Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chase

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

Watching The Chase just now and two things struck me about The Beast.
    He seems to have a slight shake in his head.
    He got a question wrong and said “I can see it, but cannot remember what it is”. It’s the second time that I’ve heard him say that in recent weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I cant warm to Beat the Chasers at all . I must prefer the old format

Much harder to play along. In the original format you could see how many questions you'd have got correct in the cash builder and if you'd have got through at the table. With Beat The Chasers it's not possible to play from home. Still, I wish I could apply to any version of The Chase and go on the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,141 ✭✭✭✭Water John

In the head to head I think you have to pick one side to play with, usually the contestant. You couldn't keep up with answering or trying to answer both sides.

imfml wrote: »
    Much harder to play along. In the original format you could see how many questions you'd have got correct in the cash builder and if you'd have got through at the table. With Beat The Chasers it's not possible to play from home. Still, I wish I could apply to any version of The Chase and go on the show!

I dont mind Beat the Chasers but my father, who controls the remote doesn't like it at all.

But yeah, same as you, I'd love to go on it. I've got my strategy mapped out and everything.

No, I'm not a nerd at all...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Gone right off the Chase in general.

Must be nearing cancellation at this stage.

The "big mean chaser" shtick is boring now when they're so often very complimentary and happy for the winning contestants.

Beat the Chasers is worse again. How can the Chasers be the one that sets the time allowed? Sure what's to stop them saying they want 50 seconds for every level? It's probably a disadvantage to do good in the cash builder too because then you get less time for the higher offer.

• Advertisement

Pussyhands wrote: »

The "big mean chaser" shtick is boring now when they're so often very complimentary and happy for the winning contestants.

Beat the Chasers is worse again. How can the Chasers be the one that sets the time allowed? Sure what's to stop them saying they want 50 seconds for every level? It's probably a disadvantage to do good in the cash builder too because then you get less time for the higher offer.

With a regular audience of three to five million, The Chase is one of ITV's most successful daytime shows ever. The show has been nominated six times at the National Television Awards, winning in 2016, 2017 and 2019.

Yeah, its definitely on the verge of being cancelled. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Beat the Chasers is worse again. How can the Chasers be the one that sets the time allowed?

I'd say it's the producers that decide the time for each option.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,827 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

lertsnim wrote: »
    I'd say it's the producers that decide the time for each option.
    Same as the money offer in the normal game.

No way are the chasers let loose with those decisions!

Hard to judge how much leeway, if any they have. The Beast tends to make a poor offer generally.

Water John wrote: »
    Hard to judge how much leeway, if any they have. The Beast tends to make a poor offer generally.

But then if they rise him a bit he makes "THE BIGGEST OFFER WE'VE EVER MADE". He, in particular, would completely lose the run of himself if let loose I reckon!

• Advertisement

He is fiercely competitive. The road trip taken by Ann, The Dark Destroyer and The Beast was very illuminating and interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/may/14/the-chase-anne-hegerty-fame-feminism-aspergers-im-a-celebrity

Good article. Anne has had to fight many demons along the way. Also interesting that Mark Labbett was instrumental in her getting going.

Family member has met Anne on the quiz circuit, and says she's very nice and approachable.

Just read the art, lovely piece of journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

seeminly theres a 3 year wait for the chase (:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    But then if they rise him a bit he makes "THE BIGGEST OFFER WE'VE EVER MADE". He, in particular, would completely lose the run of himself if let loose I reckon!

Its funny how they always say Paul Sinha is smug. I think the Beast is the smug one. I know theres a bit of showmanship, but I do think the Beast comes across as a bit of a pr1ck at times.

Its funny how they always say Paul Sinha is smug. I think the Beast is the smug one. I know theres a bit of showmanship, but I do think the Beast comes across as a bit of a pr1ck at times.
    I think he comes across as a LOT of a pr1ck at times! He has an ego the size of a bus, and can't be bothered to hide it.

Paul Sinha is far and away my favourite of them all (followed by Ann) - charming, funny, and willing to nominate teams as favourites the odd time, so leaves his ego in the green room.

They each have different personalities with pluses and minuses, but they all all very human and great entertainers because of that.

I think he comes across as a LOT of a pr1ck at times! He has an ego the size of a bus, and can't be bothered to hide it.

Paul Sinha is far and away my favourite of them all (followed by Ann) - charming, funny, and willing to nominate teams as favourites the odd time, so leaves his ego in the green room.

There was one episode where the Beast got badly beaten in the final chase and he was visibly p1ssed and punched the wall when he was going back to the green room, causing it to wobble.

Found it here:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Thats my fear. Just watching 'Challenge ' and can remember the furore about ' deal or no deal , millionaire and and other shows that have gone down. But they might have been weekend shows rather than daily ones.

I think Sean Wallace is a lot more craic then is given credit for. I remember there was a question involving twerking. Brad said "Whats twerking", so Sean demonstrated. You wouldn't see the Beast doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Happened to watch Classic Who Wants to be a Millionaire last night and guess who was a contestant?! Only the Beast himself! It was in April 2006, so 15 years ago! Little did he know where he’d end up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

leahyl wrote: »
    Happened to watch Classic Who Wants to be a Millionaire last night and guess who was a contestant?! Only the Beast himself! It was in April 2006, so 15 years ago! Little did he know where he’d end up!
    I remember him on Only Connect years ago. That must have been around the time The Chase started (just before).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I think Sean Wallace is a lot more craic then is given credit for. I remember there was a question involving twerking. Brad said "Whats twerking", so Sean demonstrated. You wouldn't see the Beast doing that.

Absolutely. He regularly bursts into song too.

Advertisement