Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Martin maloney

Hi Pat,
    Package received safe and sound yesterday many thanks once again for the excellent service and packaging!

Was blown away by the coconut note upon opening with VIW and a hint of Lime in there too. That takes me back to the Maldives..... sipping coconut rum on the beach for my lunch! The wife gives it a massive thumbs up also aswell as the creed milliseme.

The Diptyque and Dior Sauvage shall be put away until autumn/Winter Direction as I think they are more geared towards that time of Year although I am dosed in the Diptyque today for the craic to give it a proper road test. Its definitely more manly alright as it has a strong woody/sandalwood essence to it.

The Fredric Malle is just lovely , probably one of the nicest scents I've worn yet.

Keep up the great work!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Did a side by side testing of Faviol Seferi's Insomnia and Kilian's Black Phantom yesterday. Insomnia is supposedly heavily 'inspired' by the Kilian (or is it By Kilian?!), and I just happened to get a sample of Black Phantom in the other day so decided to compare. And........woah that's close! Can tell some mild differences but that's probably because I know which is which - going in blind would be very difficult to discern I reckon. So expect a very warming fragrance - rum, chocolate, coffee, sandalwood, vanilla; sweet, but not overly so either. What's even sweeter is its price - at €19 / 37 for 10 / 20ml, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than a Kilian split (whose prices have been described as "immoral")!

And speaking of Kilian......hoping to have a couple of good 'uns in the door shortly - full fat presentation too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Mike Hough

Dark Lord & Straight to Heaven would be interesting..

Mike Hough wrote: »
    Dark Lord & Straight to Heaven would be interesting..

50% correct!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Love the Kilian stuff Pat, so good to see you're doing some in future, have a few already so hopefully something i dont have :)

The best performing aftershaves I've ever had, Amouage levels.. but Kilian a much easier wear; subtle and sophisticated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Hi Guys,

Just a heads up about something a little bit intresting.

Apparently Space has a smell and Nasa developed a fragrance to mimic the smell so that astronauts would not be caught off guard.

A company has gotten its hands on the formula and is now attempting to mass produce it via kickstarted where they claim for every bottle purchased they will also donate a bottle to a STEM program.

Its notes are seared steak, raspberries, and rum

Not too sure if its bull but it brings a cool talking point to any collection.

€33 euro for a bottle to ireland with shipping.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eaudespace/what-does-outer-space-smell-like-nasa-designed-fragrance/description

Hi Guys,

Just a heads up about something a little bit intresting.

Apparently Space has a smell and Nasa developed a fragrance to mimic the smell so that astronauts would not be caught off guard.

A company has gotten its hands on the formula and is now attempting to mass produce it via kickstarted where they claim for every bottle purchased they will also donate a bottle to a STEM program.

Its notes are seared steak, raspberries, and rum

Not too sure if its bull but it brings a cool talking point to any collection.

€33 euro for a bottle to ireland with shipping.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eaudespace/what-does-outer-space-smell-like-nasa-designed-fragrance/description

Sounds like a decent Saturday night!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

If that's real could be an interesting one for the collection all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

Can you have a smell without air?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Another delivery from Pat yesterday, the usual top notch wrapping.
    Anyone else enjoy unrolling the parafilm without tearing it....anyone.....ok its just me so :pac:

TF Soleil Blanc - I think a review on Fragrantica sums this up perfectly
    It conjures up the best moments that we all enjoy summer vacations the beach and having a good time under the sun
    and
    Sunshine dipped in coconut
    The perfect coronavirus scent I reckon, transports you to a sunny beach!

Now, I have to convince myself I don't need a full bottle of this at €188 retail per 50ml :eek:

Cheers Pat, as usual top notch!

• Advertisement

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Another delivery from Pat yesterday, the usual top notch wrapping.
    Anyone else enjoy unrolling the parafilm without tearing it....anyone.....ok its just me so :pac:
    !

The ol' Parafilm is great stuff - used in labs all over the world to seal liquids in bottles. It's bloody pricey but I wouldn't use anything else. Me? I'd rip it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

Thanks Pat for latest package.

You will have to get Malibu : party in the bay back in.
    Quality, Quality Fragrance and will fly through the 20ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Hi Pat

My first order !

Can I take 20ml Tom Ford Soleil Blanc please?

1966 wrote: »
    Hi Pat

My first order !

Can I take 20ml Tom Ford Soleil Blanc please?

It's all gone I'm afraid! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Not to worry. Would you have 20ml Juliette Has a Gun?

1966 wrote: »
    Not to worry. Would you have 20ml Juliette Has a Gun?

Whoops, missed this. Yip, have that - will drop you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Cheers for my stuff again pat, only had a chance to open today. A1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭Robson99

Ya Pat. Mine arrived as well last week. . Very happy. Will leave reviews here in a day or two but all good

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭jaybe1

Hey Pat could I get 10ml of these if possible please. First time buyer.
    Parfums de Marly - Darley
    Juliette Has A Gun

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Erolfa received with thanks Pat. Quality from Creed.

Stick me down for some Juliette Has A Gun.

Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Hey Pat, package received with thanks, the silver mountain water is nice, and the Erolfa is lovely as well. Hope things are well!

Kilian special!
    519208.jpg

Dark Lord (RRP €295 / 50ml)
    Potent leather, vetiver, rum, smoke.
    20ml available at €34 / 10ml or €66 / 20ml (splits bottles).

Gold Knight (RRP €260 / 50ml)
    Takes the honey note of Back to Black and adds a deep, dark note.
    30ml available at €29 / 10ml, €54 / 20ml, or €83 for 30ml in the original 50ml bottle (full fat presentation - case and refillable bottle).

Drop me a PM or post here if interested. In hand, ready to go.
    jaybe1 wrote: »
    Hey Pat could I get 10ml of these if possible please. First time buyer.
    Parfums de Marly - Darley
    Juliette Has A Gun
    Darley all gone I'm afraid! Good for the JHAG - will drop you a line
    Soulsun wrote: »
    Erolfa received with thanks Pat. Quality from Creed.

Stick me down for some Juliette Has A Gun.

Many thanks.

JHAG just gone as above. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Forgot to post to thank you for the last batch Pat. Loving New York Intense and Forest but I'm still unsure on Ganymede. Might take a few wears. Santal 33 took me a while and now I love the stuff.
    Forest is one of those perfect simple fragrances that can be worn any time which I love. Intrigued by the rest of the Rook line up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Forgot to post to thank you for the last batch Pat. Loving New York Intense and Forest but I'm still unsure on Ganymede. Might take a few wears. Santal 33 took me a while and now I love the stuff.
    Forest is one of those perfect simple fragrances that can be worn any time which I love. Intrigued by the rest of the Rook line up now.

Forest?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭jaybe1

Hey Pat I'll take 10ml of the Gold Knight instead of darley. Thanks.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Forest?
    Towards the end:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113777413&postcount=3755

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Ganymede proved very popular actually, but NYI and Forest would be my preferences too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Interesting read for Creed enthusiasts:

http://scentbound.co/the-creed-acquisition-what-happens-next/

Speaking of Creed any Green Irish Tweed in stock or planned Pat?
    My latest three bottles of Creed are fabulous.

jim o doom wrote: »
    Yeah, a lot of people are crying about cheaping out on the ingredients etc which ignores the fact that it usually costs SFA to make the actual juice. Agree that likely to see a cull of slow sellers, better QC and plenty of flankers!
    TCP/IP wrote: »
    Speaking of Creed any Green Irish Tweed in stock or planned Pat?
    My latest three bottles of Creed are fabulous.
    Nope, no GIT to hand at the moment or planned in the next few months anyway I'm afraid. In fairness, it's hard to go wrong with Creed!

• Advertisement

Yeah, a lot of people are crying about cheaping out on the ingredients etc which ignores the fact that it usually costs SFA to make the actual juice. Agree that likely to see a cull of slow sellers, better QC and plenty of flankers!

Nope, no GIT to hand at the moment or planned in the next few months anyway I'm afraid. In fairness, it's hard to go wrong with Creed!

Thanks Pat I will take 50ml of GIT if you get it back in.

Advertisement