Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭GBX

When is the new Xbox out ?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

how much will i get if i trade in an xbox 360, an xbox one and half a packet of jaffa cakes against the cost of a new one x?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

how much will i get if i trade in an xbox 360, an xbox one and half a packet of jaffa cakes against the cost of a new one x?

Have you got the original box for the jaffa cakes?

Have you got the original box for the jaffa cakes?

No, I bought that off him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

What's the best use for an XB1 that I will no longer play on?
    Media Player in the living room?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

JoyPad wrote: »
    What's the best use for an XB1 that I will no longer play on?
    Media Player in the living room?

Bookend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Bookend.

I only have one. And most of my books are PDFs or Kindle files.
    Did you maybe think of a presse-papier?

JoyPad wrote: »
    I only have one. And most of my books are PDFs or Kindle files.
    Did you maybe think of a presse-papier?

Use the Xbox as a clipboard?. Or do you mean poids du papier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Hi guys, I was thinking of buying the PlayStation X scropion edition, what advice do you have that I probably won't end up heeding anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Hi guys, I was thinking of buying the PlayStation X scropion edition, what advice do you have that I probably won't end up heeding anyway?

I'm waiting for the X-Station Double X to be released.

Qpp86CZ.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Proud owner of a Scorpio edition. Had to bust a gut to get to GameStop in order to make it before closing. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clara B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Clara B wrote: »

Just a heads up you can delete posts completely.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I just found 800 Xbox Live Microsoft points in a drawer, I assume they are worthless now?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I just found 800 Xbox Live Microsoft points in a drawer, I assume they are worthless now?

Try redeem the code and see what happens, I redeemed some less than a year ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Clara B wrote: »

This is in the running for quote of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Try redeem the code and see what happens, I redeemed some less than a year ago.

It used to be about 10 but I think they put an expiration on them. Worth trying to redeem it though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ibFoxer wrote: »
    This is in the running for quote of the year.

In fairness, there's worse posts on boards.....

amadablam wrote: »
    It used to be about 10 but I think they put an expiration on them. Worth trying to redeem it though!

Tried it on xbox, but it sent me to microsoft.com but the region dos not match my profile, so it's not expired...

My region used to be US, but is Ireland now on Xbox, so maybe my MS account needs to follow suit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I got an Xbox One S as a present last Christmas. Previous to that, I had an Xbox 360 which only ever got used for FIFA. I have started using my One a lot more recently, and I need some game suggestions! I've played and finished Battlefield 1 and 3 in the last month or two, and I'm currently downloading Titanfall 2. What are everybody's top 3 Xbox One games? They can be old or new games. I obviously have a lot of good titles to catch up on, but I just don't know where to start! I'd be looking for single player games mainly, as I don't play online. And I'm also not a fan of the GTA series

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

BDJW wrote: »
    I got an Xbox One S as a present last Christmas. Previous to that, I had an Xbox 360 which only ever got used for FIFA. I have started using my One a lot more recently, and I need some game suggestions! I've played and finished Battlefield 1 and 3 in the last month or two, and I'm currently downloading Titanfall 2. What are everybody's top 3 Xbox One games? They can be old or new games. I obviously have a lot of good titles to catch up on, but I just don't know where to start! I'd be looking for single player games mainly, as I don't play online. And I'm also not a fan of the GTA series

Sunset Overdrive, for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ori and the Blind Forest
    Sunset Overdrive
    Ninja Gaiden
    Overwatch
    Destiny

Loads more but these are some of my favourite.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If single player is what you want you'll be hard pressed to find a better game than Witcher 3. Game of the year was on sale for 20 euro recently so keep an eye out.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If single player is what you want you'll be hard pressed to find a better game than Witcher 3. Game of the year was on sale for 20 euro recently so keep an eye out.

Cracking game.

Incorrect format link deleted :)

My mistake .. .I thought it was the xbox one version which I had previously bought. Sold out

Sunset Overdrive
    Ori And the Blind forest
    Guacamelee
    Mad Max - I loved this, and anyone I've convinced to play it has felt similarly
    Witcher 3

EDIT - Dying light, plus its expansion - fantastic game.

Put on an adult nappy. Turn off the lights. Put on the headset.

Dead Space.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Tried it on xbox, but it sent me to microsoft.com but the region dos not match my profile, so it's not expired...

My region used to be US, but is Ireland now on Xbox, so maybe my MS account needs to follow suit...

Got onto chat and they sorted it.
    Credit of 9.60

Good job I just didn't throw it out!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Thanks for the suggestions lads, looks to be some good games there. I particularly like the look of Destiny and The Witcher 3.
    I’m also thinking of getting Gears of War 4, Doom and Halo 5, are they all worth a punt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Thanks for the suggestions lads, looks to be some good games there. I particularly like the look of Destiny and The Witcher 3.
    I’m also thinking of getting Gears of War 4, Doom and Halo 5, are they all worth a punt?

All great games and more than worthy of a punt. Destiny is more MP though.

These three games are on 2 for £20/4 for £35 preowned on Game atm. You can get Halo MCC or another game with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Halo 5 is on Gamepass. You get 14 days free when you sign up - you can cancel immediately before you have to actually pay for it

Folks are season passes region locked? Looking at buying one and seller couldn't verify.

Thanks

amadablam wrote: »
    Folks are season passes region locked? Looking at buying one and seller couldn't verify.

Thanks

not unless they've changed in recently. in the early days of region hopping, it wasnt unusual to buy your game in singapore and the season pass from russia. I never encountered any issues anyway.

• Advertisement

not unless they've changed in recently. in the early days of region hopping, it wasnt unusual to buy your game in singapore and the season pass from russia. I never encountered any issues anyway.

Cheers Stone Deaf.

I take my console on 'holidays' :D occasionally but don't normally buy season passes.

Might keep an eye on the foreign markets as I'm only interested in the assassins creed origins and shadow of war one.

I was just looking at season pass for COD WW2 and saw this on https://gocdkeys.com/en/buy-call-of-duty-ww2-cod-wwii-season-pass-xbox-one

""Attention: CALL OF DUTY WW2 (COD WWII) Season Pass for Xbox One has regional blocking, so it is not a Global or Region Free version, this means that you should read carefully the activation countries available in each store."

Maybe this is just for this game and hopefully not across the board ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I went on holidays and purchased a season pass for CoD Infinite Warfare, it didnt work :(
    Thankfully MS Chat were really helpful and refunded the amount to me, ended up having to buy it from my local MS shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Gifting is now available to everyone.

As in you can buy a game digitally using your own account/funds and send (gift) it to a friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

As in you can buy a game digitally using your own account/funds and send (gift) it to a friend.

Can you gift a game you've bought but bo longer use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If you'd like to test it out feel free to send me over something :pac:

I doubt it, you can't even do that on PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

No, must be new purchases (its an option when you buy - buy or gift) and in the same region as you. Eu is pretty much all the same region.

I'll have the LA Noire remaster lads. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'll have the LA Noire remaster lads. Thanks.

Did you pick it up?
    Mines on the way from Amazon. Hopefully get it tomorrow :D

Just a quick question lads, hopefully not a stupid one.

If I copy say a 60gb game from my Xbox harddrive to an external harddrive will it take as long as downloading the 60gbs or would it be quicker?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

If I copy say a 60gb game from my Xbox harddrive to an external harddrive will it take as long as downloading the 60gbs or would it be quicker?

It should be much quicker copying.

It should be much quicker copying.

Indeed, will transfer over as fast ast the HDD will allow. Should be less than an hour.

Indeed, will transfer over as fast ast the HDD will allow. Should be less than an hour.

An hour are you mad in will take less than 10 mins.

An hour are you mad in will take less than 10 mins.

I was being conservative, read/write speeds vary from drive to drive and you very rarely get near the max speed that the usb can provide.

Still shouldn't take more than 30 mins.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement