Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Pat!!!
    R.I.P.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Pat!!!
    R.I.P.
    :(

You drop it or did it come apart or something?

You drop it or did it come apart or something?

Not your fault Pat!

I dropped it... disgusted with myself

Not your fault Pat!

I dropped it... disgusted with myself

I'm actually amazed I've never had a major 'accident' myself. Couple of bottles tipped over a a bit spilled but that's about it. Have dropped a couple of the cube 50ml bottles but they're bulletproof - one or two got chipped, that's about it.

I'm actually amazed I've never had a major 'accident' myself. Couple of bottles tipped over a a bit spilled but that's about it. Have dropped a couple of the cube 50ml bottles but they're bulletproof - one or two got chipped, that's about it.

I could cry... reached into my jacket pocket to pull out my wallet..and of course it caught in my hand and fell out.
    I dropped a cube bottle last year on the same tiled floor and it literally bounced without a scratch.
    Work smells amazing now though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Running low on Rasputin, I have to save it now for special occasions. One hell of a scent

Feck it, I'm done waiting - new June list just gone out by email! Will add here on Boards in a few days once images coded etc.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Running low on Rasputin, I have to save it now for special occasions. One hell of a scent

You might have to replace it with its apparent inspiration Clive Christian X - that'd be for VERY special occasions though given the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Pat, could you put me down for 50Ml of Creed Erolfa. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭Robson99

Pat
    Can you put me down for
    30ml of Silver Mountain Water
    20ml of Nicolai NY Intense
    20ml of Marc Antoine Barrois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Robson99 wrote: »
    Pat
    Can you put me down for
    30ml of Silver Mountain Water
    20ml of Nicolai NY Intense
    20ml of Marc Antoine Barrois

Hey Pat, are you doing these frags? They're not on the first page.

Passenger wrote: »
    Hey Pat, are you doing these frags? They're not on the first page.

New list went out by email a couple of days ago. I don't have your email though dude! It'll be going on Boards once images coded etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Martin maloney

Lashed on some TF oud wood going to work on Tuesday. I can now honestly say that this fragrance belongs in my 'impact sub' section as within 15 minutes of arriving to work I'd been complimented twice. Although longevity is a bit of an issue this is a definite compliment beast for the first 2 hours of wear.

Lashed on some TF oud wood going to work on Tuesday. I can now honestly say that this fragrance belongs in my 'impact sub' section as within 15 minutes of arriving to work I'd been complimented twice. Although longevity is a bit of an issue this is a definite compliment beast for the first 2 hours of wear.

I personally don't like Oud Wood that much, but I know I'm very much in a minority on that - just my nose I guess.....

I'll be doing an 'oud special' of sorts in autumn actually. Have six or seven bottles already, including some nice stuff. Out of sheer bloody mindedness I mightn't actually include Oud Wood but we'll see. Got a sample of DS & Durga Notorious Oud today and gave it a spray - NOW I know what 'barnyard' oud smells like.....**** me, the opening was horsey alright! Few new releases from rising stars Swedoft this week as well, including the promising sounding 'X Oud' - although our Swedish friends seem to have caught the virus of rising prices.....

Good news and bad news on some requests! All of the outstanding shipments from May have suddenly 'appeared' at An Post in Dublin over the last couple of days, some of them having departed France as much as a month ago and then disappearing. Now, I'm not accusing An Post of being a bunch of lying ****s (they flatly denied having any of them) who had them stashed away in Dublin / Portlaoise until they got around to sorting them, but it's a bit 'mysterious' that they've all turned up now - it's the same for some other people I'm in contact with as well.

Anyway, I'm waiting until they're delivered (tomorrow presumably) before confirming deliveries for this week as I want to make sure they're still intact after their voyage! I won't get everything out this week I'd say, but expect all the Original Vetiver, Bois du Portugal, Cologne Indelelible and Beau de Jour to ship anyway as long as I'm not waiting for something else on the order.

The bad news is in relation to the more recent Creed stuff that I haven't even listed on Boards yet. Went with a different supplier as they use FedEx precisely so as to avoid shipment problems. Ordered 500ml Virgin Island Water and 3 x 100ml Silver Mountain Water. They turn around then and say they don't actually have the VIW in stock despite their site saying otherwise, and only have 2 SMW - of which they only sent one (although admittedly it did get here in 24 hours). They have more Creed coming this week - I'll be chasing it up with them and contacting people as appropriate.....

Also had a 'process improvement' this week as I finally got delivery of a box from China (after about three months) containing syringes and special connectors to fit them to the sprayer stem in fragrance bottles - allows me to directly 'suck' the liquid out of the bottle. Should have got them before! Much faster than spraying out the juice, even using a little tube adapter I had. Costs a bit extra as new syringe for each fragrance but so much easier!:)

The joys of being a pandemic perfume purveyor :)

The joys of being a pandemic perfume purveyor :)

Been kinda squeaky bum territory last few weeks waiting for those packages to appear!

Been kinda squeaky bum territory last few weeks waiting for those packages to appear!

Anything nice arriving that I could add to my order? ;)

Good news and bad news on some requests! All of the outstanding shipments from May have suddenly 'appeared' at An Post in Dublin over the last couple of days, some of them having departed France as much as a month ago and then disappearing. Now, I'm not accusing An Post of being a bunch of lying ****s (they flatly denied having any of them) who had them stashed away in Dublin / Portlaoise until they got around to sorting them, but it's a bit 'mysterious' that they've all turned up now - it's the same for some other people I'm in contact with as well.

A few items my parents and OH were due to receive never arrived either and my parents recieved something that had definitely been tampered with and no reason for it to go through customs.

Something is definitely fishy going on with An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Get your stuff sent in Amazon packaging. It'll fly through then.

• Advertisement

Very very true

Mc Love wrote: »
    Something is definitely fishy going on with An Post
    Yeah, I was talking to an (Irish) colleague in Austria last week and she said that the Austrian postal service had only just restarted taking post destined for Ireland, having suspended it for most of the Covid crisis due to the delays and 'missing in action' parcels. Have noticed a number of AliExpress sellers now not sending to Ireland either that had previously.

Got most of me stuff today anyway - one parcel still in Dublin for some reason.....

Soarer wrote: »
    Get your stuff sent in Amazon packaging. It'll fly through then.
    Amazon Prime has been a disaster recently - routinely two weeks delivery - for Paddies only though!

Anything nice arriving that I could add to my order? ;)

Must order a few more bits actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Amazon Prime has been a disaster recently - routinely two weeks delivery - for Paddies only though!

Yeah, noticed that too.

Order before midnight last night (Sunday) for delivery to PM tomorrow (Tuesday).
    Same order, Wednesday week to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 quinne22

Hi Pat,

Received the Tom Ford & ADP Arancia di capri a few days ago, packaging was very impressive. Very happy with both of them especially the Arancia di capri. Very much one for the summer as you said.

Thanks againðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Pat if there is not interest in Creed Erolfa I go for something else. I have GIT and Aventus. What other Creeds will become avaiible?

Last of the 'slow boat from...err...France' packages arrived this morning:

attachment.php?attachmentid=516817&stc=1&d=1592433910

Ordered 8th of May believe it or not - would have quite possibly been quicker to walk over there, pick it up, and walk back! Some stuff still backed up from later orders but things seem to be a bit better anyway albeit still unexplained gaps once stuff leaves France. Having almost the reverse problem now - ordering elsewhere to use FedEx shipping and finding stuff out of stock despite catalogue stating otherwise.....
    Pat if there is not interest in Creed Erolfa I go for something else. I have GIT and Aventus. What other Creeds will become avaiible?
    Erolfa is about half sold but I haven't had a chance yet to put the new list here on Boards yet - hoping to get to this tomorrow and hopefully boost interest in it.....

I must have missed that Frederic Malle one - :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Met Pat yesterday to collect my newest scents

Great packaging as usual

Looking forward to having a few nights out to road test the scents properly lol

Thanks Pat :)

• Advertisement

My package came today:

Hmm that Millesime Imperial is sexy :cool: almost something feminine about it but you'd get away wearing it yourself.

The Acqua di Parma - Colonia Leather is great too, bit smoky when you first smell it but settles down nicely. It is my first leather scent too. Always been a bit wary of the leather ones but something nice about it

Advertisement