Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

MadYaker wrote: »
    Been drinking cans so I dont have to go to a bottle bank but if I drink any more Im going to turn into a can.

So its time for bottles. Any good deals going on bottles of craft beers delivered?

Are you Dublin based?

Martin's are doing a delivery service, along with crafty central which is a website.

However, the big romance bar are doing cases of 24 cans of body riddle or whiplash, cases are 56 euro which is great value. Also doing draught beer in growlers, lervig had a stout (not the 3 bean one) on the list the other day when I was ordering.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ben Done wrote: »
    They were saying that it required each reader being manually upgraded, x thousand across all their stores.

They didn't want to do it and risk a malfunction of all pos terminals, which would obviously not be ideal.

Given that the update has been applied and is now running fine in smaller retailers, any further delay in implementing the roll out would look like heel-dragging on Tescos part.

Surely they could do it on a store by store basis, overnight, while shelves are being stocked, and have it tested before opening time?

Yeah, that's a BS excuse. They've been in need of upgrading for yonks anyway to be able to accept Google/Applepay payments over €30 so they have even more reason than other retailers to do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

MadYaker wrote: »
    Been drinking cans so I dont have to go to a bottle bank but if I drink any more Im going to turn into a can.

So its time for bottles. Any good deals going on bottles of craft beers delivered?

12 x bottles from St Mels for e32 here:
    https://beercloud.ie/product/st-mels-mixed-case/

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭geordi

elderberry wrote: »
    12 x bottles from St Mels for e32 here:
    https://beercloud.ie/product/st-mels-mixed-case/
    Some decent deals on Beer Cloud. I got 24 bottles of Sheep Stealer Saison delivered for €50. Not a bargain but good value IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

1ltr Powers is €30 in supervalu.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Is Lidl doing slabs of Guinness at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

Lidl were doing Guinness at the weekend 24 cans for €20. It depends on your local Lidl's stock levels I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

geordi wrote: »
    Some decent deals on Beer Cloud. I got 24 bottles of Sheep Stealer Saison delivered for €50. Not a bargain but good value IMHO.
    Shame the delivery costs €12 though

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭geordi

Shame the delivery costs €12 though

Was €6 delivery for me. Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Bought a Boom Box for €65 plus €8 delivery from Third Barrel. Delivery pushes up unit cost but I like the brew and not easy to get

https://thirdbarrel.com/product/boom-box/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭1968

Not sure if it's amazing or not but 4 x Cobra 660ml bottles in Dunnes for €10. Got them today in town (George's St.)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Bannergal

Hi

If anyone comes across deals on cans of bulmers in Dunne’s, Tesco or Centra can you please update. Had surgery so can’t drive at the moment so cant send shopper in & out of shops
    C
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Bannergal wrote: »
    Hi

If anyone comes across deals on cans of bulmers in Dunne’s, Tesco or Centra can you please update. Had surgery so can’t drive at the moment so cant send shopper in & out of shops
    C
    Thanks

You can get 4 cans for 8 euro with tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

magicmoves wrote: »
    You can get 4 cans for 8 euro with tesco

tesco best price per ml at the moment is 12cans for 19euro, which is expensive.

Linden village (made by bulmers and 6%) is a fiver for a 2L flagon, and has been for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

24 cans of Guinness for €20 in my local Lidl. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,976 ✭✭✭✭rob316

BullBauld wrote: »

I'm getting sick of it now to be honest gotta pick up something else. I opened one last night the widget didn't react and poured like a glass of coke. I mean I drank it but totally put me off

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If anyone is in a border area- Sainsburys have a wine sale on at the moment- lots of nice wines in the £5-6 ranges. Also Kahlua 70cl @ £10 a bottle. 1 litre Absolut @ £20 etc etc

No discounts on whiskey unfortunately :(

Edit: Tullibardine Sauternes Finish Malt Whisky 70cl @ £30, reduced from £45....... Not cheap, but nice...........

rob316 wrote: »
    I'm getting sick of it now to be honest gotta pick up something else. I opened one last night the widget didn't react and poured like a glass of coke. I mean I drank it but totally put me off

I have Carlsberg also for these nice warm days. Nicer with the BBQ.
    I poured one last week and it was like sour milk. It was foul looking. I did not drink it! The only bad one out of the slab.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

BullBauld wrote: »

I checked in mine twice no slabs at all.When did it start today

sasta le wrote: »
    I checked in mine twice no slabs at all.When did it start today

Not sure to be honest. Was in around 4:30 today.... loads there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

rob316 wrote: »

I hate when the widget doesn't react and in my opinion it happens way too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

rubadub wrote: »
    Linden village (made by bulmers and 6%) is a fiver for a 2L flagon, and has been for ages.

since 1994 if I remember correctly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Can people mention the lidi they get the Guinness in please? I've been in three and none had them.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Can people mention the lidi they get the Guinness in please? I've been in three and none had them.

Appropriate username regarding how you’re dealing with the situation ;-)

Loads left in Lidl Cabra, D7 today

Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

What's beamish from a can like

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

At a time when most people are staying at home and cutting trips to an absolute minimum you decided to visit 3 different supermarkets looking for f***ing Guinness?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

At a time when most people are staying at home and cutting trips to an absolute minimum you decided to visit 3 different supermarkets looking for f***ing Guinness?

Look at their username. They need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

No, I decided to visit 3 different supermarkets looking for f***ING Guinness that is €20 for 24.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Andrew00 wrote: »
    What's beamish from a can like

Pretty, pretty, pretty good. A lot better than Guinness from a can. Any offers about?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement