Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos RIP thread

Comments

degsie wrote: »
    €75 off baby monitor

Handing out some bans might be appropriate at this point!

Cheaper from Amazon. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭This is it

Have one of the tablets reserved locally so there's definitely some available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

This is it wrote: »

They are gone back to 422 now, I have one reserved at 277 too, great price

dulpit wrote: »
    Tá sé ar ais: https://checkargos.com/

Has been hit and miss lately. Was getting an upstream error most of yesterday, but seems to be working again now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Unknownability

If anyone has a code for the tablet they won't be using of appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Canonfan wrote: »
    SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S6 Lite for €277, available in grey and blue.

You also get 4 months Youtube Premium free. Not a bad deal for tablet with S pen.

Currys price: €419
    Amason: £345

I have a code for Castlebar for collection today if anyone wants it - boss baby has decided to hold out for iPad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,808 ✭✭✭micks_address

Basil3 wrote: »
    Can't see it being a problem, it's no different to paying part with One4All, and the rest with cash or another card, which I've done several times.

This worked no hassle... split transaction over two cards

This is it wrote: »

Picked this up just now. Was showing at €422 but they put it through manually no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Just picked up my S6 Lite, delighted with it, thanks whoever spotted it

• Advertisement

rustynutz wrote: »
    Just picked up my S6 Lite, delighted with it, thanks whoever spotted it

Yes, should've said thanks. Thank you to whoever posted. I was looking for a tablet for someone for Christmas, saved €140 on what seems like an excellent device :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Has been hit and miss lately. Was getting an upstream error most of yesterday, but seems to be working again now.

Frustrating alright, I think it's Argos related, but to be honest im not 100% on that. While testing the day we were fixing it I would often get "do not have permission to access" exception just making the get request on my browser. Did you see anything similar on the PHP version?

If they banned our IP or something i would never work, so it's not that. Maybe they limit the requests in a certain time frame? Or maybe their website isn't very good :pac:

I got an error using it last week but refreshed and it disappeared. Didn't make note of it but I will next time

Frustrating alright, I think it's Argos related, but to be honest im not 100% on that. While testing the day we were fixing it I would often get "do not have permission to access" exception just making the get request on my browser. Did you see anything similar on the PHP version?

If they banned our IP or something i would never work, so it's not that. Maybe they limit the requests in a certain time frame? Or maybe their website isn't very good :pac:

I was getting an access denied error through the site but not when I was accessing using postman, so I played around with the headers in the request until I no longer got the issue. I think I just had to set the host value, but I don't know if that's the same issue you're getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I was getting an access denied error through the site but not when I was accessing using postman, so I played around with the headers in the request until I no longer got the issue. I think I just had to set the host value, but I don't know if that's the same issue you're getting.

Ok cool, added the host there, hard to test if it makes a difference or not! Would appreciate if people keep track of it over the next few days. The error upstream page has been replaced with something, you'll know what it is if you see it though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Ok cool, added the host there, hard to test if it makes a difference or not! Would appreciate if people keep track of it over the next few days. The error upstream page has been replaced with something, you'll know what it is if you see it though :)

Very accurate error message :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Patsy167 wrote: »

I bought this previously when it was on offer, great bit of kit. I've had several trimmers, this was by far the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

chasm wrote: »
    GoPro HERO7 White CHDHB-601-RW Action Camera - €118.04

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8655835.htm

$%^&!!!!!! I paid close to 500 a year ago for the black one plus accessory kit plus SD card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,060 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

$%^&!!!!!! I paid close to 500 a year ago for the black one plus accessory kit plus SD card

I don't think this is as good as the black one. White doesn't have GPS or Hypersmooth feature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

chasm wrote: »
    GoPro HERO7 White CHDHB-601-RW Action Camera - €118.04

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8655835.htm

Anyone buying check your budget. That is just for the camera, you are going to need an SD card class 10 (loads of fakes out there). You are going to need a tripod and/or selfie stick. Also the fitting for the mount is useless go buy machined aluminium ones, and tempered glass for lens and screen. (see ali express for all the above except the SD card)

Anything after that (spare batteries, lights microphone, case, gorillapod) is your own business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭michael jay

last weekend (sat) i tried ordering a cmas tree for click and collect, they said available wed to friday and when you put in number and email , it says out of stock and u still get a text with no reservation number,
    Now the trees are discounted but the same craic all out of stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

last weekend (sat) i tried ordering a cmas tree for click and collect, they said available wed to friday and when you put in number and email , it says out of stock and u still get a text with no reservation number,
    Now the trees are discounted but the same craic all out of stock?

It's an error unless you get a reservation number it wasn't ordered , 99% because it wasn't in Stock even though it says it can be ordered in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭michael jay

cheers, i just presumed maybe they cant sell them under lv 5

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

cheers, i just presumed maybe they cant sell them under lv 5

Strangely Argos can sell anything, even DVDs and other 'home entertsibment' that Tesco can't sell.....

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Strangely Argos can sell anything, even DVDs and other 'home entertsibment' that Tesco can't sell.....

I assume anyone can sell anything they like as long as they are offering a click n collect or a delivery service.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I assume anyone can sell anything they like as long as they are offering a click n collect or a delivery service.

True good point and I forgot that. While I know they don't want people going into browse was trying to buy a now tv stick that I wanted in a hurry for an elderly family member and Tesco would not sell to me so I walked across the road to harvey norman and bought it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Argos UK and Ireland web sites are both offline this morning with a "SORRY ABOUT THIS" message. Odd that both of them are offline.

Just means they're updating the prices for the BF sale.

Just means they're updating the prices for the BF sale.

Both remained offline unexpectedly for a few hours this morning, nothing to do with pricing changes - all the BF pricing was already in place.

Pricing updates and any maintenance would be scheduled for out of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9181236/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CPhotography%7C14419436/Trail/searchtext%3ESHOP+ALL+BLACK+FRIDAY+HOT+PRODUCTS+AND+SO+MUCH+MORE+TECH+AT+ARGOS.htm

Looking for a decent camera and good discount on this. Any photography buffs here know if this is a good camera for the price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9181236/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CPhotography%7C14419436/Trail/searchtext%3ESHOP+ALL+BLACK+FRIDAY+HOT+PRODUCTS+AND+SO+MUCH+MORE+TECH+AT+ARGOS.htm

Looking for a decent camera and good discount on this. Any photography buffs here know if this is a good camera for the price?

that is a good price for a decent camera. you are basically getting the second lens for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I have an item reserved for today but I can't get to argos to collect it. Does anybody know when reservations that are not collected are released back into stock?

I have an item reserved for today but I can't get to argos to collect it. Does anybody know when reservations that are not collected are released back into stock?

15 - 20 minutes after that store closes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

It usually goes back into stock that night, if you still want the item you can ring up if there taking calls and they will leave it reserved for another couple of days , I have done this before or just see after 12 tonight it might be available to reserve again yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I see a steel framed kids bike posted in the bargains thread.
    Just to point out that the bike will probably be heavier than the child

I ditched these cheap bikes a few years ago to get a bike light enough for a child to cycle. Cost a lot more but it didn't kill my child trying to move it.

Just a thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

fair crap from argos only 2 tv,s in there black friday sale,thats bad.............................

I see a steel framed kids bike posted in the bargains thread.
    Just to point out that the bike will probably be heavier than the child

I ditched these cheap bikes a few years ago to get a bike light enough for a child to cycle. Cost a lot more but it didn't kill my child trying to move it.

Just a thought

Not a problem I've ever noticed. Generations of kids have ridden steel framed bikes without any issues.

The one thing I would note is that a lot of these cheap kids bikes with front and rear suspension do add a lot of unnecessary weight. Still had zero bearing on my kids' ability to move or ride them, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 watchman.ie

JDxtra wrote: »
    15 - 20 minutes after that store closes.

Worked for me 20 mins after closing, thought I missed the deal but was able to reserve again, this is good to know, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Thought it was strange they were only reducing 2 Samsung tv's, another added yesterday to make it 3, all Samsung.
    Argos.co.uk website, UK prices converted to Euro are approx €10-€15 cheaper, if only you could get up there. :rolleyes:

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Thought it was strange they were only reducing 2 Samsung tv's, another added yesterday to make it 3, all Samsung.
    Argos.co.uk website, UK prices converted to Euro are approx 10-15% cheaper,
    if only you could get up there. :rolleyes:

unreal down here unreal.......................................................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Site down for updating black friday deals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Says it gonna be epic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Although not Argos offers I thought some on here would be interested.

Adrian Weckler has 12 picks for Black Friday.
    https://m.independent.ie/business/technology/12-real-black-friday-tech-deals-from-irish-retailers-39797780.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

iamtony wrote: »
    it is and can make chips etc but it is also a pressure cooker. Great device. Be warned they are big!

That's the mini is it still big??

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

audi02 wrote: »
    That's the mini is it still big??

All the dimensions are on your link.

Weight: 9.07kg.
    Size H32, W35, D38cm.
    Accessories included: Pressure lid 4.7L removable cooking pot cook & crisp plate rack.

I know I'm too late to reply to you in any way that will be useful to you, but just so you know, for future generations, and our children's children...

If you ring the shop, they can extend your reservation. I've done it before. A friend of mine worked in Argos and said it was done regularly with employees in different shops, so I tend to instinctively lie to them and say I work in a different Argos, but they never question me, and just extend it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I wonder if any one got the UE43TU7020 Samsung tv and if so could they confirm how many HDMI ports.. Argos says 2.. .. other sites sat 3

If 3 I'd buy.. but for 2 only the lack of convenience lessens the value

I wonder if any one got the UE43TU7020 Samsung tv and if so could they confirm how many HDMI ports.. Argos says 2.. .. other sites sat 3

If 3 I'd buy.. but for 2 only the lack of convenience lessens the value

only 2 as far as i can see from various other sites also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement