Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

BDJW wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions lads, looks to be some good games there. I particularly like the look of Destiny and The Witcher 3.
    I’m also thinking of getting Gears of War 4, Doom and Halo 5, are they all worth a punt?

All great games and more than worthy of a punt. Destiny is more MP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

BDJW wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions lads, looks to be some good games there. I particularly like the look of Destiny and The Witcher 3.
    I’m also thinking of getting Gears of War 4, Doom and Halo 5, are they all worth a punt?

These three games are on 2 for £20/4 for £35 preowned on Game atm. You can get Halo MCC or another game with it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Halo 5 is on Gamepass. You get 14 days free when you sign up - you can cancel immediately before you have to actually pay for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Folks are season passes region locked? Looking at buying one and seller couldn't verify.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

amadablam wrote: »
    Folks are season passes region locked? Looking at buying one and seller couldn't verify.

Thanks

not unless they've changed in recently. in the early days of region hopping, it wasnt unusual to buy your game in singapore and the season pass from russia. I never encountered any issues anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

not unless they've changed in recently. in the early days of region hopping, it wasnt unusual to buy your game in singapore and the season pass from russia. I never encountered any issues anyway.

Cheers Stone Deaf.

I take my console on 'holidays' :D occasionally but don't normally buy season passes.

Might keep an eye on the foreign markets as I'm only interested in the assassins creed origins and shadow of war one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I was just looking at season pass for COD WW2 and saw this on https://gocdkeys.com/en/buy-call-of-duty-ww2-cod-wwii-season-pass-xbox-one

""Attention: CALL OF DUTY WW2 (COD WWII) Season Pass for Xbox One has regional blocking, so it is not a Global or Region Free version, this means that you should read carefully the activation countries available in each store."

Maybe this is just for this game and hopefully not across the board ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I went on holidays and purchased a season pass for CoD Infinite Warfare, it didnt work :(
    Thankfully MS Chat were really helpful and refunded the amount to me, ended up having to buy it from my local MS shop

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Gifting is now available to everyone.

As in you can buy a game digitally using your own account/funds and send (gift) it to a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

As in you can buy a game digitally using your own account/funds and send (gift) it to a friend.

Can you gift a game you've bought but bo longer use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If you'd like to test it out feel free to send me over something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I doubt it, you can't even do that on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

No, must be new purchases (its an option when you buy - buy or gift) and in the same region as you. Eu is pretty much all the same region.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'll have the LA Noire remaster lads. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'll have the LA Noire remaster lads. Thanks.

Did you pick it up?
    Mines on the way from Amazon. Hopefully get it tomorrow :D

Just a quick question lads, hopefully not a stupid one.

If I copy say a 60gb game from my Xbox harddrive to an external harddrive will it take as long as downloading the 60gbs or would it be quicker?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

If I copy say a 60gb game from my Xbox harddrive to an external harddrive will it take as long as downloading the 60gbs or would it be quicker?

It should be much quicker copying.

It should be much quicker copying.

Indeed, will transfer over as fast ast the HDD will allow. Should be less than an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Indeed, will transfer over as fast ast the HDD will allow. Should be less than an hour.

An hour are you mad in will take less than 10 mins.

I was being conservative, read/write speeds vary from drive to drive and you very rarely get near the max speed that the usb can provide.

Still shouldn't take more than 30 mins.

• Advertisement

Don't tell me it's that quick!! That would just make me cave in and get the X if I knew they transferred onto my external Harddrive that quickly :D

Don't tell me it that's quick!! That would just make me cave in and get the X if I knew they transferred onto my external Harddrive that quickly :D

Theoretically it can be done in 3.5 mins. Realistically it can take upto 25 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Don't tell me it that's quick!! That would just make me cave in and get the X if I knew they transferred onto my external Harddrive that quickly :D

Don't worry, you will still have massive 4k patches to download as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Hi all,

My son has an Xbox 1.

I’m clueless about this stuff. He wants santa to bring him Xbox coins so he can buy stuff. What’s the best way to do this please?

I don’t want to give him my c edit/debut card. Used it to buy something once and then it stayed in his system and he bought more stuff. Thankfully only to the value of €70

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lisha wrote: »
    Hi all,

My son has an Xbox 1.

I’m clueless about this stuff. He wants santa to bring him Xbox coins so he can buy stuff. What’s the best way to do this please?

I don’t want to give him my c edit/debut card. Used it to buy something once and then it stayed in his system and he bought more stuff. Thankfully only to the value of €70

You need to get Xbox Credit so.

If you use CD Keys you get a small discount on them but they can be bought in GameStop, Smyths and Argos as well.

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/gift-cards-points/microsoft-gift-card-50-euro-xbox-one-360

If you have a prepaid phone with leftover credit you can use that credit on HMV Game Credit.

https://www.hmvgamecredit.com/IE/Product?category=XBOX

What is he wanting to buy? If it's a game they can usually be found cheaper in Argos/Amazon/Simplygames than on the Microsoft Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It’s fifa points he wants to buy. Off to gamestop with me so. Thanks very much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Kodi have updated their Windows client to be 64 bit, which is apparent one of the steps needed to build a UWP app. That'll then mean that they'll have an Xbox One app.

See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I have a few questions that arise from the BA thread, but don't belong there!
    Folks are talking about their new controllers having Bluetooth.

Can these new ones connect to a PC, without needing a windows xbox one adaptor?
    Does the elite controller have Bluetooth?
    How cheap can I get a BT card for my PC? :D

Last one's a joke! :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

marcbrophy wrote: »

Yeah they can connect to PC (or any device with bluetooth) without the adapter provided it has bluetooth. Unfortunately the elite isn't bluetooth though :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

marcbrophy wrote: »

They can, without any real issue. I think it can only do one at a time though.

It does not. A new model has been rumoured for some time now.

It may be a joke, but USB Bluetooth keys are pretty cheap, but you'd be better off going with the Xbox Adapter, I'd say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement