Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That sample is Aventus for her? Seems nice too - will see what the missus thinks before she kills me. If you dont hear from me ever again - you'll know why

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Mc Love wrote: »
    That sample is Aventus for her? Seems nice too - will see what the missus thinks before she kills me. If you dont hear from me ever again - you'll know why

Pretty sure I put that in there alright.

Loving that Millesime

:D

Shipping times - please note!
    There are severe shipping delays between some European countries and Ireland due to the Coronovirus situation. This includes France, from where I get a lot of stuff, especially Creed. Packages coming via La Poste / Colissimo would normally take a week to be delivered to me - they are now taking a month or more! This makes it very difficult for me to give delivery estimates to you guys as currently I just don't know when I'll get the stuff in hand. I do apologise in advance for the uncertainty and the delays but unfortunately, there's not really much I can do about it! Do rest assured that when stuff comes in it'll be split and sent out by me ASAP.

Bottle sizes
    Glass bottles: 10ml, 25 / 30 ml (same bottle), 50ml. NB: new batch of 10ml glass bottles I've just (March 2020) started using actually hold slightly less, about 9.6ml - apologies.
    Plastic bottles: 10ml, 20ml.

Note 20ml splits are available in plastic bottles only

"Open splits" need to get a minimum number of people signed up to go ahead.

Shipping
    Courier: €12.50 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.
    An Post: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

Full payment details will be provided by PM / email - I take Revolut, bank transfer, or PayPal.

I also have the following available in hand as of 18/6/2020:

Creed - Aventus: €85 per 50ml. More coming shortly.
    Les Senteurs Gourmandes - Thé Absolu: Cedar, green tea and mint – light and unisex. €8 for 10ml.
    Burren Perfumery - Aran / Man of Aran: unisex marine / citrus with Burren herbs. €8.50 for 10ml.
    Tom Ford - Soleil Blanc: coconut / suncreen summer scent. €39 for 20ml. One only. NB bottle is on the way to me as of 18/6.
    Parfums de Marly - Darley: Light spring / summer citrus / lavender. €17 for 10ml, €32 for 20ml, €39.50 for 25ml. 35ml left.
    Juliette Has A Gun - Citizen Queen: Suave female powder / iris scent - more of a 'going out' fragrance. €15.50 for 10ml, €28.50 for 20ml. 30ml left, bottled as 20 and 10ml.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CREED
    375x500.4248.jpg

Erolfa *open split*
    A summer banger from Creed - citrus and salty marine. RRP €190 / 50ml.
    €80 for 50ml. Need another couple of names for this one to go ahead....

................................................................................................................

PROFUMUM ROMA
    375x500.3887.jpg

Acqua E Zucchero *in hand*
    Super sweet summery scent from high end Italian house Profumum Roma. Candyfloss, vanilla, sugar. Unisex. RRP €220 for 100ml.
    €27.50 for 10ml, €51.50 for 20ml, €74.50 for 30ml. 30ml left.

................................................................................................................

AMOUAGE
    375x500.9920.jpg

Opus II *in hand*
    From the lighter end of the Amouage range comes this barbershop-esque fougere - lavender, herbs, pepper, wood. RRP ~€250 for 50ml.
    €20 for 10ml, €37 for 20ml, €52.50 for 30ml. 30ml left

FAVIOL SEFERI
    375x500.61363.jpg

Insomnia *in hand*
    Low profile online house here, with just one fragrance. There's a few of those around, but this fragrance is getting quite a few very good reviews. Darker scent here, with chocolate, caramel and rum. Comparisons abound with Kilian's Black Phantom (some say it's a clone), which costs A LOT more.
    €19 for 10ml or €37 for 20ml.

NICOLAI
    375x500.28180.jpg

New York Intense *in hand*
    Garnering great respect among reviewers, Patricia de Nicolai is very much up and coming. This is perhaps her best - unisex leaning masculine, with oakmoss, lavender, citrus and a whole bunch of other smells. Very classy. Recommended.
    €23 for 10ml, €42.50 for 20ml, €62 for 30ml. 30ml left.

ST JOHN'S
    b0b4ef7e8c19f5bfe1935d51d385ace3.jpg

Bay Rum *in hand*
    Something a little different here. Bay Rum is a whole genre in itself - normally used as an aftershave splash, but can be used as hair tonic and has traditionally been used for medicinal purposes too. So take bay leaves, add spices and assorted other secret ingredients, stick them into rum - voila, bay rum! There's many versions of bay rum around but, having combed through forums so you don't have to, St John's seems to very much be in with a shout of being the "world's best". Not available on this side of the Atlantic I think so had to be imported from the US. Expect a big bang of cloves, alongside eucalyptus and spices. Ideally applied by hand after a good wet shave - but I don't have splash bottles so sprayers it is - spray, or squirt in your hand and apply as you like! As an aftershave splash though, don't expect all day longevity - more of a pick me up.
    €21.50 for 20ml, €30 for 30ml, or €45 for 50ml.

FLORIS
    375x500.5543.jpg

Santal *in hand*
    No surprise that this is a sandalwood dominant masculine, with lavender and spices as well. A review hit.
    €13.50 for 10ml, €25.50 for 20ml, €36 for 30ml, or €51 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box.

MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA
    375x500.30262.jpg

At the Barber's *in hand*
    A classic barbershop cologne - lavender, soap, leather.
    €15 for 10ml, €27.50 for 20ml, €39 for 30ml.

ROOK PERFUMERY
    375x500.59349.jpg

Forest *in hand*
    Seriously cult outfit forging their own path. Forest is breathtakingly green, with some hints of fellow cultists' Rogue's Mousse Illuminee. "A walk in a forest. Pine trees surround you. The smell of wet wood and rain" .
    €24 for 10ml, €46 for 20ml, €63 for 30ml. 30ml portion in original 50ml bottle and box.

MURDOCK LONDON
    murdock-london-black-tea-cologne---_mdhcfrbt100_1x.jpg

Black Tea *in hand*
    Vogueish UK grooming company here, with a sideline in traditional fragrances. Expect cloves, nutmeg, musk, leather and spices. Great reviews. I found the opening decent, but the drydown excellent.
    €13.50 for 10ml, €24.50 for 20ml, €35 for 30ml. 30ml left.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Am I down for the Erolfa Pat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Morning Pat,
    Stick my name in the pot for Erolfa please.
    Many thanks,
    ðŸ™

Am I down for the Erolfa Pat?

Down as a 'possible' IIRC (not at computer now).

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Martin maloney

It's father's Day......time to break out the ould cologne indelible! 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Loving that Millesime

:D

Wear it a lot great summer scent

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

Hey Pat, can I get you to hold on to 20ml of the Amouage to go with the VIW when it arrives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Hi Pat what do you have for ladies?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Put me down for Erolfa please.

Soulsun wrote: »
    Morning Pat,
    Stick my name in the pot for Erolfa please.
    Many thanks,
    ðŸ™
    Put me down for Erolfa please.

Looks like Erolfa is go folks!

Hmm.....not getting new post notifications from Boards for some reason.
    It's father's Day......time to break out the ould cologne indelible! ��
    Yes, love it. Must say my tastes have got very 'classic' over the last while and I really like a dash of neroli in summer - Cologne Indelelible, Castile, etc.
    AAAAAAAAA wrote: »
    Hey Pat, can I get you to hold on to 20ml of the Amouage to go with the VIW when it arrives?
    Sure, will email you. Apologies, haven't emailed folks yet directly re VIW delay but it's out of stock at supplier (despite their bloody site saying otherwise when I ordered it.....am chasing it up).
    1966 wrote: »
    Hi Pat what do you have for ladies?
    Only 'pure' female I have is Citizen Queen by Juliette Has a Gun - IMHO an excellent powder / iris night time fragrance. Have 30ml left - am pretty sure I have this bottled already in 10ml @ €15.50 and 20ml @ €28.50 but can confirm if necessary. Much of what I have is unisex, albeit generally masculine oriented. In terms of what would be most likely appreciated by a woman, I would say Acqua E Zucchero by Profumum Roma (30ml left), Aran by Burren Perfumery and Thé Absolu by Senteurs Gourmandes. Less safe bets but still not overtly masculine are Amouage Opus II, Faviol Seferi Insomnia, Rook Forest and Tom Ford Noir de Noir. I do have 20ml of Tom Ford Soleil Blanc which may well fot the bill but am awaiting confirmation of this being taken.

My OH loves the Colonia Leather (AdP) and is saying she would wear it. Said the Millesime isnt bad either (once I told her it was unisex)

My OH loves the Colonia Leather (AdP) and is saying she would wear it. Said the Millesime isnt bad either (once I told her it was unisex)

Would have thought a woman would prefer the Millesime over the Leather but everyone's different!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Parkman77

Collected a couple of bottles from Pat at the weekend.

Tom Ford - Fougere d'Argent. A mix of Beau De Jour and Layton Royal Essence to me. Really nice, subtle. Bit different to the usual TF stuff. Nice everyday one for the office.

Frederic Malle - Cologne Indelebile. Pat told me it was good. And it is! Big fan of the Malle’s I have to say. I have a few in the collection at this stage. They are big smells. But this is far more refined. Very classy. Another easy wear.

Creed - Bois Du Portugal. Classic 80’s scent, but with a lot of depth. Smells like it’s got a tonne of ingredients. Every time you get a sniff of something different. An absolute classic.

Parkman77 wrote: »
    Collected a couple of bottles from Pat at the weekend.

Tom Ford - Fougere d'Argent. A mix of Beau De Jour and Layton Royal Essence to me. Really nice, subtle. Bit different to the usual TF stuff. Nice everyday one for the office.

Frederic Malle - Cologne Indelebile. Pat told me it was good. And it is! Big fan of the Malle’s I have to say. I have a few in the collection at this stage. They are big smells. But this is far more refined. Very classy. Another easy wear.

Creed - Bois Du Portugal. Classic 80’s scent, but with a lot of depth. Smells like it’s got a tonne of ingredients. Every time you get a sniff of something different. An absolute classic.

Three solid choices there alright. Wearing BdP myself today and it's yum. Some similarities with Nicolai - New York Intense although I slightly prefer the NYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

Hi pat,

Can you stick me down for 20ml of Soleil Blanc if you've any left?
    Also VIW if you get it in

Hi pat,

Can you stick me down for 20ml of Soleil Blanc if you've any left?
    Also VIW if you get it in

Last 20ml of the Soleil Blanc actually sold, just awaiting payment I'm afraid. Arrived the other day, splitting tonight. VIW all gone too apologies.

• Advertisement

Last orders on these - get 'em now while you still can!

Creed - Erolfa: €80 per 50ml. On the way, two bottles left.
    Profumum Roma - Acqua E Zucchero. 20ml left @ €27.50/51.50 for 10/20ml.
    Nicolai - New York Intense: €23/42.50/61 for 10/20/30ml. 30ml available in nice original bottle and box.
    Amouage - Opus II. 30ml left at €20/37/52.50.
    Rook - Forest: 20ml left at €24/46 for 10/20ml.
    Burren Perfumery - Aran / Man of Aran: unisex marine / citrus with Burren herbs. €8.50 for 10ml.
    Murdock London - Black Tea: Last 20ml available at €24.50
    Parfums de Marly - Darley: Light spring / summer citrus / lavender. €17 for 10ml, €32 for 20ml, €39.50 for 25ml. 35ml left.
    Juliette Has A Gun - Citizen Queen: Suave female powder / iris scent - more of a 'going out' fragrance. €15.50 for 10ml, €28.50 for 20ml. 30ml left, bottled as 20 and 10ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Package received, cheers Pat..

Silver Mountain Water is the business, something in it, dont know if its green tea or ink or what, I love it!

Also, the 20ml sprayers, some amount of juice out of them, savage!

Package received, cheers Pat..

Silver Mountain Water is the business, something in it, dont know if its green tea or ink or what, I love it!

Also, the 20ml sprayers, some amount of juice out of them, savage!

SMW does very little for me TBH - but that just seems to be me really as most like it! 10ml and 20ml plastic bottles have beast mode sprayers alright!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I will take Creed - Erolfa from you Pat please just sent you an email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Mike Hough

Showered and a spray of Mancera "Lemon Line"
    May as well smell summery even if the weather doesn't support it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Wearing Viking today

Great scent

I prefer it to Aventus now

TCP/IP wrote: »
    I will take Creed - Erolfa from you Pat please just sent you an email.
    Sure.

Last bottle left now of Erolfa - now's the time to jump if you've been sitting on the fence on this one - doubt I'll have it back anytime soon.
    Mike Hough wrote: »
    Showered and a spray of Mancera "Lemon Line"
    May as well smell summery even if the weather doesn't support it :)
    Yeah, I had Atelier Cologne - Bergamote Soleil today which is fairly similar - citrusy goodness!
    Cyrus wrote: »
    Wearing Viking today

Great scent

I prefer it to Aventus now
    Yeah, Viking is top notch - I prefer it to Aventus as well and others have expressed the same opinion to me. Feels a little 'older' than Aventus though, although that not's not a problem for me at my age! Also fits the current weather better than the citruses mentioned above! Maybe try Bois du Portugal if you can - it smells very different but I think hits a similar 'zone'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Mike Hough

Sure.

Yeah, I had Atelier Cologne - Bergamote Soleil today which is fairly similar - citrusy goodness!'.

I have a bottle of that from you and all, I actually prefer it ...it's a lighter, less in your face scent than the Mancera...

I haven't seen the Viking on a list in quite a while? Will you do it again Pat or is just too pricey?

Mike Hough wrote: »
    I have a bottle of that from you and all, I actually prefer it ...it's a lighter, less in your face scent than the Mancera...

I haven't seen the Viking on a list in quite a while? Will you do it again Pat or is just too pricey?

Did it not too long ago IIRC - start of the year? Will definitely be listing it again - usually stick it up around Autumn. Not as easy to move as the Aventus though.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

After battling through the packaging with my blowtorch and chainsaw, I can safely say I am very impressed with my purchases!
    Seriously though Pat, 10/10 as always; everything arrived in perfect condition, on time and all smell great!

Creed milliseme is the favourite according to the missus!

Advertisement