Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WALKER (2018) Saorview Combo WPS818C

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭decor58

Are you talking about an app on playstore, what is it called as I can't find one.

Yes, it is in the Play store, it's called Walker Smart centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Anyone have a recent sdx file for this box? Missing a few channels and its painful moving them around through the box.

thanks

tototoe wrote: »
    Anyone have a recent sdx file for this box? Missing a few channels and its painful moving them around through the box.

thanks
    Did you download the satcodx channel list during installation, I used the app to move channels when I added the HD channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭tom23

decor58 wrote: »
    Did you download the satcodx channel list during installation, I used the app to move channels when I added the HD channels.

What exactly is this? I found trying to arrange the channels on this tedious enough is there any easier ways?

tom23 wrote: »
    What exactly is this? I found trying to arrange the channels on this tedious enough is there any easier ways?

During installation there is an option to download from the Satcodx list, this then downloads a list BBC, ITV, C4 etc in a reasonable order, I then used the app, Walker Smart centre, to tweek the list.

• Advertisement

Walker app in Play store.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭NurseBridie

During installation there is an option to download from the Satcodx list, this then downloads a list BBC, ITV, C4 etc in a reasonable order, I then used the app, Walker Smart centre, to tweek the list.

I downloaded the Satcodx but when I look at it, there is only a handful of channels in it. The app does not work too well for me, it sometimes refuses to connect. Also I don't have a tablet so trying to use the app on my phone is frustrating, would prefer if there was something for the pc.

I re-scanned my sat channels because the numbers went funny but now I seem to have a load of SKY channels and two of channel 4's but it is too much hassle to figure out what frequency I have added that is causing this. Would be nice to just get the minimum frequency list to tidy things up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭tom23

Walker app in Play store.

Thanks decor and sorry if I’m across as thick as sh@t. Ok so what exactly does this do?

I have the walker box and and have tried to set up favorite lists etc. I find it difficult enough. So is this app help arrange channel lists? Is it just for tv only and not the box? Cheers

Thanks decor and sorry if I’m across as thick as sh@t. Ok so what exactly does this do?

I have the walker box and and have tried to set up favorite lists etc. I find it difficult enough. So is this app help arrange channel lists? Is it just for tv only and not the box? Cheers

It works on TV and box, when I had downloaded the channel list it had BBC NÍ on 301, I changed to London and have it on no 7, BBC 2 on 8 etc, it had the +1 channel behind the current time channel, I switched the order. I setup some favourites but I found it easier to go straight to the number, there weren't that many anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Any reason why timed recordings aren't happening on Channel 4 for me when the box is in standby mode? The lights still flash between the red and the green so it looks like something's recording but there's nothing in the media browser after the recording time elapses. No problem with the Saorview channels or the other satellite ones that I've tried (BBC1 and 2) and timed recordings work for C4 when the box is on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Does ch4 have an epg listing the channel and time correctly,i had a walker pvr which broke after a year and missing recordings on timers and when box stopped working it was replaced with a better enigma2 receiver.

greasepalm wrote: »
    Does ch4 have an epg listing the channel and time correctly,i had a walker pvr which broke after a year and missing recordings on timers and when box stopped working it was replaced with a better enigma2 receiver.

Yeah, all seems to be in order there.

I just tried 3 x 2 minute recordings with the unit in standby. the RTE and BBC ones recorded fine but the C4 didn't.

Yeah, all seems to be in order there.

I just tried 3 x 2 minute recordings with the unit in standby. the RTE and BBC ones recorded fine but the C4 didn't.

I remember when I tuned in Walker boxes before, C4 showed as a scrambled channel, would that have anything to do with it.

I remember when I tuned in Walker boxes before, C4 showed as a scrambled channel, would that have anything to do with it.

Don't know to be honest. Everything looks fine and there doesn't seem to be any difference between C4 and any other channel.

Don't know to be honest. Everything looks fine and there doesn't seem to be any difference between C4 and any other channel.

There was a Dollar sign beside some of the channels, can't remember if C4 was one, if that has anything to do with your issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭greasepalm

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There was a Dollar sign beside some of the channels, can't remember if C4 was one, if that has anything to do with your issue.
    Yeah, C4 is definitely one of the few that Vestel TV's and boxes think are encrpyted, even though they work fine when viewed. I think Channel 5 transponder is the same.

I don't know what way these channels are flagged, that some hardware thinks they're encrypted when in the clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

byte wrote: »
    Yeah, C4 is definitely one of the few that Vestel TV's and boxes think are encrpyted, even though they work fine when viewed. I think Channel 5 transponder is the same.

I don't know what way these channels are flagged, that some hardware thinks they're encrypted when in the clear.

It might be they take anything not on Freesat is encrypted?

It might be they take anything not on Freesat is encrypted?

C4 is on Freesat, C4 HD is missing, the Walker boxes flag all 4's E4, More 4 and other broadcasters as encrypted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

C4 is on Freesat, C4 HD is missing, the Walker boxes flag all 4's E4, More 4 and other broadcasters as encrypted.

Just checked again a Walker WP645TS-HD Saorview Combo in 'Satellite' mode.
    The ITV HDs also affected (ITV SDs are OK)
    Channel 5 + related affected too.
    Also Showcase channel, a channel unrelated to the above also showing encrypted (key symbol) on this Walker.
    The channels are viewable, but recording is blocked, and tuning them in can be a hassle.

Incidentally on Terrestrial the Same 'Saorview' Walker box is apparently unable to show the 2rn testcard (see below), I have tried keying in 51 as instruction says, even tried 051 and 0051 as well as 51, but no testcard.

https://www.2rn.ie/broadcast/saorview-digital-tv/2rn-technical-information/
    2rn transmits the test card on Logical Channel Number (LCN) 51, this channel is a NorDig “hidden” channel and therefore does not appear in the Saorview Approved Receiver Channel List or Electronic Programme Guide (EPG), the channel may be accessed via direct entry of the LCN on the remote control keypad (i.e. select 5 followed by 1)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Are these walker TV's any good, they look good on paper with the freeview and saorview, but how reliable are they, pic quality and do they regularly loose stations.

Phil.x wrote: »
    Are these walker TV's any good, they look good on paper with the freeview and saorview, but how reliable are they, pic quality and do they regularly loose stations.

We have the older model in the canteen in work for about 4 years now, not a problem. The main difference between the old and current, the old one had a freesat setting, so updates were simple. Both are made by Vestel, pic quality fine, at installation you can download a channel list, the main channels (BBC, ITV, C4) don't change frequency too often so it depends on what channels you want, there haven't been a lot of channel changes of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

We bought one last year as 2nd television. Soarview and Freeview. In terms of value for money its excellent - prone to the odd glitch but nothing that isn't sorted by turning it off and on again.

Sound and picture are perfectly fine for our modest requirements. No sound bar or external speakers required.

Had to retune it once in 12 months.

Any thoughts on this tv, I'm looking to use it for saorview and sat, does it have the one channel list view.

https://www.glendimplexireland.com/brands/walker/smart-satellite-tv/wp4k4300sm1

Or something similar, my old man has an lg and it's such a pain switching between sat and saorview.

Any thoughts on this tv, I'm looking to use it for saorview and sat, does it have the one channel list view.

https://www.glendimplexireland.com/brands/walker/smart-satellite-tv/wp4k4300sm1

Or something similar, my old man has an lg and it's such a pain switching between sat and saorview.

I can't say for sure but I have a smaller Walker (24in) and all channels are on 1 list, separate epg's. Does the LG have favourite buttons, other on here have said you can put RTÉ on one and BBC 1 on the other, a quick way of switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

LG Quick Access
    Follow the below process to activate quick access feature in 2017 Web OS 3.5 Smart TV;
    1) Press & hold “0” button on remote to open Quick Access window on screen
    2) Select any of the column on screen displayed and click on it to
    add your Favorite Application or RF Channel.
    3) For use Quick access feature,
    press & hold numeric key which you had assigned earlier for an application or a TV channel.
    https://www.lg.com/in/support/product-help/CT20150005-20150384421089

Assign BBC1 to any key 1-9 and long press it to go to satellite. Short press '1' to go back to RTE1 / terrestrial.

So went with this tv for the bedroom! Got a good deal €296ish delivered to dublin, yes theres a new model but its €399
    https://www.electrocity.ie/product/walker-43-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-with-satellite-tuner/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Have set the Walker Combo up again after our Humax hdr gave up after 11 years.

Using the combo for Saorview and FTA satellite
    Also have a 500g hard drive attached
    Walker Smart App is very good, giving 3 day program guide, easy to set recordings.

Also have Saorview on the TV, so can watch Saorview on TV if the box is recording.

Happy enough with it now

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭NurseBridie

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Have set the Walker Combo up again after our Humax hdr gave up after 11 years.

Using the combo for Saorview and FTA satellite
    Also have a 500g hard drive attached
    Walker Smart App is very good, giving 3 day program guide, easy to set recordings.

Also have Saorview on the TV, so can watch Saorview on TV if the box is recording.

Happy enough with it now

The app is not working well for me, are you Apple or Android?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

The app is not working well for me, are you Apple or Android?

Android phone

Also find that all channels can be recorded with the app

I've made a Fav list, so channels are numbered 123etc and that epg shows up on the app

I generally edit the recording in the settings adding on a couple of minutes, incase the program runs a little late

You can't watch another channel if recording, however you can watch another recorded program if a recording is active.

Advertisement