Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WALKER (2018) Saorview Combo WPS818C

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭decor58

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Android phone

Also find that all channels can be recorded with the app

I've made a Fav list, so channels are numbered 123etc and that epg shows up on the app

I generally edit the recording in the settings adding on a couple of minutes, incase the program runs a little late

You can't watch another channel if recording, however you can watch another recorded program if a recording is active.

I have the app, use it occasionally but it does not show VM channels, it shows VM3 as be3. Do the VM show up for you, you were using it on Saorsat, is that the case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

decor58 wrote: »
    I have the app, use it occasionally but it does not show VM channels, it shows VM3 as be3. Do the VM show up for you, you were using it on Saorsat, is that the case

Yes, recording Coronation Street on Virgin media, but I set that on the 7 day EPG on the box itself

As far as I know it has the Virgin Media channels on the App also, can't check at the moment

Using it with Saorview and Free to Air

No longer using Saorsat

Yes, recording Coronation Street on Virgin media, but I set that on the 7 day EPG on the box itself

As far as I know it has the Virgin Media channels on the App also, can't check at the moment

Using it with Saorview and Free to Air

No longer using Saorsat

The VM names appear in the TV epg, names or epg don't appear in the App, it's not an issue just curious. Recordings work fine on timed recording.

The VM names appear in the TV epg, names or epg don't appear in the App, it's not an issue just curious. Recordings work fine on timed recording.

Right got ye, will check later, I use the app for recording the FTA Satellite

For Saorview I use the 7 day EPG on the box

Yes the Walker app is the same for me with Virgin media 1&2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 bullethead

Hi all, need a bit of help if possible.
    My father bought one of those walker boxes in powercity today. I scanned it in for him today and got all the usual free view channels but he is missing all the channel 4 stations. c4 comes up on channel list but its blank. Has anyone any idea how to tune in the channel 4 stations or what I've done wrong? I've tryed all the frequency codes I could find online but none worked.
    The box is just connected to a standard dish he doesn't have Internet access.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

bullethead wrote: »
    Hi all, need a bit of help if possible.
    My father bought one of those walker boxes in powercity today. I scanned it in for him today and got all the usual free view channels but he is missing all the channel 4 stations. c4 comes up on channel list but its blank. Has anyone any idea how to tune in the channel 4 stations or what I've done wrong? I've tryed all the frequency codes I could find online but none worked.
    The box is just connected to a standard dish he doesn't have Internet access.
    Thanks

Scan the encrypted channels and you will get all the channel 4 stations, the come up as encrypted but there not.

mgn wrote: »
    Scan the encrypted channels and you will get all the channel 4 stations, the come up as encrypted but there not.

Great, I will give that a go.
    Thanks

mgn wrote: »

That worked... Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Hi,

ive just bought one of these.

I have moved my favourite satellite channels up the list under the irish terrestrial channels and deleted ones I dont need.
    But when checking the EPG, it either shows the irish or the satellite channels and not both on the list.
    Is this the way it is designed?

• Advertisement

Hi,

ive just bought one of these.

I have moved my favourite satellite channels up the list under the irish terrestrial channels and deleted ones I dont need.
    But when checking the EPG, it either shows the irish or the satellite channels and not both on the list.
    Is this the way it is designed?

Yes, all channels on one list but separate epg's, 7 day on Saorview, now and next on satellite and you have to click on the channel rather than populating all the sat channels at once.

Yes, all channels on one list but separate epg's, 7 day on Saorview, now and next on satellite and you have to click on the channel rather than populating all the sat channels at once.

Thanks for confirmation.

HD picture quality is great and box is responsive and easy to use..

One thing that's not impressive is the SD quality of some channels.

I don't watch it often but for example VM1 in SD using my tv tuner is quite passable but using the Walker , its as if the sharpness has been turned right down.
    Anyone else notice this?

Thanks for confirmation.

I don't watch it often but for example VM1 in SD using my tv tuner is quite passable but using the Walker , its as if the sharpness has been turned right down.
    Anyone else notice this?

In the settings you can set it to 1080

You could also try the TV colour picture settings on that particular hdmi output

Thanks for confirmation.

Anyone else notice this?

The Walker app on play store is also very good, gives 3 day EPG on all channels, you can also set recordings.

I find I leave the box on, rather than in standby for recordings to always work. I disabled the box going into automatic standby.

Its good to also have the Saorview channels on your TV, as you can watch any Saorview channels on the TV if the box is recording any other channel.

You can watch another recording while the box is recording also.

In the settings you can set it to 1080

You could also try the TV colour picture settings on that particular hdmi output

Thanks. I'll check that. It really is night and day going between the tv tuner SD channels and the walker SD channels at the moment.

The walker is unwatchable in SD, the picture is soft and blurry.

Can someone check on their boxes if that is the SD quality when the video output is set to auto?

Or is my box faulty?

Thanks. I'll check that. It really is night and day going between the tv tuner SD channels and the walker SD channels at the moment.

The walker is unwatchable in SD, the picture is soft and blurry.

Can someone check on their boxes if that is the SD quality when the video output is set to auto?

Or is my box faulty?

I switched the output to 1080p. SD picture still very poor. Thinking of returning it. Pity as like the way it works. Just the SD is bad.

I switched the output to 1080p. SD picture still very poor. Thinking of returning it. Pity as like the way it works. Just the SD is bad.

Can you try the TV picture settings when watching the combo box

On some tvs picture settings are different on the different hdmi outputs

Can you try the TV picture settings when watching the combo box

On some tvs picture settings are different on the different hdmi outputs

There are 3 hdmi connections on my tv. I have tried all 3 and the SD picture is same. It doesn't matter if its SD from saorview or satellite.

I do know that my tv does have very good SD picture compared to some other tv's.

But it really is like night and day between my tv tuner and the walker.

No issues with the HD picture from walker.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Damien_d12

My neighbour has a walkerBox ► WPS818c but it won't boot and the display says init. Any ideas?

Sorry, no it hasn't happened to mine.

I presume you disconnected the power cable and let it reboot.

Otherwise you could contact the supplier,

Best of luck

https://www.glendimplexireland.com/brands/walker-downloads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Init is initialising. I dont have one of these boxes, but its likely to have a fail safe, where you download the firmware file to the root of a usb stick, which you stick the box, turn on (press okay on the box) and let it flash until it resurrects the box. Most have this procedure for recovery. You will then have to rescan for the channels etc

If you send a message to The Cush he may have that firmware, or get onto walker for a link to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Damien_d12

Thanks all. I eventually got it working without flashing a new OS by pressing exit after it got stuck on init.

Advertisement