Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Was reading yesterday that the Bundesliga FF gave everyone unlimited transfer before it restarted and players now have 3FT per week. Not sure about the unlimited transfers but I can see us getting more than 1 FT per week with increased injuries and potential Covid cases

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

God only knows what they’ll do but I can’t imagine anything other than ‘as you were’ being fair.

Don’t agree with any arguments that I’ve heard for additional free transfers or extra wild card. Or any other additional chips.

Why would it be acceptable to throw out unlimited transfers up till kickoff ? Or why would an extra wildcard be acceptable ? Madness.

If it’s not ‘as you were’ then I’ll be raging but the decision makers will undoubtedly do what’s best for them. So in that regard it will be ‘as you were’.

Yea I think it will be as you were, it's less work for them to do if they make no changes apart from adding the extra game weeks. I can't imagine they'd want to create extra work for themselves with any other changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Was reading yesterday that the Bundesliga FF gave everyone unlimited transfer before it restarted and players now have 3FT per week. Not sure about the unlimited transfers but I can see us getting more than 1 FT per week with increased injuries and potential Covid cases

Yeah I think they will give everyone unlimited transfers for the first week back. I don't see the problem with this.

Those with the FH, WC, BB etc still intact can use them as they wish in the remaining gameweeks whilst those who have one or no chips left can avail of a team refresh.

It also caters for the casual player which FPL is all for.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I think around 4 free transfers for everyone starting off would be a fair compromise. Not to be carried over. Just use 'em gw39 or lose 'em. Unlimited transfers gw39 would be just a bailout for managers with teams in really bad condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,133 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If there are no blanks and dgws apart from dgw 39 poor old ben crelin with his hold the wildcard and BB in a dgw at all costs will need a plan B.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,504 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceTel/status/1268127363507859462?s=19

Handy. Would be good if they were all back to back like on Stephens Day.

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceTel/status/1268127363507859462?s=19

Handy. Would be good if they were all back to back like on Stephens Day.

If you watch on prime you need to turn off your phone
    It was WAY behind last time they streamed games
    I didn’t even bother watching the last one as keeping up to date on boards was more fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

km79 wrote: »

I feel like an educated guess would say its aurier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I feel like an educated guess would say its aurier :D

Harry Kane is claiming it, swearing on his daughter's life that it was him apparently :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Premier league clubs have approved 5 substitutes from the restart of league.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,561 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lucas Hood wrote:
    Premier league clubs have approved 5 substitutes from the restart of league.
    That's pretty important. Guys with injury concerns and those who are regularly substituted may not see 60 minutes action.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Darksoul

Bigger teams with squad depth will benefit this rule change,also having 9 players on the subs bench is a blessing for them as well, there will be some load of time wasting in matches.this will also mean harder to get more points for staying on the pitch so is it a good idea to go for smaller club players that are guaranteed starters on every match then?

Going to be a nightmare especially for captaincy
    A lot more luck needed now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Don't like this at all, nightmare scenario.

I'm thinking a strong 11 and weak bench is the way to go here? First 11 almost guarenteed to see action at some point unless he's injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Darksoul

Lundstram wrote: »

I'm thinking a strong 11 and weak bench is the way to go here? First 11 almost guarenteed to see action at some point unless he's injured.
    I have a strong starting 11 players, however I have 3 maybe possible starters for subs as in : Saka(Arsenal) Williams(man utd) and Tanganga(Tottenham).

Can anyone recommend any players that will be starters for under 5million (Defender) and (Midfield). I would rather swap my subs players for guaranteed starters if possible.

The rules of the actual real league have changed during this break . This fundamentally changes the FPL landscape . I will be amazed if unlimited free transfers/wildcard is not given before we resume. As it did for German FF when the Bundesliga changed number of subs allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah thinking that too, bit less need for a bench now, the flair players we like (who tend to be subbed more anyway) will rarely finish a game or not get subbed on. I can't imagine the likes of Sterling ever getting a complete rest now, more chance of a 1 point cameo unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If they can get it over the line quickly could be interesting for fpl as you would imagine his match fitness should be better than anyone else.

jimmii wrote: »
    If they can get it over the line quickly could be interesting for fpl as you would imagine his match fitness should be better than anyone else.

Are you telling me teams can sign players for THIS season? I assumed it was for next season? Is Chelseas ban even up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

km79 wrote:
    Are you telling me teams can sign players for THIS season? I assumed it was for next season? Is Chelseas ban even up ?

Can't they move from June 30th or am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,302 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

He obviously wasn't in their 25-player list in January. He's not Under 21 and he's not home-grown.
    So unless there's been a rule-shift I can't see how he can play this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,204 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Teams cannot sign players outside a transfer window and cannot register new players after the January registration period. Werner can't play for Chelsea, or any other side apart from Leipzig, until next season.

That’s what I thought !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm not sure his playstyle translates well to the PL.

Can't see him bring in my GW1 team, will be one for the watchlist I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Anyone else enjoying the Twitter row between PVA and Katie Hopkins?

Yes, that has happened. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,931 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Yep, thinking of getting him in now. he's clearly on form!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Just had a look. He won it when he said he'd never heard of her, that would drive an idiot like her mad. He's the opposite, seems like great craic.

Advertisement