80
    Thanks

Ok still issues with the tiso t5

Right ear volume very low. So when i take them out of the box and put them in my ear the power on voice is louder in left.

Reset them and same issue. Did not have Bluetooth on the phone when doing this. Connected to the phone ok and have been working but right one sound very faint and no it is not my ears. Right is master and took a phone call and could barely hear the caller via right ear piece.

Have another pair so will try to compare but definitely issues with them.
    Have you tried contacting the store you bought them from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Anyone buy the Xiaomi ones from Amazon.es,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Took a plunge on these Tronsmart ones as they have aptx, usb type-c charging, an integrated USB A charger and very good battery life for just under 23 euro delivered. They have capacitive touch controls and a 5 minute charge will give you 1 hours on the buds themselves. The name is pretty hilarious but I can get over that :D

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000196615631.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.16314c4dMJ55Ar

Am not too much of a techy:).....would these work with an iPhone 5s?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Redriddick wrote: »
    Anyone buy the Xiaomi ones from Amazon.es,

Yup currently stuck in customs in Amsterdam 🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

sioda wrote: »
    Yup currently stuck in customs in Amsterdam 🤨
    Mine have been with An Post since Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Suckit wrote: »
    Have you tried contacting the store you bought them from?

Yep downloaded the Ali Express app and messaged them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭corkie

Yep downloaded the Ali Express app and messaged them

Be careful with that app, last time I had it on my device, bit of a battery hog + randomly and often pinging there servers in the background when not even running.

Why not use the website?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Also try writing or changing your review to a negative one. Quicker response. You can change it back. But I think it is limited to 60 days, unless it's changed to be more like amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

sioda wrote:
    Yup currently stuck in customs in Amsterdam 🀨

Mine too ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Redriddick wrote: »
    Mine too ffs

Mine as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Ordered a case from Ali yesterday wonder which will get here first 😂

So I got the i5's at a cracking price, they were under €21 delivered. I was thinking of getting them again for a niece and nephew but not at the €50 or so they are priced at now. Reckon there'll be a price drop any time soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭corkie

So I got the i5's at a cracking price, they were under €21 delivered. I was thinking of getting them again for a niece and nephew but not at the €50 or so they are priced at now. Reckon there'll be a price drop any time soon?

11/11 Sales are coming soon. So inflated prices now to give the appearance of a sale then. Also have to pay/pray + wait for deliveries due to 11/11.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    11/11 Sales are coming soon. So inflated prices now to give the appearance of a sale then. Also have to pay/pray + wait for deliveries due to 11/11.

11/11 sales ? Isn’t Black Friday 29th/11/2019 ?

Not a techy so apologies for queries but appreciate an answer.....
    Would these work with an IPhone 5s?.....
    And would you need Spotify on the IPhone 5s to listen to music or is it possible to get a radio through an app to load onto IPhone 5s.....if it’s possible to get a radio would it use much data?

Thanks for any replies.

Not a techy so apologies for queries but appreciate an answer.....
    Would these work with an IPhone 5s?.....
    And would you need Spotify on the IPhone 5s to listen to music or is it possible to get a radio through an app to load onto IPhone 5s.....if it’s possible to get a radio would it use much data?

Thanks for any replies.

These will work with an iPhone and you can use tune in radio for free or Spotify and music doesn’t use much data

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

OmegaGene wrote: »
    11/11 sales ? Isn’t Black Friday 29th/11/2019 ?

11/11 sales are a Chinese staple and blow black Friday and the likes out of the water in terms of sales volume.
    Always get your Chinese orders for Christmas delivery placed before the 1st week of November ;)
    Otherwise the postal volumes post 11/11 could leave you waiting months.

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    These will work with an iPhone and you can use tune in radio for free or Spotify and music doesn’t use much data

Thanks....how does ‘tune in radio’ work?.....on an iPhone?

Advertisement