Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If its back, I feel like I won't enjoy the new format as much. I always love the Saturday 3 PM slots and the midweek slots where theres goals going in everywhere in about 6 or 7 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Given FPL Towers terrible lack of communication over last few months ....I am fascinated to see how long they delay before coming out with a statement on the resumption of the matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Given FPL Towers terrible lack of communication over last few months ....I am fascinated to see how long they delay before coming out with a statement on the resumption of the matches.

I've no doubt there is alot of headless running around and panicking going on in there now so I wouldnt expect anything for another week anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 48,140 ✭✭✭✭km79

http://twitter.com/PAJamieGardner/status/1266307201188184065

http://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1266307636724629505

In fairness they prob need to see the revised fixture list first
    Edging closer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I assumed they'd just throw everything into one gameweek!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,550 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Great news. Roll on June 17th

Will prob have to get KDB back
    Or else play free hit but would lose a valuable transfer
    Not sure I want any other part of pep roulette
    I’ll let others fall into the auba trap again
    Although I do need to get rid of jota
    Hhhmmmmmmm

No I will not do it :D

It’s going to be tricky with no wildcard now . No doubt about it

I used my WC to help navigate a skinny week
    And instead face into a DGW without having benefited from the rank rise in the skinny first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Excellent. Can't wait to start worrying about price changes, will feel like normal again.

• Advertisement

I don't even know who's in my team any more, must log in for a surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Will be interesting to see what people do with chips now with no DGWs on the horizon after the opening GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

FPL mentioning multiple DGW’s.
    Premier League Shareholders this week agreed to a new provisional restart date for the 2019/20 season of Wednesday 17 June, provided that all safety requirements are in place.

The health and welfare of all participants are our priority.

We would like to offer an update to Fantasy Premier League (FPL) managers wondering what this means for their teams.

Once a date is confirmed and the remaining fixtures have been announced, our plan is to resume FPL with additional multiple Gameweeks created to reflect the remaining 92 fixtures.

Aston Villa v Sheffield United and Manchester City v Arsenal, postponed due to the Carabao Cup final, are scheduled to take place on 17 June, two days before a full match round commences on 19 June.

These two fixtures and the full match round that follows would constitute the first full Gameweek.

We would like to remind managers that any chips you retain at present (i.e. Triple Captain, Bench Boost, Free Hit and/or Wildcard) would remain available for you, in accordance with the Game Rules, for these Gameweeks.

We thank FPL managers for their continued patience and will provide you further updates on the game when appropriate.

Multiple gameweeks
    Not
    Multiple double gameweeks

I.e. more than one Gameweek will be added to the game rather than one monster 39
    It was worded poorly though

Kind of ok with having used my wildcard in GW 37 given that I'll have 6 players with DGWs now and I'll probably bank the transfer in week 1 of the return.

I've a free hit and a bench boost to plan for. I wonder if many activated their bench boost in 38 thinking that it was all going to be pushed into one final gameweek. That had been my thoughts for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

CSF wrote: »
    Kind of ok with having used my wildcard in GW 37 given that I'll have 6 players with DGWs now and I'll probably bank the transfer in week 1 of the return.

I've a free hit and a bench boost to plan for. I wonder if many activated their bench boost in 38 thinking that it was all going to be pushed into one final gameweek. That had been my thoughts for a while.

You used your wild card in week 37 when there was no fixtures announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dearg81 wrote: »

As did a lot of people given the information available at the time.

The logic behind it is hardly that cryptic surely? Especially with the downside not being that low. Whereas the upside would have been huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Still a crapshoot to begin. Form is gone. Just have to hope whatever you do you have the guys most likely to do something from the get go. Any players or teams known or not known for firing out the gates most seasons for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Harry kane won't be a must have so!

• Advertisement

Wonder if going young is the way to go ?

More likely to naturally fit or quicker to get up to speed. Players like Mount started the season well iirc. Himself and Abraham could be worth a pop.

Centre backs over full backs or wing backs as less likely to be rotated or substituted ?

Avoiding injury prone players could be more important then ever now although a guy like Antonio could streak like crazy in this scenario.

Will teams that felt the pressure in front of their own fans play without the tension now ? Could benefit Arsenal and West Ham. Likewise will Palace or Sheffield United be less of a force without their fans.

I know nothing about the intention or plans to finish the European competitions but if they are going ahead I wouldn’t touch any City players as I’d expect to see lots of 60-70 minute appearances from Kun and KDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I know nothing about the intention or plans to finish the European competitions but if they are going ahead I wouldn’t touch any City players as I’d expect to see lots of 60-70 minute appearances from Kun and KDB.

I wildcarded in the original gw37 in the hope it would be one big gw38 and had ederson and Merlin in my team might see a bit of a last hurrah as this will be his last few games in a city shirt so would expect to at least get some minutes in most games

I think teams with lots to play for will be much more motivated throughout and coming out of the lockdown situations.

Those 5 teams between Burnley and Southampton in particular I’d be looking to avoid now. I get that they’re professionals but you’d think they also wouldn’t have been too upset if they’d just ended the league as was or with a PPG.

http://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1267389260451151872

Full squad of starters ESSENTIAL
    And then a bit of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

jimmii wrote: »
    As did a lot of people given the information available at the time.

OK I really haven't being paying attention cos I thought there was no info or chance of any games in 37 or 38.

OK I really haven't being paying attention cos I thought there was no info or chance of any games in 37 or 38.

There wasn't but the all that had come out of fpl was that deadlines would be staying the same and no hint that additional gameweeks was even an option so that left the possibility of everything going into one massive gw38 or fpl just ending on the 17th of May as would have been intended if this hadn't happened and obviously in those two scenarios there was no downside to using the WC then. It was pretty much the following day that fpl then suggested more weeks might follow so was super sound timing from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

FH chip will be loaded up for the opening GW, I don't want a team built up of the DGW teams TBH and hard to know how some teams will go so a FH seems the most obvious option.

Rumours maybe of a unlimited WC to kick start the re-start?

shmeee wrote: »
    FH chip will be loaded up for the opening GW, I don't want a team built up of the DGW teams TBH and hard to know how some teams will go so a FH seems the most obvious option.

Rumours maybe of a unlimited WC to kick start the re-start?

Planning on using my FH too. Speculation of all sorts but it's purely speculation. I don't think there should be anything extra dished out but really wouldn't surprise me if there is just to really hammer the people who used it in 37!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

jimmii wrote: »
    Planning on using my FH too. Speculation of all sorts but it's purely speculation. I don't think there should be anything extra dished out but really wouldn't surprise me if there is just to really hammer the people who used it in 37!

An unlimited wildcard would be pointless as everyone would end up with template teams for a very condensed schedule. There'd be very little to separate them. Leave it as is. Those who already used their wildcard saw their benefits already and those who still have it, can do as they please.

• Advertisement

God only knows what they’ll do but I can’t imagine anything other than ‘as you were’ being fair.

Don’t agree with any arguments that I’ve heard for additional free transfers or extra wild card. Or any other additional chips.

Why would it be acceptable to throw out unlimited transfers up till kickoff ? Or why would an extra wildcard be acceptable ? Madness.

If it’s not ‘as you were’ then I’ll be raging but the decision makers will undoubtedly do what’s best for them. So in that regard it will be ‘as you were’.

Advertisement