Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭flazio

MR NINE wrote: »
    I'm looking for a reasonably priced pair of true wireless earphones to use mainly for running. Mainly looking for something that won't fall out whilst running and is reasonably good quality/volume (won't be drowned out by passing traffic). I saw the i5s are well recommended but will take up to 25 days to deliver through Ali express apparently. Ideally I'd like to get a pair ASAP as I find running without music unbearable and don't fancy the prospect of 25 days without running. Is there any decent pairs in brick and mortar shops? In general online seems to be much better value. All suggestions appreciated, thanks.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1453065/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/c_2/3%7C50000616%7CHeadphones+and+earphones%7C50000617/c_3/4%7Ccat_50000617%7CWireless+headphones%7C50000622.htm

Might be worth a look for €37

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

flazio wrote: »

Those phones are good, but not for running. I have a set, sound is good, but the button bits are very heavy, and bounce around a lot, and will pull the plugs out of your ears more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

This isn't a bargain alert but had Creative ones for 80, Bose qcII

All not great

Got apple airpods, even though I have an android phone

Unreal, great for running (don't get any movement noise), simple to use, no looking back

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

This isn't a bargain alert but had Creative ones for 80, Bose qcII

All not great

Got apple airpods, even though I have an android phone

Unreal, great for running (don't get any movement noise), simple to use, no looking back

The AirPods are a fantastic piece of kit. Tech wise and how they pair and work, especially with ios is super. But the right one wouldn’t stay in my ear. Even simple tasks of running across the road in traffic involved me holding it.

I had to sell them as they were no use for training or cycling for me.
    I’ve ordered the i5’s but in the mean time I got the chance of a set of Powerbeats Pro. All the goodness of apple and iOS integration for me but the hooks and bud tips mean they stay in, even when I’m upside down doing hand stand pushups !!

Still have the i5’s coming so the wife will get them as she was hoping is oss on the AirPods to her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Much difference between tiso i5's and the remdi airdots?

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    The AirPods are a fantastic piece of kit. Tech wise and how they pair and work, especially with ios is super. But the right one wouldn’t stay in my ear. Even simple tasks of running across the road in traffic involved me holding it.

I had to sell them as they were no use for training or cycling for me.
    I’ve ordered the i5’s but in the mean time I got the chance of a set of Powerbeats Pro. All the goodness of apple and iOS integration for me but the hooks and bud tips mean they stay in, even when I’m upside down doing hand stand pushups !!

Still have the i5’s coming so the wife will get them as she was hoping is oss on the AirPods to her :D

you can apparently sort out the airpods and ones with that design using thses

https://www.imore.com/best-ear-hooks-your-airpods-2

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Got the Xiaomi Dots a few days ago.
    Took them for a test run yesterday. Felt very comfortable in my ears and didn't budge. Good quality sound I think aswell
    Well worth the money

glasso wrote: »
    you can apparently sort out the airpods and ones with that design using thses

https://www.imore.com/best-ear-hooks-your-airpods-2

I had them. And the smaller version too.
    They worked perfect. Just the hassle of having them with you alongside the case and they wouldn’t fit in the charging case.

So now instead of just putting them in your ear you had to assemble them before use.

In saying that they are really good and I’m actually selling brand new packs of them on adverts currently :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    Took them for a test run yesterday. Felt very comfortable in my ears and didn't budge. Good quality sound I think aswell
    Well worth the money

I’m giving them 5 stars, for €25 can’t go wrong. Tempted to buy a second pair!

BBMcQ wrote: »
    I’m giving them 5 stars, for €25 can’t go wrong. Tempted to buy a second pair!

Yah me too.. but for $19.99 from banggood. (They were on sale)
    Had to wait 3 weeks but wasn't in a rush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Can anyone recommend earbuds that are suitable for swimming ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Can anyone recommend earbuds that are suitable for swimming ?

This post mentions some. I have no idea how useful the products mentioned are. Me and swimming have an agreement.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111060066&postcount=1316

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Anjunadeep wrote: »
    Well worth the money
    Anjunadeep where did you buy them?

Páid wrote: »
    Anjunadeep where did you buy them?

banggood.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

So my tiso i4s are giving me trouble today. They just won't pair up with my phone or each other. I got the right one to pair with my laptop but it's very hit and miss. I treid resetting my phone and the ear pieces but no result. Anyone have any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Not wireless earphones per se, but turns normal earphone wireless through Bluetooth. Sound is amazing as well, find myself using it all day and then maybe watching a film late at night:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07KXDJBYJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭morphman

Do aliexpress take paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭morphman

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭corkie

morphman wrote: »

No!
    morphman wrote: »

No!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Some aliexpress sellers do.
    They used to but the paypal comission charges were too high for many, so they stopped. I think they reintroduced it this past year, but the seller can choose.
    Most choose not to use it.
    There was a lot using it in April this year, but they seem to have opted out again mostly. Can't really blame them. Paypal charges are ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Did anyone the i500 TWS? Is battery life really 4-5 hours

I have the i10’s and only last 90 minutes and want to upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 31 KieranY8

Is there a general consensus on budget alternatives to the AirPods? Looking for something similar that doesn't create a seal in the ear. Preferably with quick enough delivery.

I know there are a bunch of clones, but there are so much at this stage it would make your head spin.

KieranY8 wrote: »
    Is there a general consensus on budget alternatives to the AirPods? Looking for something similar that doesn't create a seal in the ear. Preferably with quick enough delivery.

I know there are a bunch of clones, but there are so much at this stage it would make your head spin.

i500 TWS are a clone or AirPods 2 but I can’t find what the battery life is online some say 2-3 hours and others say 4-5 hours

If I found proof of 4-5 I’d buy them straight away

i5's Ordered.

Delivered today.
    Ordered 18th
    Arrived 27th.
    Great service.

They look great. Pass the pocket carry test.
    I’ll pair them up and test shortly but it looks like Mrs. Kceire is confiscating them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Delivered today.
    Ordered 18th
    Arrived 27th.
    Great service.

I’ll pair them up and test shortly but it looks like Mrs. Kceire is confiscating them.

..could be worse...she might think you were about to propose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

After buying a few el-cheapo wireless earphones/buds from the AliExpress and others, I ended up just getting a set of Motorola Verve Buds 400 True. The fear of them exploding in my ears is gone :D

..could be worse...she might think you were about to propose

It’s already worse. Been there done that :)

Delivered today.
    Ordered 18th
    Arrived 27th.
    Great service.

What are these i5 got a link? to where you bought them

€ 20,60 59% Off | Tiso i5 Bluetooth 5.0 earphones 3D TWS true wireless stereo headphone IPX5 waterproof sports headset with dual microphone
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/5zfDKhqs
    What are these i5 got a link? to where you bought them

In my first quote from a post a few pages back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Probably asked a million times in the thread but are the Tiso I5's ok for running anyone got first hand experience?

Advertisement