Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Hannah : Fri 26 - Sat 27 April 2019

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

A near neighbour of mine shared these images of the leaves in her garden:

storm1.jpg

storm2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

a real problem with late seasonal gales. Nothing much was in leaf out here. I am on a UK gardening forum and they record the same damage. Wind burn.

Some of an expanse of nettles here got badly burned and a gunnera all but destroyed and withered on the land facing due north

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'd say it could actually be a combination of wind burn and some frost too. The nights have been colder lately. Had some sycamore saplings that were damaged also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It's that time again.

Here's the maximum 10-minute mean wind speeds for selected Irish stations during Storm Hannah in comparison to other named storms.

Added Newport to the table due to request.

D9SbG2I.png

In terms of the false readings, the historical database gives the same max wind gust for Cork Airport of 63 knots (117 kph) that was reported in synops and yesterday's weather on met.ie a few weeks ago when we initially had the event and I did my storm comparison table. So I'm not sure about this.

Data from Met Éireann.

Advertisement