Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ricko187

RossieMan wrote: »
    I'll be picking one up if it's the 4k model. Will go in and ask in my local tomorrow.

Let me know what one it is. Really surprised if it is 4k at that price. Currys are selling for 90e I think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The same EAN on Argos.co.uk has no mention of 4k: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8798723

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The same EAN on Argos.co.uk has no mention of 4k: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8798723

It’s a glitch/mistake on the listing and I expect it would be a waste of time testing it out, the pic would have bold 4K on it surely

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Does anyone know if sales/promos on UK Argos happen before they do in Ireland?

UK have a code for 25% off all Silentnight products (beds, mattresses, etc.) but there's no sign of it on the Irish site yet

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

bkrangle wrote: »
    Does anyone know if sales/promos on UK Argos happen before they do in Ireland?

UK have a code for 25% off all Silentnight products (beds, mattresses, etc.) but there's no sign of it on the Irish site yet
    More often than not both sites work in tandem when it comes to offers, sales, promos etc. However I have seen times where an item or product could be discounted on one site but not on the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

RossieMan wrote: »
    I'll be picking one up if it's the 4k model. Will go in and ask in my local tomorrow.

Did you get a chance to check the type of firestick it is?

I got the second generation from Amazon for £16.66 on December 12th, the remote is different, hasn't volume buttons.
    It's mad that you have to use PW for delivery here, yet they allow sale in Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Ye it's the 2nd gen. Picture is wrong and spec sheet is wrong.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Yes. This morning. In two minds about it as P30 is out soon.

Its till 489.99 so you can just use the self service.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,812 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dan786 wrote: »

Do you have the reference number Dan?

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Do you have the reference number Dan?

Sorry what do you mean by reference?

Sorry what do you mean by reference?

The product code to enter on the self service machine. When I search the website the P20 isn't showing up for me.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The product code to enter on the self service machine. When I search the website the P20 isn't showing up for me.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8107833/Trail/searchtext%3EP20+PRO.htm

Link works for me.

810/7833

You can also make reservation by calling a phone number. (01) 216 1616

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8107833/Trail/searchtext%3EP20+PRO.htm

Link works for me.

810/7833

It's been taken down no stock anywhere.

http://checkargos.com/product/8107833

Link works for me.

810/7833

Maybe it's just not loading on mobile. Thank you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Won't let you order using that code- you have to use an alternate- which is @ 1049.99

If you got it for the cheaper price- well done- its a lovely piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Checkargos.com dead the past couple of days hope it's not permanent this time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Checkargos.com dead the past couple of days hope it's not permanent this time

Back up and running!

I forgot to pay my hosting bill :/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Thanks again for that little gem reserved a switch and bought it at a cracking price wouldn't have gotten it without checkargos.com :)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,005 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

4 candles.....

Love it !!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Jayzuz lads, yir showin yir age.
    :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭bluetractor

Remington AIR3D Hair Dryer with Diffuser, was €250, now €90, decent reviews, bit of stock around...

62-7908260-BZG626M.jpg

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=air3d&authToken=
    Remington is one of those brands that charge excessively for product to give the impression of a discount. Then you combine that with argos' same format on certain items and you have a ridiculous "was" price of €250 to get suckers to buy in quantity at a more reasonable price of €90. General price of that item is around €125, so whilst the argos price is good, don't be fooled into thinking its a €250 hairdryer

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

I tried reserving five separate items on the Argos site. It said 'Can be ordered for collection' for all of them.
    Four of the five failed to reserve - it just said "The following items were not purchased" and "Out of stock"
    Seems the site is malfunctioning a small bit..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I brought a broken PS4 controller back to Argos in May 2018. It was in warrenty and they replaced with no trouble.

The replacement controller gave up the ghost last week, it'll charge up but it won't turn on.
    I have the receipt they gave me. Am I entitled to have the new controller replaced under warranty now too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I brought a broken PS4 controller back to Argos in May 2018. It was in warrenty and they replaced with no trouble.

The replacement controller gave up the ghost last week, it'll charge up but it won't turn on.
    I have the receipt they gave me. Am I entitled to have the new controller replaced under warranty now too?

So the receipt still valid until may 2019?
    if so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Yep

When you go back don't go into the whole history of the controller, just say you bought it last May and its still under warranty and leave it at that.

Yep

When you go back don't go into the whole history of the controller, just say you bought it last May and its still under warranty and leave it at that.

That's what I was gonna do but it mentions the return on the receipt. I'm thinking if I don't mention that and they read it, I'll look like I'm trying to pull a fast one or something.

But in my defence, the replacement died within a year.

Thanks for the replies folks.

Ninja edit.

Can I go to any Argos store? Or do I have to go to the one that's on the receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

That's what I was gonna do but it mentions the return on the receipt. I'm thinking if I don't mention that and they read it, I'll look like I'm trying to pull a fast one or something.

But in my defence, the replacement died within a year.

Thanks for the replies folks.

Ninja edit.

Can I go to any Argos store? Or do I have to go to the one that's on the receipt?

Any store... Should be warranty from date of replacement

• Advertisement

Any store... Should be warranty from date of replacement

They changed it for me today. Thank you to everyone who replied.

Advertisement