Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argos RIP thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Thought it was strange they were only reducing 2 Samsung tv's, another added yesterday to make it 3, all Samsung.
    Argos.co.uk website, UK prices converted to Euro are approx €10-€15 cheaper, if only you could get up there. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Thought it was strange they were only reducing 2 Samsung tv's, another added yesterday to make it 3, all Samsung.
    Argos.co.uk website, UK prices converted to Euro are approx 10-15% cheaper,
    if only you could get up there. :rolleyes:

unreal down here unreal.......................................................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Site down for updating black friday deals

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Says it gonna be epic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Although not Argos offers I thought some on here would be interested.

Adrian Weckler has 12 picks for Black Friday.
    https://m.independent.ie/business/technology/12-real-black-friday-tech-deals-from-irish-retailers-39797780.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

iamtony wrote: »
    it is and can make chips etc but it is also a pressure cooker. Great device. Be warned they are big!

That's the mini is it still big??

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

audi02 wrote: »
    That's the mini is it still big??

All the dimensions are on your link.

Weight: 9.07kg.
    Size H32, W35, D38cm.
    Accessories included: Pressure lid 4.7L removable cooking pot cook & crisp plate rack.

I have an item reserved for today but I can't get to argos to collect it. Does anybody know when reservations that are not collected are released back into stock?

I know I'm too late to reply to you in any way that will be useful to you, but just so you know, for future generations, and our children's children...

If you ring the shop, they can extend your reservation. I've done it before. A friend of mine worked in Argos and said it was done regularly with employees in different shops, so I tend to instinctively lie to them and say I work in a different Argos, but they never question me, and just extend it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I wonder if any one got the UE43TU7020 Samsung tv and if so could they confirm how many HDMI ports.. Argos says 2.. .. other sites sat 3

If 3 I'd buy.. but for 2 only the lack of convenience lessens the value

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

I wonder if any one got the UE43TU7020 Samsung tv and if so could they confirm how many HDMI ports.. Argos says 2.. .. other sites sat 3

only 2 as far as i can see from various other sites also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Is that really a factor when you could pick up a HDMI switch for about 15 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bassy wrote: »
    Is this a air fryer can it be used for chips ?.
    iamtony wrote: »
    Be warned they are big!
    Look you youtube videos to get an idea of the size. I found one excellent video reviewing it, probably has loads of hits if you sort by top views first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Is that really a factor when you could pick up a HDMI switch for about 15 euro?

It is when next option TV only 49 euro more

Buying switch reduces the value/ saving

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I know this is probably expired now, but that link is for 1 plug. Was it original for 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Quazzie wrote: »
    I know this is probably expired now, but that link is for 1 plug. Was it original for 2?

Go into the special offers tab on that link. Offer is still on

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Pacifico wrote: »
    Go into the special offers tab on that link. Offer is still on

I reserved 2. But the price shows as twice the price if is now. Will the special offer be applied at the till?

Edit. Email shows the special offer.

That must be why they only offer 1 as available for home delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Loads of Christmas trees for cheap, if in stock.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Tried searching here and on the general web but couldn’t find anything, I’m curious if anyone has ordered any home deliveries from Argos expected in the New Year?

Looking at ordering a few bits of furniture but wondering if I’ll get stung with charges thanks to Brexit. Would be buying off their IE website but I know most of their stock comes from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Aeternum wrote: »
    Tried searching here and on the general web but couldn’t find anything, I’m curious if anyone has ordered any home deliveries from Argos expected in the New Year?

Looking at ordering a few bits of furniture but wondering if I’ll get stung with charges thanks to Brexit. Would be buying off their IE website but I know most of their stock comes from the UK.

Surely if purchasing from an Irish retailer you won't get stung for anything, it'd be up to the retailer in that situation to sort out customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos has a distribution centre in Ballymun in Gulliver's Retail Park that's where a lot of the Irish stock is sent from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

I’m watching something at moment in Argos , don’t need it urgently but must get around to going in for it. I presume if there’s a government meeting tomorrow and they decide a change in retail Argos will be closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

benji79 wrote:
    I’m watching something at moment in Argos , don’t need it urgently but must get around to going in for it. I presume if there’s a government meeting tomorrow and they decide a change in retail Argos will be closed?

Should be open for click and collect.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

RossieMan wrote: »
    Should be open for click and collect.

Yep were open throughout the previous full lockdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Yeah they sell IT equipment so they will be classed as essential for people working from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Argos has a distribution centre in Ballymun in Gulliver's Retail Park that's where a lot of the Irish stock is sent from

Stock comes from UK on trailers , sometimes the trailers are then split in Ireland for different stores but mostly a trailer holds 1 or 2 stores stock and goes directly to those stores from the port

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Stock comes from UK on trailers , sometimes the trailers are then split in Ireland for different stores but mostly a trailer holds 1 or 2 stores stock and goes directly to those stores from the port

Just imagine the customs declarations that just one of these trailers will have to complete from the 1st Jan.......... If I were an exec in Argos/Sainsburys- I'd be running from Ireland and Northern Ireland as fast as my little legs could carry me.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Just imagine the customs declarations that just one of these trailers will have to complete from the 1st Jan.......... If I were an exec in Argos/Sainsburys- I'd be running from Ireland and Northern Ireland as fast as my little legs could carry me.

Uk stores are closing (not all).as part of restructuring.

Unfortunately I don't think Argos will be here long term , short term they are ok, with exceptions of certain stores closing which has started to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭bladespin

Nowhere near as complicated as it sounds, we regularly ship containers to the US (not in the volume that Argos do granted) of various tools, parts, machines etc, our software generates the necessary declarations, I'd imagine Argos software would be better than ours tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,101 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

bladespin wrote: »
    Nowhere near as complicated as it sounds, we regularly ship containers to the US (not in the volume that Argos do granted) of various tools, parts, machines etc, our software generates the necessary declarations, I'd imagine Argos software would be better than ours tbh.

I'd be surprised if the argos software did it at all. they have never had to do it before. you dont add features to software that you don't need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭bladespin

I'd be surprised if the argos software did it at all. they have never had to do it before. you dont add features to software that you don't need.

If (big enough if) they use the same inventory software for their imports (they bring a huge amout of stuff in from China etc) then the tariff codes etc are all there already.

Advertisement